Let's Get Right Behind The Team - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Let's Get Right Behind The Team

Mr.Blue

Couldn't give a turd about sat now to tell you the truth. We don't deserve to stay up after those 2 results, its a relegation battle encase any of you forgot. A 4-1 lose and a 2-1 lose in our most vital games is just a laughing stock if you ask me.

As for keeping Grady, how anyone can think he is doing well is beyond me. Lucky if theres 2k at cappielow on sat, all i can say is good luck to Ayr and Airdrie as we have brung all this on and is our own fault :rolleyes: ....

Wonder if the stand will still be built if we go down Mr Rae ?????????????????????????????????????

Bagolaffs, you :lol:

I do agree that the past two results , against teams with little to motivate them (compared to our alleged battle for survival) are really pathetic.

Show Racism the Red Card

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we get a good crowd and that Ayr are well backed to stir the shed into action. Mon the fuckin Ton.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Guest TorontoMortonFan
You being far from home must give a sense of hopelesness in the meaning of vocal terracing support but that don't mean you love your team any less or hurtin any less at our poor position of late hopfully you will get your desire come Saturday

well said Bawheid. It`s very hard supporting a team with very little coverage over here and all I get is info off sites like this. Every Saturday (morning over here) I watch the ticker to see how the Ton are getting on. I have every kit from the last 25 years and pay extortion prices on shipping and taxes. I drive around with MORTONFC plates and get a lot of stick from the OF crowd, but I don`t care. I even have a Morton tattoo on my calf that I get stick for. That`s why when i come back I don`t care what division we are in. Last I was back we were in the 2nd Division. Hell, I even went to a reserve match at Cappielow on a miserable evening with a handful of others. I look forward to seeing Morton home and away when I`m back in October.

Sadly I dont think we'll see Premier League football for a LONG time, if ever at Cappielow again.

Muz I know how you are feeling tonight we all feel the same way but on a good season with mortons potential support we will turn that corner eventualy we have to believe that or what's the point come on chin up muz one thing I'll say that's not s***te for a change is Muz is a passionate Morton fan whom I know because of tonights result in particular will have a s*** day tommorrow but like any dedicated fan of a club out with the old firm he will not throw the dmy out the pram but dust himself down and look forward to the next game becacause that's what's special about clubs like our own is alway expect the unexpected and take nothing for granted

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

will be taking a holiday for this game, even though ive yet to see Morton score a goal this season so will be single handedly responsible for relegating us.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

will be taking a holiday for this game, even though ive yet to see Morton score a goal this season so will be single handedly responsible for relegating us.

And if I see you out that night I will boot your testicles into your intestines and you can shite them out on Sunday.

Isn't biology fun? :)

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Another sycophantic "lets all support the team" thread. Almost as nauseating as one of Dougie's rallying talks. Of course those there will support the team but if they get relegated they deserve a good booing as the football has been turgid from start to finish this season with over paid underachievers. If we stay up it will be a huge cheer, a sigh of relief and wave ta-ta to half of this useless squad and management.

We have had numerous chances to make ourselves safe in the last five weeks but have failed to capitalise on any of them and now find ourselves potentially needing all 3 points to avoid relegation.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I'm still not buying this idea that the squad is terrible. They are badly drilled and there is a professionalism deficit, sure, but we have a core of good players at Morton. Players who would respond well to a manager with a clue.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm still not buying this idea that the squad is terrible. They are badly drilled and there is a professionalism deficit, sure, but we have a core of good players at Morton. Players who would respond well to a manager with a clue.

I agree with that. We do have a core of decent players, but we need a full squad of decent players. So why have we signed so much dross over the last ten seasons? I include Simmonds in that, but other than him, Grady's signings have mainly been reasonably good. i think grady could become a good manager, but that takes time - he needs a decent experienced assistant to guide him and I don't think McManus is that person.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Guest se65an

Can't believe we are in 'another' relegation battle for the last game yet again.

Finger points straight at one person IMO. Dougie

After tonghts result its simple. We need to beat Ayr on Saturday.

How about for once we all get right behind the players, manager etc and create an atmosphere at scapa that will encourage the team and hopefully bring the 3 points we need to stay in this division.

I seem to remember we took aa huge support to firhill to seasons ago when we were fightin to stay up. We humped thum 3-0nlets hope we have as good an atmosphere as back then

I genuinely despair sometimes. These overpaid charlatans fanny around all season, and are being led by two men with absolutely zero managerial smarts or credentials, yet once again it comes down to the whole "if the fans could only get behind the team" line that gets trotted out at depressingly frequent intervals to try and mask a malaise that's permeated the club since Rae refused to back Cowboy against the dressing room - deciding instead that he knew best - and appointing managers who sucked hind tit to him in all matters.

Just once, just fúcking once - how about the TEAM GOT BEHIND THE FANS ?

Show some passion by training more than a couple of hours a day for their full time job, putting themselves about a bit when it matters on a Saturday, and realising that the vast majority of the "abuse" that they go running to to Uncle Dougie to complain about is coming from people who are not only helping to pay their wages, but have a love for a club that these guys will never beging to understand.

For the record I pray we stay up, but I have to confess to not being wholly bothered - cos as has been mentioned - we brought all of this shíte upon ourselves.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

My biggest fear is that these 'overpaid underachievers' won't give a monkey's about what league Morton will be in next year since they know they won't be playing here. Will the players at Ayr have the same complacency?

I'm bricking it about Saturday now.

onsP5NR.jpg

My biggest fear is that these 'overpaid underachievers' won't give a monkey's about what league Morton will be in next year since they know they won't be playing here. Will the players at Ayr have the same complacency?

I'm bricking it about Saturday now.

I'm sure that I read somewhere on here that several of the squad, some of them first team regulars, have already been told that they'll be offski in the summer. Would you work your arse off for an employer that you knew were going to dump you on the dole in a few weeks?

Consistancy has been our biggest downfall this season. Individually we have good players and sometimes they play as a unit and look like a good team.

But, playing as a team is not happening when we need it and on a regular basis. I also think we lack real workers in the team.

I was so impressed with Ross County when they last came to Cappielow as they simply refused to be beaten. They fought for everything and had self belief they could get something from the game. That's why they are were they are I suppose.

As for Morton, if we get beaten and get relegated I wouldn't offer a single player a new contract. Controversial I know, but I would rather start with the slate clean in the 2nd division.

I still believe Grady has the makings of a decent manager, but I would like to see an old head beside him in the dug-out. Not because McManus is a poor coach, but just to give Grady the benefit of some experience, even if it was only a short term appointment for a season.

Going into the 2nd would be an utter disaster for Morton. And I find it a disgrace we are in this position given the players we have signed and wages they have been given.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I'd rather we stayed up obviously, but I'm struggling to care at the moment. We just played two ( clearly better) teams, but with the motivation of survival - we still couldnt muster a point. Even as a fully paid up happy clapper, I'm pretty disgusted at that. I cant believe I'm feeling so detached from the 'ton at the moment.

I'll dutifully turn up on Saturday and cheer, as per but if it comes to play offs - they can ram them :angry:

Edit to add - I just saw my own sig'............................. how true :lol:

Show Racism the Red Card

Archived