If The Rangers Go In To The First Division - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

If The Rangers Go In To The First Division

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rangers SHOULD be in the SPL next season, as it relates to one of their member clubs and their wrongdoings.

Its up to them to get it sorted, Morton FC are a member of a totally seperate league - the SFL - and shouldnt be affected or inconvenienced by the problems arising elsewhere in other leagues.

What happens if they reject the transfer of share as Sevco 5088 do not fulfil the criteria of entry, I think Falkirk suffered the same fate while Gretna were accommodated and look how that turned out.

So if they get the dingy from the SPL then the SFL should not be restructuring their set up to benefit the rest of the SPL and protecting their tv deal.

Rangers SHOULD be in the SPL next season, as it relates to one of their member clubs and their wrongdoings.

Its up to them to get it sorted, Morton FC are a member of a totally seperate league - the SFL - and shouldnt be affected or inconvenienced by the problems arising elsewhere in other leagues.

I really don't think you've grasped it yet - Rangers F.C. as we knew them will soon be LIQUIDATED.

They are to be no more.

There is a new company coming in (apparantly) and to be called The Rangers (similar name, different entity) who appear to now want to come directly into Division 1 of the SFL.

There is a procedure - The Rangers seem to want to disregard that.

Let them apply for SFL membership if they want - but the first division !!! Who the hell do they think they are ??

I think I'm going to be disagreeing with you a lot on this subject, but healthy debate is good, especially with something as important as this. I do hope you're right about everything falling apart at Green's Rangers, but from what has gone on so far, absolutely anything could happen.

I'm surprised at your short-termism (think that's the phrase) - if 'The' Rangers were indeed not to make it into the SFL and have to struggle with their new identity for the next year or so before being allowed into the SFL, I'd reckon Morton could capture 100s of kids in that time scale who would go to Cappielow instead of following in their fathers footsteps. Morton FC could make a major push to get more kids into Cappielow rather than take a short-term hit of cash.

And no, everyone DOESN'T have their price.

Danny - it will take a long time for it to COMPLETELY fall apart.

We should NOT be relying on it falling apart. "They", whoever the hell they are, dont merit a place in ANY division in Scottish Football other than through the proper channels - IE, apply along with whoever else to join the gap created at the bottom of the 3rd division - the rules for applying are quite clear and I dont need to spell them out. Currently, they dont even meet the application criterion, yet no doubt they would be allowed to apply and probably be accepted - that in itself is corrupt, but will be seen by many as being acceptable. What more do they want? Even some of their own fans see this as being the only way forward.

If they get into the SFL1 or SPL2 or any other "thing" fudged together by Doncaster and his corrupt cohorts and THEN fall apart, then I will still be totally and utterly disgusted that they were even allowed to attempt to re-gain entry and continue the corruption which is all too evident.

This should have been sorted out months ago. They need to be expelled and allowed to apply for membership under another name. It will still be the same bunch of morons both in charge and following them, but at least they will have to work hard to get it back to it's current corrupt state.

I repeat - If anything remotely resembling the defunct Rangers FC appears ANY HIGHER than the 3rd division then I will not be back at Cappielow or any other senior ground.

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

I repeat - If anything remotely resembling the defunct Rangers FC appears ANY HIGHER than the 3rd division then I will not be back at Cappielow or any other senior ground.

Pretty much what I emailed to DDFR this morning, along with notice that two season tickets may need refunded.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We should NOT be relying on it falling apart. "They", whoever the hell they are, dont merit a place in ANY division in Scottish Football other than through the proper channels - IE, apply along with whoever else to join the gap created at the bottom of the 3rd division - the rules for applying are quite clear and I dont need to spell them out. Currently, they dont even meet the application criterion, yet no doubt they would be allowed to apply and probably be accepted - that in itself is corrupt, but will be seen by many as being acceptable. What more do they want? Even some of their own fans see this as being the only way forward.

If they get into the SFL1 or SPL2 or any other "thing" fudged together by Doncaster and his corrupt cohorts and THEN fall apart, then I will still be totally and utterly disgusted that they were even allowed to attempt to re-gain entry and continue the corruption which is all too evident.

This should have been sorted out months ago. They need to be expelled and allowed to apply for membership under another name. It will still be the same bunch of morons both in charge and following them, but at least they will have to work hard to get it back to it's current corrupt state.

Guest David Edwards

Not even a (protesting) view from the car park Andy? You'll be missed.

The SPL 2 thing is my fear - some sort of skullduggery to let The Rangers straight in, rather than apply for membership to the SFL.

Could there be some sort of cobbled together new 1st division but with a different name ?

Because the way I see it if there's an SPL 'No' vote for Rangers FC share transfer to The Rangers, then effectively, I think, how on earth could The Rangers be admitted to an SPL 2.

Some sore of new organisation would surely have to be formed !?

My head hurts - i'm away for a beer !

Not even a (protesting) view from the car park Andy? You'll be missed.

Have you seen the weather outside David? How can one possibly have a bar-b-que in that ? ^_^

Seriously, no, I wouldnt bother - the swell of support for what we are argueing here is massive already - if the people at the top and our chairmen and our trusts cant deal with it properly, then i see no chance of ever changing things for the better. So I wouldnt waste my time.

The Trust - not just our Trust, were put in place for this kind of thing and they should be able to deal with it. If they cant/wont, then its game over.

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

Have you seen the weather outside David? How can one possibly have a bar-b-que in that ? ^_^

Seriously, no, I wouldnt bother - the swell of support for what we are argueing here is massive already - if the people at the top and our chairmen and our trusts cant deal with it properly, then i see no chance of ever changing things for the better. So I wouldnt waste my time.

The Trust - not just our Trust, were put in place for this kind of thing and they should be able to deal with it. If they cant/wont, then its game over.

Can the name be changed to mis-trust then ?

The future just ain't what it used to be

I received a reply from the chairman. It did not categorically state that he agreed with my view that New Rangers should only be admitted to SFL3 at best, and said something vague along the lines of "we need more information". I get the impression he would quite like to let New Rangers into SFL1 so maybe more people should make their views know directly to the club.

One argument being put forward is that we would make extra money from NR being in SFL1. If that is true (which is debatable), it will be equally true in 2 years' time or whenever they get promoted to SFL1 (if ever), so that argument is invalid, or at least inaccurate and incomplete.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Looks like a deal has now been done and now it's just a tick box formality that Sevco Rangers will be in First Division.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/23/ra...86908-23899716/

1. Take anything written by Gordon Parks / Daily Record with a huge pinch of salt.

2. Longmuir doesn't have the final say on anything, whatever he negotiates has to be approved by the member clubs.

For most first division clubs Longmuir is talking about 2012/13 being nothing more than 36 friendlies.

A compensation payment in exchange for a 'dead season' would need to be far bigger than the 250K being touted.

Why would clubs in Divs 2 and 3 vote this through, surely they want a slice of the action?

At the speed this is developing it beggars belief that the Trust are casual enough to wait another 2 weeks before even gauging members opinions. Finger out time.

The Supporters clubs need to get involved as well.

Finally, the club need to inform the fans of what's going on, the current silence does us no favours.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Guest David Edwards
The SPL 2 thing is my fear - some sort of skullduggery to let The Rangers straight in, rather than apply for membership to the SFL.

Could there be some sort of cobbled together new 1st division but with a different name ?

Because the way I see it if there's an SPL 'No' vote for Rangers FC share transfer to The Rangers, then effectively, I think, how on earth could The Rangers be admitted to an SPL 2.

Some sore of new organisation would surely have to be formed !?

My head hurts - i'm away for a beer !

Dougie was very much in favour of SPL2 if my recollection is correct. At the time Nick Robinson was too I think. No doubt in my mind something will indeed be 'cobbled together' to let Rangers in if the price is right. The short term thinkers are in charge throughout Scottish football, there's the real tragedy.

TBH, neither would I Andy. It's one thing knowing deep down that everything is rigged in the favour of the Ugly Sisters and the rest of us are all 'diddy clubs' (or 'minnows' as the succulent lambs in our tabloid press love to call SFL clubs), but it's quite another to have it so blatantly shoved in your face. I'm sure I'll find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

'

I really don't think you've grasped it yet - Rangers F.C. as we knew them will soon be LIQUIDATED.

They are to be no more.

Danny, I dont think you have grasped it. Rangers Football Club PLC are the firm that went into administration and subsequently went under, and NOT Rangers Football Club Ltd.

Rangers Football Club Ltd are a subsidiary company in this instance, and the new company, The Rangers Football Club PLC are the new parent company of Rangers F.C. Ltd as a result of Charles Green's consortium buyout.

