Morton away vs. East Fife - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton away vs. East Fife

capitanus

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was a shame game. Not even an argument about the TTG chants which there usually is. Just solid hounding for the last 15 minutes.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

We are a joke club.

JJ joined he said we were a club with ‘a history of fine traditions’

What are they?

It might be because I am pissed off but in my eyes we are like Raith, bounce between championship and league one.

Effectively a part time club trying to justify being full time as no chance of reaching premiership.

If we were any good we'd be pushing for top in a league this s***e. That makes the current situation even more laughable.

Correct. We’re only sitting mid-table because of how shite this league actually is.

How can we entice folk to come watch us when we play 5 at the back? Embarrassing.

How does he want the team to play? Not a rhetorical question - I've not seen enough* games to know what he's up to. Does he want width? Does he want a target man? Does he want a back three every week? I don't like 352 with slower midfielders personally but if that's his style the board either need to back him or sack him.

*Actually by half time in the loss to Alloa, the one at home, I'd seen quite enough. The fact that I even need to specify which loss to ****ing Alloa it was is bad enough.

His whole approach is influenced far too much by a couple of completely shambolic defensive performances (in fairness I don't particularly rate any combination of our centre backs and don't particularly rate our full backs either). Since then it's been all about holding a good defensive shape, breaking when we can, getting crosses into the box, and trying to edge tight games. It has worked on occasion, and has a time and a place, but the issue is that we still have far too many lapses at the back and are left with too little attacking threat. I can understand what JJ has been saying about things generally working apart from the lapses, because things have been going to his game plan (ugly as it is) to an extent outside these lapses, but you simply cannot factor out defensive mistakes. He needs to address the fact the we will defend poorly enough that sometimes well literally pass the ball into our own net - you cannot edge tight games when you do things like that.

It's like Levein's 4-6-0 debacle. Obsessed with the defensive lack to a harmful extent.

He's got a problem at both ends of the pitch. With or without JJ, we need signings. He needs to get signings in and change his mindset or he won't last the season.

The Rae's may well have saved the club in their history since they have been in charge .they have also destroyed it as well.

A manager who everyone was behind was appointed at the start of the season snaked us and was replaced by someone who looked like they might do a job and was worth a gamble on. It looks like the latter isn't going to work out and we'll see how it's dealt with but just moaning about the board isn't really relevant here.

A manager who everyone was behind was appointed at the start of the season snaked us and was replaced by someone who looked like they might do a job and was worth a gamble on. It looks like the latter isn't going to work out and we'll see how it's dealt with but just moaning about the board isn't really relevant here.

It's very relevant mate. They handed an inexperienced manager, in his first job, a two year contract. 

Wrong we have under achieved and went back the way whilst other clubs have bypassed us we are an embarrassment of a club so yes the board is at fault.

Archived