Colt Teams Proposal - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Colt Teams Proposal

Should be bigger leagues with two up, two down and play off between 3rd bottom and 3rd top in a one off game or 3 down and 3,4,5 and 6 compete in play off. The league format is bollox and the people running our game are clueless reprobates.

Why? There is an issue with repetitive fixtures and the playoffs need tweaked but I don't know what bigger leagues would achieve other than flooding the divisions with more guff.

Playing teams twice instead of 4 as you have pointed out.

Allowing more teams the chance to progress to Premiership. The one up, one down we were subjected to for years was horrendous.

It would, potentially make the premier league more interesting as more teams fighting for survival, more teams fighting for top half. Potential of several mini leagues.

News teams coming up and establishing themselves in the division and as you have pointed out it could get rid of some dross like Hamilton etc.

Would also spread wealth a bit more with promotion and parachute payments and maybe close the divide.

Playing teams twice instead of 4 as you have pointed out.

Allowing more teams the chance to progress to Premiership. The one up, one down we were subjected to for years was horrendous.

It would, potentially make the premier league more interesting as more teams fighting for survival, more teams fighting for top half. Potential of several mini leagues.

News teams coming up and establishing themselves in the division and as you have pointed out it could get rid of some dross like Hamilton etc.

Would also spread wealth a bit more with promotion and parachute payments and maybe close the divide.

There already are mini-leagues in the Premiership, and the other leagues for that matter. I don't know how it'd get rid of dross like Hamilton either, the whole point would be to increase the teams, there'd be more dung in the top flight. We could have a 42 team league, Celtic would still win it, Rangers/Aberdeen would still be second and Montrose would still be bottom. Not a lot would change.

It's a better format than last season which had the foreign clubs entering far too late, I've no objection to entering a round earlier. The colt teams can get in the bin though and I'll be boycotting if we get one.

Get the Colts out and get another six each in from the Highland and Lowland Leagues.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It's a better format than last season which had the foreign clubs entering far too late, I've no objection to entering a round earlier. The colt teams can get in the bin though and I'll be boycotting if we get one.

Get the Colts out and get another six each in from the Highland and Lowland Leagues.

Agree with that. I'll not be attending any game against a Colt side and I imagine a lot of other people will be the same. Would be interesting to see what happens if we got an "away" tie against the Celtic Colts side at Cappielow.

Of course, last season the seeding ensured U20s couldn't play each other, now they can... what odds some of them make their way to the quarters courtesy of only getting other U20s on the way, then their progression is held up as evidence of their ability to succeed in the league?

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Think ther ndefinateky needs to be a boycott of the coult games. Scotland wide.

Didn't log into Steve account by accident IMO.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

There was an article in one of the papers which said Hibs and Aberdeen were interested in putting their coult teams forward also. Utter shambles!

The coults did nothing in the challenge cup. Did rangers not make it to the second stage and cetic the third?

Interesting point around if we get Celtic coults in an 'away game'.

It certainly is a strange one.Interesting on the betting front - I see the FA down south have cancelled all sponsorship from betting firms. Doubt Scottish football will be following suit.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40367939

I imagine the English FA will feel pretty confident of a securing a massive deal with any number of big companies/conglomerates. The SFA not so much.

It really doesn't bother me that a bookie sponsors the league. I highly doubt that a bookmaker sponsoring the league has any link to the amount of money placed on football in Scotland. It may have an effect on the sponsor's image and market share, but I highly doubt it'll make people gamble more often.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Archived