There is a new company coming in (apparantly) and to be called The Rangers (similar name, different entity) who appear to now want to come directly into Division 1 of the SFL.

There is a procedure - The Rangers seem to want to disregard that.

Let them apply for SFL membership if they want - but the first division !!! Who the hell do they think they are ??

Danny, I think they'd rather go straight back into the SPL, however if that isn't possible the next best option for them would be want to rejoin the SFL but they want to be be automatically promoted to SFL Division 1. That is the thing that many football supporters from other Scottish teams find very unpalatable.

This is a problem made in the SPL, it is their responsibility to deal with this and the consequences, and NOT the SFL. Rangers turned their back on the SFL back in 1998, why should we let them back whenever their own kind have turned on them?

*insert signature here*

Exactly.

One argument being put forward is that we would make extra money from NR being in SFL1. If that is true (which is debatable), it will be equally true in 2 years' time or whenever they get promoted to SFL1 (if ever), so that argument is invalid, or at least inaccurate and incomplete.

I think that's the accepted logic, the compensation argument is to try and buy them out of 2 seasons of seaside league football.

You can have £250K now or wait until 2014/2015 and try and earn £250K yourselves through ticket money and tv when you play newco.

£250K (if correct) is massively undervalued in my opinion.

Interesting. Jim MacVicar, who many will know on here as midTONs, posted on the Trust Facebook page last night asking the Trust's stance on the Rangers issue and was answered by an anonymous poster under the Trust's name;

This, like for many bodies involved within Scottish football is an opportunity for the Trust. It's reputation has suffered greatly over the last three years and it could be putting a stance across one way or another, but they don't seem to know what they want.

That is unfair. The only influence the trust can have in this is making views known to our own club. Its only in the last day or two that it has become clear that Rangers would not be in the SPL. We are taking steps to gather views and will anounce those shortly.

Firstly, on the Herald thread we had Tonsilitis saying everyone was being harsh on Mr. Rae and he was saying what a lot of us were thinking. Then, on Pie and Bovril, he's signing their petition and informing everyone on there that he's written to his Chairman, and now he's looking at it as a bargaining chip,

My personal views on what should happen to Rangers are broadly the same as the vast majority of football fans and I have written about these in detail to the chairman. I have pointed out, that, in the real world maybe a deal which achieves many of the things the same football fans have wanted for years might be done. Thats just a real world view but not a statement of my own feelings on the matter. I have set out my own position on what I think should happen on the other Rangers thread.

whilst Scott Gillan posted on the No to Newco Facebook page (link below if anyone wishes to join ;) ) that "Dont want them but we would benefit from £££££".

Scott's personal views are his but he seems to say that he does not want Rangers in the first division but then states the obvious, that we would have a short term financial benefit.

This isn't an organisation that's filling me with confidence that they're going to stand up for what I believe is right. Why is that?

Am I wrong? Could be after all, it's all down to opinions.

Do they want The Rangers in the First Division?

I have already written to DDFR on a personal basis. Steps are in hand to take not just our members view but those of any fan who wishes them known to the club in a formal way. There is no trust position on wanting Rangers in the SFL

Are they more concerned with reducing the deficit to Golden Casket?

Or do they not want to upset the chairman by not toeing the party line?

There was at one time a seat on the board at Cappielow for the Trust, just saying.

The rest, Russell, is just unfair and unjustified.

TBH, neither would I Andy. It's one thing knowing deep down that everything is rigged in the favour of the Ugly Sisters and the rest of us are all 'diddy clubs' (or 'minnows' as the succulent lambs in our tabloid press love to call SFL clubs), but it's quite another to have it so blatantly shoved in your face. I'm sure I'll find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

If SPL2 (or whatever it'll be called) can be pushed through in a matter of weeks then it'll be more to do with the power of Sky than the hidden hand of old firm favouritism.

I know I should know but I don't know so could someone who has the ear of dear Douglas please confirm the e-mail address for sending on a love letter ?

Not sure what the etiquette is here therefore would be grateful if the 3R dinasaurs could advise if I start my correspondence with Dear DDRF, Mr Rae, Douglas, Doug, Dougie, Dug, Judas........ ? If all goes well I was thinking of asking him round for afternoon tea to discuss matters.

Lets just hope the majority of chairman see beyond the scraps from the masters table or should that be 40 pieces of silver ?

Archived