Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Bo'ness United (25th November) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Bo'ness United (25th November)

Admin

Our match thread is sponsored by Tail o' the Bank Credit Union.

Don’t get hooked in by loan sharks! Avoid the pitfalls of "debt solutions". STOP, take a breath and consider your options.  Contact us to see how Inverclyde's Credit Union can help you Save, Borrow and Plan for Tomorrow.

Call the Credit Union on 01475 734655, email office@totbcu.co.uk or pop into the Credit Union at 24 Kilblain Street, Greenock, PA15 1SR. 

Like TOTB on Facebook

Follow TOTB on Twitter

Follow TOTB on Instagram

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for Alan's Fact of the Day: Bo'ness is named for the oxbow lake shape of Loch Ness and is short for "bow Ness." 

Another one of those, same time tomorrow.

I'm also hearing from my producer that Grenock Morton is going to win ten to nil in the big soccer match at Loch Ness. That's ten (ten) nil.

EOho8Pw.png

Ok, I’ll say it.

I hope we’ve got the covers down.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

20 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Ok, I’ll say it.

I hope we’ve got the covers down.

The 'covers' are pretty much redundant under any conditions tbh. When was the last time a game went ahead against prevailing conditions?

Given the zero wind, gin clear skies, frost already on the ground and very little warm up tomorrow, it's certainly in doubt. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Noted Imrie saying in his match preview that "one or two may be cup tied". Obviously being cup tied is not possible for any of our squad but presumably means Dundee and/or Queen of the South have clauses in the loans for French and Wilson to stop them playing in the Scottish Cup. If so, and considering Imrie's also said O'Connor and Quitongo aren't ready to start, we're looking at McGrattan and Blues at full back.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

42 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Don’t give Dougie trepidation’s! Morton fans cheering on one our own youth players is his worst nightmare!

IMG-20220305-WA0000.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, Cat10 said:

Surely today’s the chance to give the left back from the u18’s a start to see if they can step up. 

Throwing a wean in today is asking for trouble and would reek of complacency. It's not something a manager is going to do when a defeat would probably get him sacked, and rightly so.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

20 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Throwing a wean in today is asking for trouble and would reek of complacency. It's not something a manager is going to do when a defeat would probably get him sacked, and rightly so.

Aye, was about to say the same. Not always good for a youth player to be thrown into something like that either (although Dougie will know his mentality better than us). 

1 minute ago, RossMcC1874 said:

How are we playing? 

Rancid. The referee has just done us a favour by judging a bog-standard foul to be a last man red card. 

1 minute ago, RossMcC1874 said:

How are we playing? 

Meh, not bad. Bearne's got a decent cross on him. We did give up one good chance for them right after the break and they should have scored.

Referee is the center of attention. He just sent off some jinyir clogger for a foul right on the corner of the area so hopefully we can get a second and kill the game off.

We're not in any danger of being knocked out but it's not exactly 2013 Bayern Munich either.

EOho8Pw.png

7 minutes ago, C B said:

McGrattan lays it on a plate for Bearne who hits it out for a throw in !!! Then Dougie immediately subs McGrattan ??! 

He’s lost it 

Alternatively we're strolling to victory against ten men and he's taking off a player who's been bombing up and down the wings to give Boyd some minutes. Not everything is a calculated insult against Lewis McGrattan.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived