The Road To Hampden 18/19 Scottish Cup Draw.. - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Road To Hampden 18/19 Scottish Cup Draw..

delboy66

Perhaps the biggest travesty of McInally's time at Morton is that he was given the job instead of Rowan Alexander. The history of our club and indeed Scottish football could have been so much different today if a club legend came back to manage his natural suitors, there would have been no 'living the dream' Gretna making a complete mockery of our leagues, and Morton could have been a proper established premier league side today.

Discuss.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean we’d have been a Premier League club because of Gretna’s absence or because of Alexander’s management?

For the latter, his sole managerial achievement without Mileson’s millions was to take Queen of the South to the Challenge Cup final in the late 90s (and lose). Never threatened to get them promoted to the top flight during his reign.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Was Alexander not on his way to romping to the Third Division title with Gretna when we appointed McInally? We could have appointed Alexander post-Gretna, or maybe before that when we appointed Cowboy (I have no idea on that one), but I'm not sure what's meant by appointing McInally instead of him.

Perhaps the biggest travesty of McInally's time at Morton is that he was given the job instead of Rowan Alexander. The history of our club and indeed Scottish football could have been so much different today if a club legend came back to manage his natural suitors, there would have been no 'living the dream' Gretna making a complete mockery of our leagues, and Morton could have been a proper established premier league side today.

Discuss.

Me and a few mates were discussing something similar after the game on Saturday. You can't help but wonder what might have been if we'd been promoted at the first, or even second, attempt from the Second Division. If we had appointed someone who wasn't f***ing scum like McInally. If we'd have maintained the momentum we'd gathered from winning the Third Division then who knows where we might have ended up. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Me and a few mates were discussing something similar after the game on Saturday. You can't help but wonder what might have been if we'd been promoted at the first, or even second, attempt from the Second Division. If we had appointed someone who wasn't f***ing scum like McInally. If we'd have maintained the momentum we'd gathered from winning the Third Division then who knows where we might have ended up.

Back to back promotions would have kept the healthier crowds that we had at the time. By the time McInally had finally gotten us up there wasn’t the same “feeling” around Cappielow.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Was Alexander not on his way to romping to the Third Division title with Gretna when we appointed McInally? We could have appointed Alexander post-Gretna, or maybe before that when we appointed Cowboy (I have no idea on that one), but I'm not sure what's meant by appointing McInally instead of him.

Alexander won the Third the season we appointed McInally following Cowboy’s disastrous “we blew it” season.

Both Stranraer and Gretna won back to back promotions whilst McInally had us stalling in the 2nd division.

Edit - technically Stranraer won the 3rd division whilst we had Cowboy as manager, but the general point of us underachieving still stands.

Back to back promotions would have kept the healthier crowds that we had at the time. By the time McInally had finally gotten us up there wasn’t the same “feeling” around Cappielow.

Aye, the momentum and feel-good factor about the club continuing into the First Division would have been very interesting. Both our on-pitch bottle jobs and McInally being a f***ing w****r shattered that and it's never been back since. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I see Premier Sports have just announced a 6 year deal to cover the Scottish Cup. Another channel to subscribe to, smashing.

Does that mean the BBC and Sky no longer have rights to show it at all? The number of subscriptions required these days to watch sports is getting ridiculous. 

Does that mean the BBC and Sky no longer have rights to show it at all? The number of subscriptions required these days to watch sports is getting ridiculous.

The BBC still have rights, SKY don’t. I tend to subscribe to Premier Sports in July when the Scottish clubs are playing their European preliminary ties and there’s not much football on the telly, but it’s getting to the stage I’m really grudging it now.

I called SKY a few months ago threatening to leave and they cut my prices dramatically, basically admitting they were ripping me off for years, and after losing the Italian football, we should really be expecting a cheaper BT package this year.

Not Pemier Sports’ fault I suppose and the SFA are entitled to go for as good a deal as they can, but from a fan’s perspective, something’s got to give. And I’ve not even started on Eleven Sports yet...

The flip side of the coin is that when a single company has most of the top rights, they can charge an absolute fortune. But eventually people are going to stop subscribing to several different services.

EOho8Pw.png

Extending televised coverage from the First Round onwards is a major step forward.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Sky Sports is now terrible value, especially compared to what you used to get (and for less money). So it's at the point that anything they lose is good news because there's little reason left to subscribe (if you don't particularly watch the EPL). Getting passes for anything really worthwhile is better now.

But Premier Sports? £10 a month for next to nothing of interest to a football fan. For most of the year that would be £10 to watch one or two Scottish Cup matches. Not a chance I'll be paying for that. At least Eleven Sports is only £6 a month for La Liga and Serie A.

Does it include box office and can you pause and record etc?

Yes it includes box office. Not sure about pause and record even though i have it. Never tried ti use that feature tbh. 

RE picture, you get all the HD channels. 

Buy yourself a Firestick (40 quid) and buy a year subscription for IPTV. Loads of folk offering a yearly service. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Like sound of this. Is it easy to set up? Can you put it on fire stick or need an android box?

All done through firestick. 

Takes about 5 mins to set up. Worth buying a years subscription for the sports alone and then downloading Showbox for films - typically the newest films on it within 6 weeks of release. 

There are plenty free apps as well which you can download by following YouTube links which also have SKY Sports and BT as a back up to IPTV if that goes down. £80 for a years worth of pretty much unlimited channels. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived