Thread About Ex Player - Page 81 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Osterstunds promoted to the Swedish top flight. Think Fred got their (or the league?) player of the year last season. Three promotions in five years for them.

The player of the year notion came from a mistranslation as far as I know. It was an article in Swedish about top players in the league to look out for, or quietly effective players, or something like that.

The player of the year notion came from a mistranslation as far as I know. It was an article in Swedish about top players in the league to look out for, or quietly effective players, or something like that.

Ah, right, hadn't seen that.

Osterstunds promoted to the Swedish top flight. Think Fred got their (or the league?) player of the year last season. Three promotions in five years for them.

Three promotions in five years???? Were there a couple of relegations in there? If not, we signed Tidser from the Swedish equivalent of Arthurlie originally.

They spent just one season in the fourth tier, in 2011, then the following season went straight up to the Superettan. Now they've gone to the top flight for the first time ever. They were third tier when we signed him.

Brian 'Brian Wake' Wake, according to their Wikipedia page, scored 24 goals in 20 games in their fourth tier season. Sum boi.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

They spent just one season in the fourth tier, in 2011, then the following season went straight up to the Superettan. Now they've gone to the top flight for the first time ever. They were third tier when we signed him.

Brian 'Brian Wake' Wake, according to their Wikipedia page, scored 24 goals in 20 games in their fourth tier season. Sum boi.

A real heart warming tale. What a hero  :wub: .

• Upvote 1

In short, he is God:

wake.jpg

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Three promotions in five years???? Were there a couple of relegations in there? If not, we signed Tidser from the Swedish equivalent of Arthurlie originally.

I don't know too much about Sweden but I played for a bit in the third tier in Finland while I was at uni there, and it was a real mix of the dreadful to the pretty good. Some teams were shockingly bad - made up of keen locals who couldn't play ice hockey, mostly - whereas others were made up of ex-pros from European leagues who had moved there for work and wanted to keep playing on the side, or current players from South America keeping warm en route to the Chinese or other Middle/Far East leagues. Our team, for example, consisted of guys who had played in the English, French and Turkish top flights and a couple of Brazillian boys en route to China, was coached by a member of the Brazil 94 staff (himself en route to manage in China), was run by Jari Litmanen's agent, and used training camps up north that were used by AC Milan and other teams of that calibre. I'd guess that Sweden's third tier is probably similar but maybe of a better standard again (or at least, less bad at the bottom end).

On a semi related note, I see that MyPa have had to start again in the seventh tier (as a new club, I think?) after hitting financial difficulties. Sad fall from grace for Marko and Janne's former club.

I don't know too much about Sweden but I played for a bit in the third tier in Finland while I was at uni there, and it was a real mix of the dreadful to the pretty good. Some teams were shockingly bad - made up of keen locals who couldn't play ice hockey, mostly - whereas others were made up of ex-pros from European leagues who had moved there for work and wanted to keep playing on the side, or current players from South America keeping warm en route to the Chinese or other Middle/Far East leagues. Our team, for example, consisted of guys who had played in the English, French and Turkish top flights and a couple of Brazillian boys en route to China, was coached by a member of the Brazil 94 staff (himself en route to manage in China), was run by Jari Litmanen's agent, and used training camps up north that were used by AC Milan and other teams of that calibre. I'd guess that Sweden's third tier is probably similar but maybe of a better standard again (or at least, less bad at the bottom end).

Do you still play? Or are you finnished.  :bag:

• Downvote 1

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Craig Reid joins St.Mirren.

Would have been a decent signing for us.  Probably a better RB than what we have at the moment and I think he can also play on the left.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Gutted for the bizarre Craig Reid fanboy section - doubt that they've been this low since Willie Dyer turned out not to be Championship quality after all and instead slithered off to a side now anchored to the bottom of the seaside league.

Another golden opporunity missed.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are