Thread About Ex Player - Page 29 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

In the Thistle game that we had to win, 2nd or 3rd last game of season, Simmonds chased back, won the ball and played a peach of a ball through for McAlister to score. Other than scoring the winner against Raith he was pretty ineffective. We were a pretty rubbish squad then though.

In the Thistle game that we had to win, 2nd or 3rd last game of season, Simmonds chased back, won the ball and played a peach of a ball through for McAlister to score. Other than scoring the winner against Raith he was pretty ineffective. We were a pretty rubbish squad then though.

I remember that too, he got MOTM that day. The sun even shines on a dog's ass some days :rolleyes:

pen.jpg

Simmonds played 14 league games for us, scoring one goal.

And that solitary goal saw him take around 4 hours to control a ball at his feet before sticking it away from about six inches in the final seconds to secure a point at home to Raith. :lol:

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just turned the telly on to see ex-Morton striker Jason Walker (sure he's been mentioned on this thread at some point) playing for York at AFC Wimbledon. York currently leading 1-0 having lost 0-1 at home to the same opposition at the weekend and doing my coupon in the process.

And to make matters worse, Craig Burley is in the commentary box. Not criticising the standard of football on show of course as nobody will listen to him criticising two League 2 teams the way they do up here.

Just turned the telly on to see ex-Morton striker Jason Walker (sure he's been mentioned on this thread at some point) playing for York at AFC Wimbledon. York currently leading 1-0 having lost 0-1 at home to the same opposition at the weekend and doing my coupon in the process.

And to make matters worse, Craig Burley is in the commentary box. Not criticising the standard of football on show of course as nobody will listen to him criticising two League 2 teams the way they do up here.

watching it just now, been quite impressed with them

MON EH TON!

• 3 weeks later...
I always thought John Adam had a touch of class and would make it. Shows why I am a fan and not involved with football!

He could hit a great cross.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

So could David MacGregor when he first came into the first team...

That must've slipped my mind unless you mean he could hit a floater straight into the keepers arms. ^_^

Or did you mean his rare cameo's as a winger? :lol:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

That must've slipped my mind unless you mean he could hit a floater straight into the keepers arms. ^_^

Or did you mean his rare cameo's as a winger? :lol:

The only thing I remember of him playing as a winger he broke down the left against Falkirk and put in a great cross for Gavin Redmond to score! :lol: