If The Rangers Go In To The First Division - Page 5 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

If The Rangers Go In To The First Division

I know I should know but I don't know so could someone who has the ear of dear Douglas please confirm the e-mail address for sending on a love letter ?

Not sure what the etiquette is here therefore would be grateful if the 3R dinasaurs could advise if I start my correspondence with Dear DDRF, Mr Rae, Douglas, Doug, Dougie, Dug, Judas........ ? If all goes well I was thinking of asking him round for afternoon tea to discuss matters.

Lets just hope the majority of chairman see beyond the scraps from the masters table or should that be 40 pieces of silver ?

info@gmfc.net

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If SPL2 (or whatever it'll be called) can be pushed through in a matter of weeks then it'll be more to do with the power of Sky than the hidden hand of old firm favouritism.

Since the fixture list has been published already I cannot see how league reconstruction is possible in such short notice

That is unfair. The only influence the trust can have in this is making views known to our own club. Its only in the last day or two that it has become clear that Rangers would not be in the SPL. We are taking steps to gather views and will anounce those shortly.

My personal views on what should happen to Rangers are broadly the same as the vast majority of football fans and I have written about these in detail to the chairman. I have pointed out, that, in the real world maybe a deal which achieves many of the things the same football fans have wanted for years might be done. Thats just a real world view but not a statement of my own feelings on the matter. I have set out my own position on what I think should happen on the other Rangers thread.

Scott's personal views are his but he seems to say that he does not want Rangers in the first division but then states the obvious, that we would have a short term financial benefit.

I have already written to DDFR on a personal basis. Steps are in hand to take not just our members view but those of any fan who wishes them known to the club in a formal way. There is no trust position on wanting Rangers in the SFL

The rest, Russell, is just unfair and unjustified.

If it was on a personal basis, why did you use the Trust's social media portal to state this? Anonymously too, I might add.

If the Trust are actually planning on doing anything about it, they might want to hurry up about it. Surely a quick online poll could have been up as an initial gauge of opinion, for example? The prospect of Rangers being in the SFL isn't a new one at all, the idea that the Trust has only thought it prudent to consider taking action in "the last day or two" doesn't really inspire any confidence that they'll be able to display the necessary resistance.

AWMSC

no we would not

Short term we would gain - 2 x home games with say 5000 Rangers fans @ say £15 including catering, programmes etc = £150,000k compared to say Dundee's travelling support of maybe 300 = £9000 so say net £140,000. Then there is a share of the TV money. I have no idea what that is but lets say £50k.

You have to balance that against the home fans who would walk away both short term and long term.

I do not want Rangers to get into the first division and we would as Alibi has pointed out get any financial benefit in a couple of years provided we did not go down as they came up. That does not alter the fact that I think there would be a short term financial benefit. That though would have long term consequences.

Short term we would gain - 2 x home games with say 5000 Rangers fans @ say £15 including catering, programmes etc = £150,000k compared to say Dundee's travelling support of maybe 300 = £9000 so say net £140,000. Then there is a share of the TV money. I have no idea what that is but lets say £50k.

You have to balance that against the home fans who would walk away both short term and long term.

I do not want Rangers to get into the first division and we would as Alibi has pointed out get any financial benefit in a couple of years provided we did not go down as they came up. That does not alter the fact that I think there would be a short term financial benefit. That though would have long term consequences.

There would be short term financial benefit in a couple of years time anyway and under more legitimate circumstances where fans are less likely to walk away. We should be in no hurry for the money right now and we should certainly not deny 2nd and 3rd division clubs that same opportunity to milk the ****ers.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Guest David Edwards
There would be short term financial benefit in a couple of years time anyway and under more legitimate circumstances where fans are less likely to walk away. We should be in no hurry for the money right now and we should certainly not deny 2nd and 3rd division clubs that same opportunity to milk the ****ers.

I have a feeling that Mr Rae might not share your view.

I have a feeling that Mr Rae might not share your view.

Maybe, but I also have a feeling he might not want to knock a potentially crippling figure from home gates throughout the season and probably away gates too as is being advocated by fans of other clubs who plan to show no support of any club who gives this idea the green light.

He should be looking after lifelong Morton fans, not part-time knuckle-draggers of Scotland's perma-cheats. The whole thing sounds more ridiculous every time you think about it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

heres a better financial deal for the club let Sevco 5088 start in the 3rd get relegated this year if their promotion is imminent and then go all out to regain promotion through the play off spot thus ensuring 2 seasons of the big money, playing them for 2 years rather than 1.

Dougie if you want their money this is the way to do it

Danny, I dont think you have grasped it. Rangers Football Club PLC are the firm that went into administration and subsequently went under, and NOT Rangers Football Club Ltd.

Rangers Football Club Ltd are a subsidiary company in this instance, and the new company, The Rangers Football Club PLC are the new parent company of Rangers F.C. Ltd as a result of Charles Green's consortium buyout.

Danny, I think they'd rather go straight back into the SPL, however if that isn't possible the next best option for them would be want to rejoin the SFL but they want to be be automatically promoted to SFL Division 1. That is the thing that many football supporters from other Scottish teams find very unpalatable.

