Let's Get Right Behind The Team - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Let's Get Right Behind The Team

Mr.Blue

Another sycophantic "lets all support the team" thread. Almost as nauseating as one of Dougie's rallying talks. Of course those there will support the team but if they get relegated they deserve a good booing as the football has been turgid from start to finish this season with over paid underachievers. If we stay up it will be a huge cheer, a sigh of relief and wave ta-ta to half of this useless squad and management.

We have had numerous chances to make ourselves safe in the last five weeks but have failed to capitalise on any of them and now find ourselves potentially needing all 3 points to avoid relegation.

Sycophantic? Very good.

I apologise for wanting my team to stay in the 1st division and trying to rally some support up. Fud

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why wait until the last game of the season ? Get dougie and grady to make a banner, fud.

:blink: What makes you think he did??

And cowshedwarrior's yer man if you really want a banner.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Correct, couldn't agree more.

Please don't get on players backs for next to nothing, lets support OUR team right from the start.

Agreed 100%, although if we lose then they will deservedly get booed of the park at the end. But for the 90 mins at least, we need to get behind the team.

Mon the Ton

As for Morton, if we get beaten and get relegated I wouldn't offer a single player a new contract. Controversial I know, but I would rather start with the slate clean in the 2nd division.

I still believe Grady has the makings of a decent manager, but I would like to see an old head beside him in the dug-out. Not because McManus is a poor coach, but just to give Grady the benefit of some experience, even if it was only a short term appointment for a season.

So you want to get rid of all the players who've relegated us for the sake of a clean slate, but then keep the manager who's relegated us, meaning it isn't a clean slate at all?

Jocky Scott, anybody.......??

Let's hope not!

Wha's in cherge here?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

So you want to get rid of all the players who've relegated us for the sake of a clean slate, but then keep the manager who's relegated us, meaning it isn't a clean slate at all?

Aye, that's about the size of it. I wouldn't give any player an extended contract if we go down.

As for Grady, I'm of the opinion he could do a good job for Morton. I have seen enough to indicate that he has made a difference to the team in the way they play and the personnel he has brought in.

But as stated elsewhere, if there is another managerial candidate who is available at the end of season then he should be considered for the job.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I'm sure that I read somewhere on here that several of the squad, some of them first team regulars, have already been told that they'll be offski in the summer. Would you work your arse off for an employer that you knew were going to dump you on the dole in a few weeks?

I spoke to David McGrergor last week he said none of the players will know anything about who will be getting released until after the season is finished.

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Apr 28 2010, 06:09 AM) 737017[/snapback]
    I spoke to David McGrergor last week he said none of the players will know anything about who will be getting released until after the season is finished.

That certainly matches what we were told at the AGM. Mr Rae said that something like 10 players were out of contract and it was likely that only as much as three of them would be offered anything before the end of the season. Peter is obviously 1, I assume something's been offered to McAllister who's said no thanks.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Sycophantic? Very good.

I apologise for wanting my team to stay in the 1st division and trying to rally some support up. Fud

Ok, juvenile insults aside, I too want Morton to stay in the 1st division but all this phoney lets back the team rubbish comes up every so often from the happy clappy brigade. The team have never once played for the fans and anyone who thinks they have is deluded. They play for themselves, their boss and their pay cheque. Sure they'll get support on Saturday and certainly no-one on the terraces under estimates the importance of the game but I fear the same can't be said for some of the playing staff. I'm hoping though they prove their guile and give us all a performance and result to really cheer about.

They play for themselves, their boss and their pay cheque.

It's sad, but it's true. It's the same with almost every professional player. They play for themselves, and the money, first and foremost; sure most enjoy what they do but the old days of playing for your local team, the team that you support, and "playing for the jersey" are long gone. A bit less so at our level and below maybe, where there's less money and fewer imports, but still pretty much the case.

It's the fans who support the team, rarely the players; they're just like us when it comes to our jobs - if there's a better one on offer they'll take it and loyalty suddenly doesn't mean very much at all. And they'll have a fairly good idea of who is likely to still be at Scapa after the dust settles - and who won't be.

We can only hope that ther professional pride - and the chance of a win bonus - keeps them focussed on Saturday.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

We can only hope that ther professional pride - and the chance of a win bonus - keeps them focussed on Saturday.

Yeah....that's the sad truth about it all, how many of the Morton players even care if we win on Saturday? when you know you are leaving a job you hardly put in 100% so if we do get beat on Saturday i'll know why.

but Mr Blue is correct.....maybe by creating a great atmosphere on Saturday it may gee up the players whereas if no atmosphere may = lacklustre performance.

BP.

Ok, juvenile insults aside, I too want Morton to stay in the 1st division but all this phoney lets back the team rubbish comes up every so often from the happy clappy brigade. The team have never once played for the fans and anyone who thinks they have is deluded. They play for themselves, their boss and their pay cheque. Sure they'll get support on Saturday and certainly no-one on the terraces under estimates the importance of the game but I fear the same can't be said for some of the playing staff. I'm hoping though they prove their guile and give us all a performance and result to really cheer about.

Only in Scotland would football fans who get behind their team be ridiculed for doing so.

Seriously, is it not "cool" to cheer, sing or even clap anymore? A few weeks ago, in the Sinclair St end, my boy was shouted at and called names by fellow Morton fans for clapping a move . The move probably amounted to nothing but is that really what it is to support the team you choose to follow.

I wish more people thought like Mr Blue and then we might have an atmosphere at Cappielow :(

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Only in Scotland would football fans who get behind their team be ridiculed for doing so.

Seriously, is it not "cool" to cheer, sing or even clap anymore? A few weeks ago, in the Sinclair St end, my boy was shouted at and called names by fellow Morton fans for clapping a move . The move probably amounted to nothing but is that really what it is to support the team you choose to follow.

I wish more people thought like Mr Blue and then we might have an atmosphere at Cappielow :(

Hear hear.

I'll certainly be getting behind the team on Saturday...I can put aside my feelings about certain players and aspects of the club I abhor for 90 mins.

Agreed.

No point in going otherwise.

Hope the boo boys do the same!

I'm sure that I read somewhere on here that several of the squad, some of them first team regulars, have already been told that they'll be offski in the summer. Would you work your arse off for an employer that you knew were going to dump you on the dole in a few weeks?

YES, because it may well show any future employer that you were worth taking a chance on, to not try a leg only shows a lack of profesionalism, pride and self esteem.

(For example an ex colleague coming to the end of a 30 year stint with his former employer took exactly that couldn't give a feck, 'cause I'm chucking it in 6 months anyway attitude and went off sick. He then applies for a job, which he is offered in principal until the new employer discovers his sickness record, the job offer is then withdrawn.

12-18 months down the line it's my turn, I stay at work and do my best 'til the end, the same job offer comes up I apply and am now employed with that employer.)

YES, because it may well show any future employer that you were worth taking a chance on, to not try a leg only shows a lack of profesionalism, pride and self esteem.

(For example an ex colleague coming to the end of a 30 year stint with his former employer took exactly that couldn't give a feck, 'cause I'm chucking it in 6 months anyway attitude and went off sick. He then applies for a job, which he is offered in principal until the new employer discovers his sickness record, the job offer is then withdrawn.

12-18 months down the line it's my turn, I stay at work and do my best 'til the end, the same job offer comes up I apply and am now employed with that employer.)

Plus it's hardly being "dumped on the dole" with Morton. Players agree to play for a club for 2-3 years at a time, then when that period comes to an end both sides have fulfilled their end of the bargain...

EOho8Pw.png

Plus it's hardly being "dumped on the dole" with Morton. Players agree to play for a club for 2-3 years at a time, then when that period comes to an end both sides have fulfilled their end of the bargain...

It also looks a lot better on the CV to say they've stayed in the division than if they've just been part of a team that's been relegated.

Is it actually in storage or is it just lieing on land that Morton/Dougie owns

If it's galvanised steel lying on the ground, how quickly will the club's investment deteriorate ?

Should it not be stored under cover ?

Archived