Morton Club Together Updates - Page 125 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Toby said:

There were a lot of old men shouting at clouds, as is often the case at such meetings.

One guy making a fuss about why the club board and the MCT board don’t include the same people and another bizarrely accusing the club board of lacking ambition to get promoted because the manager chooses to pick Kirk Broadfoot every week.

All four candidates were elected onto the MCT board and Sam Robinson stood down, but will remain on the club board.

A lot of the business was box ticking, such as correcting the wording of some of the constitution to align with how the world works nowadays when discussing gender etc. and Sam made the point that operations behind the scenes are a major focus, with someone at Alloa previously telling them that they saw Morton as a full time club with a part time infrastructure, the opposite of themselves.

A point of note was that football wages account for 70% of turnover, which I would say isn’t too bad for a club of our size- I could be wrong.

I asked about the land that’s been excavated between the ground and the Norseman, and it’s very much a case of watch this space in regards to a community hub, but don’t expect anything too soon, and they might initially use shipping containers before something more permanent to test the water on the appetite for such a facility.

Gordon confirmed that there had been no contact at all from Inverness re: Dougie, and told us of some very nice news the club received yesterday.

I’ll leave that to the club to announce rather than blabbing on here, as it’s something to make a song and dance about.

Let's hope not for the sole sake of self promotion and a few free tickets....

Something like what cove have would be ideal in the short term. IIRC it was a portakabin style set-up. 

Edited by TONofmemories
  • Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

46 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Let's hope not for the sole sake of self promotion and a few free tickets....

Something like what cove have would be ideal in the short term. IIRC it was a portakabin style set-up. 

Is cove not just a big portacabin on a bit of land so essentially the same? I had been in the pub since 12 that day and only went in after the game so memory might be playing tricks! 

41 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Is cove not just a big portacabin on a bit of land so essentially the same? I had been in the pub since 12 that day and only went in after the game so memory might be playing tricks! 

Aye, that's what i'm saying would be a good short-term fix. Was a really good set-up. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

26 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Aye, that's what i'm saying would be a good short-term fix. Was a really good set-up. 

I'd be happy with that as a permanent thing tbh. Places like https://www.boxpark.co.uk/shoreditch/ are just made up of old containers and are quite good. Suppose there's the balance of being a pub that is suitable for a couple of hours and somewhere that can make money during the week that's got a bit more facilitates. 

23 minutes ago, irnbru said:

I'd be happy with that as a permanent thing tbh. Places like https://www.boxpark.co.uk/shoreditch/ are just made up of old containers and are quite good. Suppose there's the balance of being a pub that is suitable for a couple of hours and somewhere that can make money during the week that's got a bit more facilitates. 

yip I was thinking the same thing.  Stack in Newcastle was brilliant too before it got shut down.  There is a lot you can do with shipping containers and it needn't necessarily be temporary.  With the proximity to Clydeport I would like to think there might be scope for some sort of a partnership/sponsorship deal with Peel Ports to provide the containers if we were to go down that route

• Upvote 2

Not having the same people on both boards is 100% by design. People don't seem to understand the difference between fan-owned and fan-run - there is an overlap but it's not completely the same thing. Without wanting to reduce it too much, you'd want the people on the GMFC board to be first-teamers and the MCT board to be the reserves, to an extent.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

9 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Not having the same people on both boards is 100% by design. People don't seem to understand the difference between fan-owned and fan-run - there is an overlap but it's not completely the same thing. Without wanting to reduce it too much, you'd want the people on the GMFC board to be first-teamers and the MCT board to be the reserves, to an extent.

Agree it needs to be separate but I think the important bit is to show where the overlap is an how the members can influence the company they essentially own. 

Also good for directors of the MCT board to remember it’s the MCT board and not the GMFC board. Just incase, people get mixed up and say they are GMFC directors when telling people and they are actually MCT. And vice versa. 

Edited by Tubes
  • Upvote 2

On 9/26/2023 at 9:15 AM, Toby said:

and told us of some very nice news the club received yesterday.

I’ll leave that to the club to announce rather than blabbing on here, as it’s something to make a song and dance about.

Any chance of a bit more info or a bit of a hint as to what this relates to?  I thought that there might be some info on the podcast but there was no mention of it when they were discussing the AGM.  I missed the meeting as was at a gig on Monday

• 4 weeks later...

Stewart Farmer has stepped down from the GMFC board due to illness. That is a shame. After a rocky start he was integral to the success MCT has become. I thank him for his hard work. 

There's now a vacancy on the GMFC board to be filled by an MCT representative. 

EOho8Pw.png

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

Who has given some random Da the password to the MCT Twitter? Someone has mistaken constant spam for high quality communications. 

I went on to look, fearing the worst - it's not that bad. Yeah, it's a bit yer da but it's harmless enough.

EOho8Pw.png

On 11/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, BishopBrennan said:

Who has given some random Da the password to the MCT Twitter? Someone has mistaken constant spam for high quality communications. 

Most have been cringe but OK.

The pitch inspection one today labelling readers 'troops' on the other hand...

On 11/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, BishopBrennan said:

Just seen that there. 'Troops' is a bit cringey.