This is a problem made in the SPL, it is their responsibility to deal with this and the consequences, and NOT the SFL. Rangers turned their back on the SFL back in 1998, why should we let them back whenever their own kind have turned on them?

Paul, If it's Rangers PLC that has gone bust and they own a subsidiary company called RFC Ltd, would that not mean that RFC Ltd would simply be one of the assets that could be sold off to pay off RFC PLC's debts? Surely were that the case, RFC Ltd itself would still be in the SPL and all that would be at issue was who was going to be their new owner? Which entity actually has the massive debts here? It would be a bit like Golden Casket going bust and Morton ending up getting bought by someone else - the football club would continue but under new ownership. Why is that not happening to Rangers if what you say is correct?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Whatever way you try to dress it up, and by god the Rangers fans are certainly doing that, Rangers FC as we knew them are going into liquidation. I know it's hard to accept, but there was a chance to save Rangers and no-one took it.

If it's still the 'same' rangers as you are trying to make out, then obviously they keep the history, the trophies and, oh, the debt. Unfortuanately 'Newco' = New company = new club.

Hard to take, but there you go.

I decided to go and visit my granny last week - she died 35 years ago - believe it or not, she's still dead.

I'm goannie go and get a new headstone for her, but I don't think it'll make much difference to her status.

ps I think the hint is in the new name 'The' Rangers - Charles Green could have called the new club anything, it's a different name albeit very similar

Really think Capitanus and any others in denial (mibbee Bawheid ?) should tune in to Alex Thomson @ chanel 4 news - the truth hurts !

Does anyone know the position regarding The Rangers buying over (to use Toby's example) Cowdenbeath, in the same way that Airdrie took over Clydebank's position?

Has there been any rule change to prevent this? Provided the current owners of an existing 1st Div Club are willing to sell out to The Rangers then I would fully expect to see them go down this route if they cannot get into the SPL or Div 1 by more legitimate means.

Can anything be done to stop this happening? If not, then refusal to allow The Rangers to rejoin the SPL or join Div 1 may be a very short-lived victory.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Does anyone know the position regarding The Rangers buying over (to use Toby's example) Cowdenbeath, in the same way that Airdrie took over Clydebank's position?

Has there been any rule change to prevent this? Provided the current owners of an existing 1st Div Club are willing to sell out to The Rangers then I would fully expect to see them go down this route if they cannot get into the SPL or Div 1 by more legitimate means.

Can anything be done to stop this happening? If not, then refusal to allow The Rangers to rejoin the SPL or join Div 1 may be a very short-lived victory.

Did one of the Midden's directors not get punted by Gilmour with something similar ihttp://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/style_images/1/folder_editor_images/icon_open.gifn mind a few months back.

Is Donald Findlay QC not involved in the Blue Brazil ? Don't see him giving to easily. :ph34r:

Paul, If it's Rangers PLC that has gone bust and they own a subsidiary company called RFC Ltd, would that not mean that RFC Ltd would simply be one of the assets that could be sold off to pay off RFC PLC's debts?

Rangers Football Club PLC was the parent firm of Rangers Football Club Ltd, and it was the PLC who went into administration, and not the LTD company. The LTD company was purchased from the administrators by Charles Green's consortium and the new parent company is called The Rangers Football Club PLC.

The issue of whether or not Rangers FC Ltd should be allowed back into the SPL relates to the transfer of the share of the Scottish Premier League which was owned by the old PLC to Charles Greens new PLC is the sticking point, and which some clubs are reported to be objecting to.

*insert signature here*

Really think Capitanus and any others in denial (mibbee Bawheid ?) should tune in to Alex Thomson @ chanel 4 news - the truth hurts !

Danny, I just noticed these comments and I think I am a wee bit more in touch with reality in this instance than you are, and not allowing it to become too much of an emotive subject for me.

What I've stated are facts, Its the parent company that went under - The PLC - and the subsidiary - Rangers FC Ltd have new owners, Mr Greens consortium trading as The Rangers Football Club PLC.

They have a clean slate, no debts (at least no financial ones, however it can be argued that they have unfulfilled moral obligations) but they face an uncertain future of whereabouts they are playing their football as a result of wrongdoings by successive previous owners.

*insert signature here*

Whatever way you try to dress it up, and by god the Rangers fans are certainly doing that, Rangers FC as we knew them are going into liquidation. I know it's hard to accept, but there was a chance to save Rangers and no-one took it.

If it's still the 'same' rangers as you are trying to make out, then obviously they keep the history, the trophies and, oh, the debt. Unfortuanately 'Newco' = New company = new club.

Hard to take, but there you go.

I decided to go and visit my granny last week - she died 35 years ago - believe it or not, she's still dead.

I'm goannie go and get a new headstone for her, but I don't think it'll make much difference to her status.

ps I think the hint is in the new name 'The' Rangers - Charles Green could have called the new club anything, it's a different name albeit very similar

Love it now we have board members on the fence and deranged, capitainitcharse is 100% a ton fan and you now are starting to think perhaps bawheid is . A Morton fan wonders will sease to happen

You have made me a very happy chappy even if I an hauf foo oh jura whuskee un ice........... Hic :lol:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Archived