Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (5th March) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (5th March)

Admin

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Didnt see this one coming must admit.

Really. We've been poor for a few weeks (albeit we've picked up points) and queens are having a bounce since punting there manager this was always likely to happen 

Nothing is working today. Individual errors, big gaps for the opposition to run into, lack of composure on the ball. We've been so poor individually that it's difficult to work out how deep the problems with the system might be. 

The Dougie bounce was fantastic, finding something in players previous managers couldn’t and re-energising those We knew were capable. Now for some reason he’s saw fit to drop the most improved in the above categories - Reece Lyon, who was driving Us forward with purpose and looking like the player We believed he was! WTF has happened Dougie?

15 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Can someone explain to me how Wilson remains on the park? As shambolic a performance as anything we saw under McPherson.

What has Blues done to stay on the park? Oliver was dreadful as usual when we were under pressure.

Wilson is a scapegoat covering the reality that the two other players in our 'midfield' are not good enough either and are regressing to the mean of their previous levels of performance. If one isn't performing well enough then all three aren't performing well enough. 

4 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

I thought wilson was meant to be injury prone? All of a sudden We need that to be the case and it doesn’t happen? Typical Morton luck!

What a fucking arsehole you are. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

7 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Nothing is working today. Individual errors, big gaps for the opposition to run into, lack of composure on the ball. We've been so poor individually that it's difficult to work out how deep the problems with the system might be. 

Correct. This has happened to both teams at Palmerston often enough (0-4 for us in 2020). The three goals conceded are so inexplicable that they largely defy general explanation - it has been an abysmal day at the office.

The weakness from shots at the edge of the box is recurring and needs to be addressed. You can't on the other hand legislate for a honking pass back for the 3rd. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Lyon must not be 100% fit surely? Dougie did seem to rate him as highly much as most of us do.

A couple of bad mistakes (McEntee's generally been really good until today?) against a team enjoying a bounce combined with not taking advantage of being well on top for the first 20 minutes and bang, a really bad result.

Just a shame it came today when we could have marooned them deep into the bottom 2.

The rest of the season is going to be a total dog fight

Just now, CM48 said:

Lyon must not be 100% fit surely? Dougie did seem to rate him as highly much as most of us do.

I think he might be waiting for a result to break up a lineup that was doing okay - which I don't agree with. If so, then the silver lining is that the change has to be made now and there can be no serious grumbling about it. They've shat the fucking bed so can't complain about being parked on the bench next week. 

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

What has Blues done to stay on the park? Oliver was dreadful as usual when we were under pressure.

Wilson is a scapegoat covering the reality that the two other players in our 'midfield" are not good enough and are regressing to the mean of their previous levels of performance. If one isn't performing well enough then all three aren't performing well enough. 

Blues has done nothing for the last few games while Oliver offered something today without ever looking like scoring. Wilson though is not the answer, he is not simply a scapegoat he is a reject from Dunfermline for a reason. The lad has been dreadful defensively today and offers nothing going forward. Since he joined my issue with Wilson is he replaced arguably our most creative and in-form midfield player in Lyon. Just to be clear no player is exempt from criticism today.

5 minutes ago, CM48 said:

A couple of bad mistakes (McEntee's generally been really good until today?) against a team enjoying a bounce combined with not taking advantage of being well on top for the first 20 minutes and bang, a really bad result.

Just a shame it came today when we could have marooned them deep into the bottom 2.

The rest of the season is going to be a total dog fight

Yep, he's not been himself for a while.

EOho8Pw.png

Absolutely honking display after a promising opening 10 minutes. It's actually got so bad in the second half that it's almost not worth us analysing it. The most important thing is how these players respond to this as it's so far below the level they've set under Imrie. 

Huge game next week. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived