Betfred Cup Group Stage July 2019 - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Betfred Cup Group Stage July 2019

At the same stage last year against championship opponents in Ross County there was only 7.5K in attendance so i doubt it will be above that.

Although this game was on a Sunday as Hibs had just been punted out of Europe on the thursday so that may have had a effect on the attendance. 

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, am heading through tomorrow with my wee boy, was considering taking the train. Looked earlier in the week and it was saying £23,kids travelling for a pound.

Now saying £35.

Is this right?

Anyone able to direct me towards cheaper fairs from West Inverclyde area?

Not getting a supporters bus as meeting family for lunch before game.

Otherwise I will take the car. Sack paying £35,which appears to be adult price!!

Right, am heading through tomorrow with my wee boy, was considering taking the train. Looked earlier in the week and it was saying £23,kids travelling for a pound.

Now saying £35.

Is this right?

Otherwise I will take the car. Sack paying £35,which appears to be adult price!!

Don't give a single penny to Scotrail, getting a public service bus is surely better than the train. I'd take the car because Scotrail are money grabbing bastards.

Update: Megabus is £13 return from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Greenock to Glasgow return is only £7~ on the train (f*ck that) and £5~ on a McGills bus.

Don't give a single penny to Scotrail, getting a public service bus is surely better than the train. I'd take the car because Scotrail are money grabbing bastards.

Update: Megabus is £13 return from Glasgow to Edinburgh and Greenock to Glasgow return is only £7~ on the train (f*ck that) and £5~ on a McGills bus.

The wee fella likes the train...

Beer with my lunch mibby!

Fek it. Will just drive through. Was thinking about parking costs but that's heehaw compared to train cost!

Actually just fancied a wee day out to the fitba by train.

Ach well.... As you said, robbing barstewards!

It's slightly cheaper if you buy a return to Glasgow then a return from Glasgow to Edinburgh, but only by a couple of quid.

Aye, just clocked that. Inverkip to Glasgow is about £12return...since when?...

Glasgow Edinburgh cheapest is £19.

Shall save the money, drive and get a good carryout for when I get home!!

Incidentally, anyone who wants a lift home I have 2 free seats!

FOC obviously!

Now saying £35.

Is this right?

The £35 is maybe an open return or something?

I've ended up deciding against it, can't really justify the expense with so much else on. If/when we win it better be an early goal then a boring shitfest so I don't miss another Easter Road classic.

AWMSC

Prices quoted above will be peak time/open return prices. All services on Saturday should be off peak and you're probably talking around 23/24 quid return on the train from Greenock to Waverley for an adult. Not sure about the kids travelling for a pound

Prices quoted above will be peak time/open return prices. All services on Saturday should be off peak and you're probably talking around 23/24 quid return on the train from Greenock to Waverley for an adult. Not sure about the kids travelling for a pound

Aye its about £24. Still shocking - I was in Germany last weekend and hit a day pass for about a tenner that I could use for the day that covered a much bigger distance as much as needed.

The single is £19, then £4 extra for the return which goes to show that it's a blatant rip-off. You can travel across borders and entire countries elsewhere in Europe for less on far better trains, I went from Amsterdam to Düsseldorf for about £20 on a train that was more like a camper-van.

Suppose the Dutch can afford it with the profits they get from ours. Good old privatisation.

AWMSC

Aye its about £24. Still shocking - I was in Germany last weekend and hit a day pass for about a tenner that I could use for the day that covered a much bigger distance as much as needed.

Cheers mate.

Lack of experience using trains other than to Glasgow on the odd occasion.

The single is £19, then £4 extra for the return which goes to show that it's a blatant rip-off. You can travel across borders and entire countries elsewhere in Europe for less on far better trains, I went from Amsterdam to Düsseldorf for about £20 on a train that was more like a camper-van.

Suppose the Dutch can afford it with the profits they get from ours. Good old privatisation.

No wonder we want to leave them.

Don't give a single penny to Scotrail, getting a public service bus is surely better than the train.

Worst contribution to the forum since Dream Oak Tree started posting again.

Mods please.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The single is £19, then £4 extra for the return which goes to show that it's a blatant rip-off.

No, the clue is in term ‘Cheap Day Return’: it’d be rather fucking pointless if it cost £38 instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived