Signings So Far - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Signings So Far

I think we'll sign Chris Duggan, the ex-Partick striker. 

There's a chance we'll have a new striker in by the end of this week.

Now that the league's getting underway we desperately need a holding midfielder signed this week.

In order of priority I'd say a holding midfielder is an absolute must.   However, it's Duffy we're talking about so we won't be getting one.

If this turns out to be the case then I'd like to see Pepper playing there as opposed to Miller.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Is it likely to be Duggan or do you reckon its someone else?

Someone else. If it happens I think it'll be a good signing just need to wait and see. Did I read the other day that Duffy has identified a centre half? Hopefully he's brought in this week too.

Another striker is a must and it would be good to get another centre back in. A right back and a defensive midfielder are still the priority though. Duffy should never have kept both oware and kilday.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Another striker is a must and it would be good to get another centre back in. A right back and a defensive midfielder are still the priority though. Duffy should never have kept both oware and kilday.

If we're saying that another striker is a must, does that mean that we're writing off MacDonald? I agree that sorting the defensive side of things is the priority. I'd put whatever resources we have left into that. 

If we're saying that another striker is a must, does that mean that we're writing off MacDonald? I agree that sorting the defensive side of things is the priority. I'd put whatever resources we have left into that.

Not at all but we are short upfront. Peaso on his day and when fit is one of the best in the league just not convinced that he will stay fit. Going by reports Johnstone will be a good player. I'm not sure if scullion's best position is as a striker and Orr looks like a good prospect but not ready for a first team place. Ideally there is still a need for another striker although if I had to choose I'd go for a defensive midfielder as it would free up Miller to play at the back.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Not at all but we are short upfront. Peaso on his day and when fit is one of the best in the league just not convinced that he will stay fit. Going by reports Johnstone will be a good player. I'm not sure if scullion's best position is as a striker and Orr looks like a good prospect but not ready for a first team place. Ideally there is still a need for another striker although if I had to choose I'd go for a defensive midfielder as it would free up Miller to play at the back.

Its been talked about to death. Duffy simply wont play him at the back. Saturday was the perfect time to give him a game at centre half because of the injury situation and he failed to do so. We need to accept he is a midfielder in Duffys eyes.

Depending on how many we can afford, personally I'd say the following is the priority:

1st  - Defensive Midfielder (which would mean we then had 4 OK-ish CBs to choose from)

2nd - Full Back (either side - I think Russell's great, but we leak goals down his side of the pitch especially early in the game)

3rd - perhaps another striker, although I think the first 2 come well ahead of a striker

If we were looking for another attack minded player I'd rather it was someone who played out wide or in attacking midfield supporting the striker. Iain Vigurs is somehow still available, don't know if he's hoping for something down south (and probably well out of our wage bracket) but someone in that mould would be good. A player to do the type of job that Imrie did for us a couple of years ago (hopefully in a more successful team).

My worry is that signing another striker would just make Duffy play 4-4-2 with 2 out and out strikers all the time. I'd be surprised if we survived this league trying that. And above all else, as you say, it's the defensive side of things that we really need to sort out.

It was just confirmed on Twitter that Gallagher has signed for St Mirren.

Yeah we couldn't get near what they offered him in terms of wages.

Hopefully Duffy has another target though. I'm not sure Chris Duggan would be a good signing.

Chris Duggan can **** off.  A bit of a joke figure amongst Dumbarton fans by all accounts.  If Duffy's "played a waiting game" for him then he's been kidding us on all along.

Edited by LargsTON

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'd love Antoine-Curier to sign, personally. We'll be very light on pace up front but that's not necessarily a dealbreaker.

Likewise but if St Mirren are outbidding us I doubt we can afford a player like MAC, who will no doubt demand a fairly heft wage. 

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"