ton v inverness - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v inverness

beetee

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a ploy to satisfy his father and sell season tickets. Crawford is a golfer and has been put in this position by his dad. He's trying to get out without the complete fall off a cliff that i suspect he'd prefer.

A face saving exercise. IMO

Nah, I don't agree with that. If he really didn't care then why would he be at every game and have the stress and hassle of what's going on just now, particularly after the death of his dad. He could have walked away.

The point I was making about the "Together" thing wasn't even so much as about the fine details, more that it went from all of that patter through to what can best be described as "indifference".

This whole affair could and should have been handled so much better. I'd guess the reason so many people view the club's heid-bummers with contempt and mistrust is because that's exactly the impression that's been given the other way by the club for years. 

AWMSC

Because he would looked utterly heartless?

If he didn’t care would he worry about looking utterly heartless? My Dad was much frailer than Dougie, yet he trooped on longer than we expected. I feel that Dougie’s death would have been a major shock and surprise to Crawford, quickly followed by the McKinnon fiasco. This was all right after the three year plan was put in place, and if I was in Crawford’s shoes I don’t think I could have dealt with all these events any better. It’s probably correct that he lost faith at that point though I believe the plan was genuine at the time.

If he didn’t care would he worry about looking utterly heartless? My Dad was much frailer than Dougie, yet he trooped on longer than we expected. I feel that Dougie’s death would have been a major shock and surprise to Crawford, quickly followed by the McKinnon fiasco. This was all right after the three year plan was put in place, and if I was in Crawford’s shoes I don’t think I could have dealt with all these events any better. It’s probably correct that he lost faith at that point though I believe the plan was genuine at the time.

If we were just waiting on Crawford to come down and paint our living rooms then sure, I'd have unlimited sympathy with him for losing interest after the death of his father.

As it is though, he's taken hundreds of pounds from each punter, will be expecting us all to hand him hundreds more this summer and you can guarantee he'd have been on the pitch with a microphone had we won the league this season, so it's only right he's held accountable when things aren't going well.

AWMSC

What we desperately need is for another central defender to get injured and force him to abandon this 5 at the back sham.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Nah, I don't agree with that. If he really didn't care then why would he be at every game and have the stress and hassle of what's going on just now, particularly after the death of his dad. He could have walked away.

Which is, technically, what he is wanting to do.

Inverness have been the only club in the division to have a clear and fairly impressive gameplan - rather than just knocking it around until it randomly arrives at a decent player - but there can be no excuses for not taking something this evening. We've had six days' preparation while they've had a cup semi-final to deal with in the meantime, and while our squad has more injuries you could argue that the loss of their own credible goalkeeper is more significant than any of our absences. Above all else, the stakes must simply higher for any Morton player who even wants to think about still having a career in professional football this summer. 

2-1. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yes, but he could quite easily put us into administration and walk away completely.

But if he did that he wouldn’t get any money for the club or the car park so if he goes part time and “breaks even” he will get a couple of hundred grand back for the car park and club so he is not ever going to walk away from that and let an administrator take over cappielow park or any other asset.

Yes, but he could quite easily put us into administration and walk away completely.

1) The idea that we're supposed to be somehow grateful that the chairman of the club hasn't put the club into administration, under any circumstances, is truly laughable

2) I'm really not sure that he could. In what way would it serve GC's interests to call in administrators now, when any penny in the pound CVA package would just wipe out the £2 million debt that they have on the club's books with nothing to show for it? Crawford quite clearly doesn't hold the whip hand at GC so quite why you think that decision could be made on his whim alone is baffling. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1) The idea that we're supposed to be somehow grateful that the chairman of the club hasn't put the club into administration, under any circumstances, is truly laughable

2) I'm really not sure that he could. In what way would it serve GC's interests to call in administrators now, when any penny in the pound CVA package would just wipe out the £2 million debt that they have on the club's books with nothing to show for it? Crawford quite clearly doesn't hold the whip hand at GC so quite why you think that decision could be made on his whim alone is baffling.

Agreed.

Inverness have been the only club in the division to have a clear and fairly impressive gameplan - rather than just knocking it around until it randomly arrives at a decent player - but there can be no excuses for not taking something this evening. We've had six days' preparation while they've had a cup semi-final to deal with in the meantime, and while our squad has more injuries you could argue that the loss of their own credible goalkeeper is more significant than any of our absences. Above all else, the stakes must simply higher for any Morton player who even wants to think about still having a career in professional football this summer.

2-1.

That’ll be two own goals then

On point 2, he's publicly stated they won't pursue it anyway so they wouldn't be getting anything either way.

The point is that's he's clearly got feelings for the club as there's no real advantage for him to stick around keeping things ticking over.

Archived