The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

8 minutes ago, dazza said:

Must have been a surge in sales, as only 2000 odd home tickets were sold as of last night...

Think it's more a final push to get people to buy online rather than a genuine not many left message.

I think this is the first time they have said there will be no ticket office sales though which is a bit of a late call.

19 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Incredibly stupid, that. There's going to be likely hundreds rocking up expecting to just be able to buy on the night.

Aye, I phoned the club on Tuesday and was told tickets would be sold at the ground as usual. WTF?

• Downvote 1

This has got to be a police and stewarding issue surely. There was absolutely no reason to change anything which was happening in regards to the sales it's an incredibly late call and makes no sense. A lot of people even ones who go to the odd home game will just go and then buy a ticket on the day it's a much easier option and to take that away from people is just crazy.

People potentially missng out tonight when on any given match day there's tickets available until kick off is shite. 

After all the gd social media this week that's a cluster fk of a post to put out. Unless there's 8/9k tickets sold which I doubt then we're going to look fkn tin pot if the grounds half empty 5.5k and people can't get in.

If it's a police call to stop ticket sales then that decision has come far to late should have been announced days ago. 

• Upvote 1

I just phoned Cappielow and was advised that the General Manager will be putting out a statement "in the next couple of hours" regarding the changes tonight re buying tickets. Because of the TV gantry the capacity for Cowshed AND Sinclair St is 2500. Therefore they have decided not to open ticket office. To be fair the fella was very apologetic and fully understands my frustrations. As I am an "out of towner" he suggested I get to Cappielow before 4pm to get a ticket or buy one online. I did tell him that such a late decision makes us look like an amateur outfit as they must have known the reduced capacity well before today. And 2500 seems very small for that area....

18 minutes ago, thehustler said:

I just phoned Cappielow and was advised that the General Manager will be putting out a statement "in the next couple of hours" regarding the changes tonight re buying tickets. Because of the TV gantry the capacity for Cowshed AND Sinclair St is 2500. Therefore they have decided not to open ticket office. To be fair the fella was very apologetic and fully understands my frustrations. As I am an "out of towner" he suggested I get to Cappielow before 4pm to get a ticket or buy one online. I did tell him that such a late decision makes us look like an amateur outfit as they must have known the reduced capacity well before today. And 2500 seems very small for that area....

That's absolutely mad. That's a drop of over 3000 in the capacity!

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

28 minutes ago, thehustler said:

That's wild. I wonder how many cameras do they have in those areas. And I assume they must be using the far end of the cowshed for the presenters again. The Sinclair Street must hold about 1500 usually. Doesn't seem like there's going to be much space in the cowshed at all. 

Can't imagine the BBC is going to get a very good reception tonight if they've denied us that much space. We had over 12,000* at Cappielow for a televised game 25 years ago. 

*or 14000 or 13500 or 15000. I can't find a reliable attendance figure for that game. 

Edited by SpoonTon

Honestly, where on earth is a 2500 capacity coming from, even with a gantry? We must have had well over 3000 in the Cowshed against Rangers on BT 8 years ago.

Can't believe they've managed to sort out the turnstiles and somehow created another just as bad PR disaster.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The amount of folk on socials saying they planned to buy at the ground and now won't bother is quite worrying. That's quite a lot of additional income down the drain. If it's a staffing issue, make a request for volunteers or something. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

This is just a complete fkn joke of a situation to be in 8 hours before a game. 

He said a few weeks back they (morton) spoke to BBC about cameras and the area needed was being reduced so why the need for such a limited capacity only becoming an issue on game day ffs jesus wept. 

11 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

The amount of folk on socials saying they planned to buy at the ground and now won't bother is quite worrying. That's quite a lot of additional income down the drain. If it's a staffing issue, make a request for volunteers or something. 

It's poor but nah, not buying that.

Anyone who has found out that they need to buy in advance now but say they aren't going for that reason are at it.

Sympathy for anyone that rocks up and hadn't seen the update but not for those that have.

• Upvote 2