Midden V Morton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Midden V Morton

gmfc23

Where the fuck to start with this one. Like every morton fan i hope we win but with tidser and mcmanus out we are really are up against it. Everything about morton just now seems to smack of panic and desperation lets hope duffy and the players are right up for it and 3 point are headed our way at 4:45.

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware lamie Russell

Forbes Harkins Murdoch Thomson

Oliver

Quitongo

Midden 2 morgan rielly

Morton 2 thomson McHugh

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take a point right now. They are flying at the moment while we are very inconsistent. Tidser will be a big miss for us but these are the games players should be up for and they owe us a big performance.

Head says we could be in for a long afternoon and be up against it.

Heart says we'll dig in and come away with a victory.

I'd settle for somewhere in the middle and a 1-1 draw.

Mon Eh Ton

I doubt he'll drop McHugh as he scored last week, and that'd means to shoehorn him in it'll be a continuation of 4-3-3 and wasting Quitongo, with a midfield begging to be overrun. I dearly hope I'm wrong and he gets Quitongo back through the middle.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Our lack of pace in the middle of the park will be a worry today as they are quick from middle to front. But if Jai is playing through the middle we will always have a chance.

I'd expect us to go out and get beat today based on the way both teams have been playing but you just never know.

Into this mob today. Don't spoil our weekend Morton!

Can't make my mind up about them, yeah they're winning a lot but their two league defeats have been heavy ones, so not sure if they were just two bad days at the office or a sign of underlying fragility that can be exposed and exploited. Let's hope it's the latter, but not expecting anything other than a defeat this afternoon.

2-0 :(

They need bitch slapped and brought down a peg or two, but our team show few signs of being able to do that (granted the only time we have been capable of doing that was the last game against them).

I expect most of us to grimace in frustration when we see the team and formation. I pray this is one of the times we do that but Duffy gets the last laugh and is proved correct. The signs aren't good though.

Gaston

Doyle - O'Ware- Lamie - Russell

Forbes - Harkins - Murdoch - Thomson

Quitongo  - Oliver

Weak midfield, but we're well aware of that. Even with Tidser fit, our midfield always looks like being overrun, so we just need to keep the ball wide as much as possible, and try and get Oliver and Quitongo running the flanks and stretching their centre of defence, the poorest area of their team.

Both teams to score is a given.

Gaston

Doyle - O'Ware- Lamie - Russell

Forbes - Harkins - Murdoch - Thomson

Quitongo - Oliver

Weak midfield, but we're well aware of that. Even with Tidser fit, our midfield always looks like being overrun, so we just need to keep the ball wide as much as possible, and try and get Oliver and Quitongo running the flanks and stretching their centre of defence, the poorest area of their team.

Both teams to score is a given.

I'd go with that team. Oliver and quitongo are our best pairing

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I'd go with that team. Oliver and quitongo are our best pairing

Mchugh doesnt have the creative influence Oliver has but i'd play him purely for his instinct and finishing in and around the box.

We wont have a lot of chances so we need to take the ones we get.

Archived