Let's Get Right Behind The Team - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Let's Get Right Behind The Team

Mr.Blue

I'd rather we stayed up obviously, but I'm struggling to care at the moment. We just played two ( clearly better) teams, but with the motivation of survival - we still couldnt muster a point. Even as a fully paid up happy clapper, I'm pretty disgusted at that. I cant believe I'm feeling so detached from the 'ton at the moment.

I'll dutifully turn up on Saturday and cheer, as per but if it comes to play offs - they can ram them :angry:

Edit to add - I just saw my own sig'............................. how true :lol:

Welcome to the dark side B)

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As always I will fully back the players on the park on Saturday but if we do manage to stay up I certainly won't be applauding their efforts at the end of the game. It will out the ground for me satisfied we haven't headed to oblivion and await the expected cull and Mr Rae to finally come out and cleary detail what the future is for Morton.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

As always I will fully back the players on the park on Saturday but if we do manage to stay up I certainly won't be applauding their efforts at the end of the game. It will out the ground for me satisfied we haven't headed to oblivion and await the expected cull and Mr Rae to finally come out and cleary detail what the future is for Morton.

Agree with that, and the earlier post from TID

Thats exactly how I feel.

They players won't deserve a round of applause. I'll be in The Norseman before that shower are back in the dressing room!! <_>

After tonghts result its simple. We need to beat Ayr on Saturday.

How about for once we all get right behind the players, manager etc and create an atmosphere at scapa that will encourage the team and hopefully bring the 3 points we need to stay in this division.

No need to worry as Ayr will lose on Wed and Airdrie also on Saturday of that I am certain. Saying that I hope we win just to be on the safe side! :unsure:

As some others above have said I can't see that the fans will unduly influence anything that happens on Saturday. It's in the players and managers hands and it's up to them to secure a tiny bit pride from an otherwise shameful season.

Whatever happens I would hope that we will be seeing the last of some of the perennial underachieving conmen who have become the norm at Cappielow over recent years. That in itself would be worth a cheer.

I agree with that. We do have a core of decent players, but we need a full squad of decent players. So why have we signed so much dross over the last ten seasons? I include Simmonds in that, but other than him, Grady's signings have mainly been reasonably good. i think grady could become a good manager, but that takes time - he needs a decent experienced assistant to guide him and I don't think McManus is that person.

We've been having this same conversation for the last three seasons about the relative merits of the squad.

Consistancy has been our biggest downfall this season.

Bollocks. We've lost 21 out of 35 league games, which is consistent enough if you ask me.

The biggest downfall was cutting corners when we needed a proven manager, bringing in a rookie as our second choice.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

here we go again 3 seasons in the ist Div and no improvement what so ever where the blame lies is easy to see.

D.Rae back the manager not the players let him do as he wants not what you want !!!!!! as look where we are

same old. As for Mr Grady I would keep him and get him some help from a old head .I will be there on sat but only to see us win and not glorify a shower of s***e . :ph34r: then straight home to watch what happens next

should i stay or should i go

[MADNESS IS ALL IN THE MIND

What old head is going to want to come in and "help" Grady, exactly?

Why can't we get either the old head by himself, or a young manager who's displayed a hint of tactical awareness? Why do we need to essentially turn the manager's job into a work experience gig?

EOho8Pw.png

Bollocks. We've lost 21 out of 35 league games, which is consistent enough if you ask me.

The biggest downfall was cutting corners when we needed a proven manager, bringing in a rookie as our second choice.

We've played in fits and starts. At various times this season we have been the best team and not come away with the best result.

With Morton, you don't know what team is going to turn up on the day, that's what I mean with lack of consistancy.

We can be good on our day or absolute pish.

I'm not in the "experienced manager" camp. Too many managers of experience have been pish and it doesn't guarentee you results on the park.

I personally would have Grady in charge next season, but that doesn't mean he should be there no matter what. If there is a decent manager available then we should go for him. But I'm not one that continually says we need an experienced manager brought in no matter who it is.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

At this stage i honestly couldn't care about whether we are relegated or not. Do i get any more excited about playing Dundee than i did about playing Alloa? absolutely not.

We are a diddy team and sometimes i think i'd rather be a winning diddy team than a losing one.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

wonderful gallows humour

will someone shoot that fucking snake?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Wtf does it mean, then?

It means if there is an outstanding candidate for the managers job available then we should go and get him, if not, give Grady the job for a season.

What it doesn't mean is we go for some has been manager who's been at various clubs just so we can say we now have an experienced manager in place!

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

It means if there is an outstanding candidate for the managers job available then we should go and get him, if not, give Grady the job for a season.

What it doesn't mean is we go for some has been manager who's been at various clubs just so we can say we now have an experienced manager in place!

Jocky Scott, anybody.......??

Let's hope not!

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

After tonghts result its simple. We need to beat Ayr on Saturday.

How about for once we all get right behind the players, manager etc and create an atmosphere at scapa that will encourage the team and hopefully bring the 3 points we need to stay in this division.

Correct, couldn't agree more.

Please don't get on players backs for next to nothing, lets support OUR team right from the start.

Archived