The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

There'll be a not inconsequential number who are aware but now have no way of buying a ticket though.

Do we seriously think that there are that many people who will have no way of buying online or finding someone to sort it for them in the next 7 hours?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

It's poor but nah, not buying that.

Anyone who has found out that they need to buy in advance now but say they aren't going for that reason are at it.

Sympathy for anyone that rocks up and hadn't seen the update but not for those that have.

Agree. Anyone using that as an excuse for not going probably wasn't going to go anyway

• Upvote 1

I think they must be fat shaming the home support if they can only squeeze in 2,500. 

If the decision is not to sell tickets on the night it really should have been highlighted at the outset. Regardless it still has the potential to be a great Friday night at the football.

• Upvote 1

If we have a severe limitation on capacity, the club should have made this known when the tie was announced and made sure season ticket holders had priority on match tickets.

Not handled well at all. If we manage to get through they better be right on to a solution to separate out cowshed and Sinclair St ticketing before this happens again.

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Heard that Smiths are now out of tickets too, so with the ticket office closed at the ground, just under 6 hours to kick-off and comfortably less than half the capacity of the home end sold, there is now no way to get a ticket if you don't have a smartphone. This is a considerably bigger shambles than the turnstiles.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Do we seriously think that there are that many people who will have no way of buying online or finding someone to sort it for them in the next 7 hours?

Yep I do. Not everyone uses smart phones/ computers, or uses money electronically. Its an own goal from the club. My father in law and all his friends, who've turned up and paid into Cappielow for over 50 years being amongst those numbers. This should have been communicated weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Fortunately I have managed to purchase 2 tickets online so will attend. However haven't noticed any statement from General Manager that would "answer all my questions for the late change of arrangements".....unless I am looking in the wrong places? Like X or the website...and it will obviously affect the attendance. Not everyone us online and plenty people operate on a cash basis. If I were them I'd watch it on tv as opposed to hassling people I know that are online. Just very disappointing that we operate in such an amateurish fashion. 

1 hour ago, shaddypeekey said:

I respectfully disagree pal. A lot of people will only get access to cash today. I mean actual physical cash, not electronic. Money they were using to physically buy a ticket. For a community club like ours to naively assume that everybody uses electronic currency and has spare cash lying about before finishing work tonight, when they get their wages in cash, is disheartening. I personally know a half dozen people who won't be able to go, because they intended buying a ticket tonight when they get paid. 

Fair point mate, you're right.

• Upvote 2

This is an own goal from Morton. The lack of awareness of how and when the support buy tickets is concerning. The marketing for the game following our recent run of form was always likely to result in a sell-out given the capacity put forward for the Sinclair Street and Cowshed. I am also struggling with the idea that a little rain creates a health and safety issue in the Cowshed. Like many of the older generation we attended Cappielow in the rain when larger crowds were the norm and it never created an issue. Tonight is an opportunity to showcase the club and encourage new fans but what we are in danger of achieving is both missing a trick and alienating some of the existing fanbase. As for it still only being cash at the pie stalls i hope someone has mentioned it to the away support.

• Upvote 1

So if we get through and get a home draw in the quarter final, we only get a big crowd if there's no rain in the forecast? Or if we're in a playoff final, our capacity could be severely restricted by a rainy day? Only a couple of years ago we had restricted movement between the Cowshed and Sinclair Street end. We could have a larger capacity with that type of restricted movement in place. 

There's really no trust in football fans, is there.

• Upvote 1

That statement and the information within needed to be out a week ago, not hours before the game.

Dale will likely read the forum and if so - great job sorting out the turnstile situation but capacity issues needed to be broadcast well in advance of today.

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg