Dougie Imrie vs. home-grown young talent .... - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dougie Imrie vs. home-grown young talent ....

SassenachTon

10 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

I feel that Dougie’s introduction of those youngsters, plus O’Boy, plus his emphatic defence of his strategy, are evidence that he has acknowledged his need to review his attitude towards youngsters and to demonstrate it by his actions. Whether the above or your alternative take on it is correct, if the outcome is that Dougie is genuinely giving youth a chance, then I’ll take it 100% regardless of who is right or who is wrong, and to cement that with fact, my boycott is now over.

Do you genuinely think I’m fucking stupid?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

I feel that Dougie’s introduction of those youngsters, plus O’Boy, plus his emphatic defence of his strategy, are evidence that he has acknowledged his need to review his attitude towards youngsters and to demonstrate it by his actions. Whether the above or your alternative take on it is correct, if the outcome is that Dougie is genuinely giving youth a chance, then I’ll take it 100% regardless of who is right or who is wrong, and to cement that with fact, my boycott is now over.

How many games did you boycott? None, I suspect.  Stop digging.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On 12/4/2023 at 10:25 PM, Toby said:

Do you genuinely think I’m fucking stupid?

If I thought you were stupid Toby I wouldn't respond to your posts.

I do however think you're a bit like VT in that you only seem to deal in extremes, and find it difficult to find a balance. For instance I stated that my concerns re Dougie's youth "policy" are my only reservations about his management techniques, but this has been completely overlooked in your tunnel vision regarding my concerns on his one outstanding flaw, which I've admitted he is now actively addressing, to my delight as much as yours.

Do you genuinely believe that the return on Lewis Strapp is evidence that Dougie always had an inherent passion for our academy scheme, rather than a realisation (prompted by the Morton Board) that he had to improve that facet of his management policy? Despite the fact that Strapp had revealed that Dougie had already told him he had no future at Cappielow, yet has now taken him back? 

Only a dribbling imbecile would try to present the last 12 months as a stunning win for Lewis Strapp, Morton academy champion, at the expense of the big, bad bullies who now run all of Scottish football for some reason. 

Anyone who actually attended the Q and A sessions with the management last season - replete as with similarly braying idiots like yourself - would be fully aware of the reality of the situation. As well as anyone who has actually picked up a fucking paper in the last month to register Calum Waters' long term injury.

An utterly, utterly pathetic effort. 

IMG-20220305-WA0000.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Only a dribbling imbecile would try to present the last 12 months as a stunning win for Lewis Strapp, Morton academy champion, at the expense of the big, bad bullies who now run all of Scottish football for some reason. 

Anyone who actually attended the Q and A sessions with the management last season - replete as with similarly braying idiots like yourself - would be fully aware of the reality of the situation. As well as anyone who has actually picked up a fucking paper in the last month to register Calum Waters' long term injury.

An utterly, utterly pathetic effort. 

IMG-20220305-WA0000.jpgHope you succeed. In this ploy to get back on Toby’s good side, by having a common enemy. Quite endearing and pathetic at the same time.

43 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Despite the fact that Strapp had revealed that Dougie had already told him he had no future at Cappielow.

Why do you continue to trumpet that line as something extraordinary as opposed to the exact same conversation that happens to literally hundreds of players every summer as clubs look to freshen up their squad?

9 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

If I thought you were stupid Toby I wouldn't respond to your posts.

I do however think you're a bit like VT in that you only seem to deal in extremes, and find it difficult to find a balance. For instance I stated that my concerns re Dougie's youth "policy" are my only reservations about his management techniques, but this has been completely overlooked in your tunnel vision regarding my concerns on his one outstanding flaw, which I've admitted he is now actively addressing, to my delight as much as yours.

Do you genuinely believe that the return on Lewis Strapp is evidence that Dougie always had an inherent passion for our academy scheme, rather than a realisation (prompted by the Morton Board) that he had to improve that facet of his management policy? Despite the fact that Strapp had revealed that Dougie had already told him he had no future at Cappielow, yet has now taken him back? 

No, you’ve deliberately avoided my point about Imrie giving youth it’s opportunity on a number of occasions now- specifically when I cited the examples on Davidson and Keay being given debuts prior to your “boycott”, which you claim to have called a halt to following the introduction of O’Boy.

The debuts of the two former completely contradict your “point” about Imrie having no regard for the club’s young players, yet at every opportunity, you’ve slithered around the subject, crediting him for his recent introduction of O’Boy, but avoiding the subject of Davidson and Keay.

I don’t think it’s too arrogant of me to suggest that I’m pretty prominent and well known on here- most folk know that if I’ve got a point I’ll argue it until I’m blue in the face- if you genuinely think that I’m going to let the subject of Davidson and Keay’s debut’s slide then you must think I’m fucking stupid. It’s difficult to reach any other conclusion.

As for Strapp- I haven’t mentioned him at any point since he re-signed for the club, and don’t recall mentioning his relationship with Imrie at any point, and certainly not in any detail, in the past. Again, you’re changing the subject to something you feel more comfortable with, rather than addressing my original points about the two debutants prior to O’Boy.

Strapp and Imrie may well have a difficult relationship- there’s been enough talk about it on here and on the terraces that we’d all be stupid to think there’s no smoke without fire. But guess what? That happens in every working environment. I know I’ve not always gotten on with every boss or colleague I’ve had in the past, and given how you clearly find it difficult to admit you’re wrong, I suspect the same is the case with yourself.

You note that, like vikingTON, I seem to deal in extremes. Then ask if I feel the return of Strapp means that Imrie has an inherent passion for our academy scheme. The two don’t have to be, and let’s be honest, aren’t related.

The only person dealing in extremes here is yourself- what is likely the case is that Imrie would like to blood young players into the squad, and has taken a cautious approach (sometimes too cautious in the case of McGrattan in particular) into balancing their development with the immediate need to win football matches.

The return of Strapp doesn’t mean that Imrie is now a passionate advocate for blooding kids through our academy, much like his departure in June doesn’t mean that Imrie had a downright disdain for every kid that came through the ranks at Morton. The answer is likely somewhere in the middle, as most of the learned posters on here will understand and accept.

Remember though, that the two guys you’re accusing of dealing in extremes didn’t publicly announce boycotts from matches because they were upset with the manager’s selection policy.

When I stopped going I also stopped reading match reports etc. so I didn't realise Davidson and Keay had actually played for the first team. Which games did they play in? I was down visiting Family in Greenock a couple of weeks and read the tele article on O'Boy accompanied by Dougie's "Though doth protest too much" plea that he's not scared to play academy players etc. 

I gave Dougie the benefit of the doubt and viewed it as a change of heart, although he was also under pressure from the board to do so. If he also played Keay and Davidson then that would be further evidence of that "change of heart". Again, no matter what caused that turn of events, I welcome it with open arms.

37 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

When I stopped going I also stopped reading match reports etc. 

Hahaha! You definitely come across as someone who takes things to extremes, which is wee bit hilarious since you claimed that of VT and Toby. 

Give up mate, your turning yourself into an even bigger laughing stock with every deluded post.

52 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Anyway I've backed a horse today to commemorate burying the hatchet with Dougie:

Reformed Character, 15.20 at Wolverhampton.

I'm sure he'll be delighted that you've 'buried the hatchet'

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived