Duffy Sacked - According To The Sun - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Duffy Sacked - According To The Sun

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who do we bring in.

Please not hoppy

Hopkin was arguably the best manager at this level this season. Certainly overperformed.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Riddance, good, etc.

When the dust settles and we're looking back on these four years with hindsight he'll be remembered fondly for the positives of his reign, particularly when compared with other managers of the Dougie Rae era, but right now relief is the overriding emotion. This sacking is overdue.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Do you really want that awful style of football...

The only kind of football I want to see at Morton is successful, winning football. If Hopkin wanted it he'd be among the best available.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Strange it's on there before the official site or anything. Hopefully true.

Thanks Jim, you've been better than anyone expected, given us some pretty good times, bit ultimately brought this on yourself.

Could be contract issues etc to resolve. Wouldn’t expect anything on the site until it’s officially official.

We should be pushing the boat out for Hopkin. What he's done with Livi just shows what can be done. Dougie stepping down also draws a line under the previous knockbacks we've given him.

We shouldn't be 'pushing the boat out' for him. He should be a serious contender but if we are 'pushing the boat out' it should be someone with more tangible success at this and a higher level.

Could be contract issues etc to resolve. Wouldn’t expect anything on the site until it’s officially official.

Thought it was strange that it jumped straight to the Sun as official, but someone pointed out that Duffy writes for them so maybe he had a word.

Archived