Holland Vs Scotland - Page 9 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Holland Vs Scotland

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did we really expect anything less ?

before the game, no

but seeing how much NL have been their for the taking, and how easy their goals were, makes it a bit frustrating

also there was nothing wrong with Scotland's "goal"

Cannot believe how crap the atmosphere is

before the game, no

but seeing how much NL have been their for the taking, and how easy their goals were, makes it a bit frustrating

also there was nothing wrong with Scotland's "goal"

Cannot believe how crap the atmosphere is

wouldn't blame the scotland fans for that.

TBH i've lost a lot of enthusiasm for the national team over the last 4 or 5 games, i'll never stop supporting the guys who are wearing the jerseys of course but there is just something missing at the moment.

And your right, a perfectly good goal chopped off for nowt !! :angry: :angry: :angry:

The future just ain't what it used to be

McCormack and Berra have done a nice show for themselves. Especially since I wasn't sure about either being in the team

McCormack did nothing... lost the ball constantly whenever I see him

oh and the atmosphere was crap from the NL fans.... so bad you could hear the players shouting at each other

hahah from BBC (what do these guys get paid for)?

"2137: Full-time Netherlands 3-0 Scotland

You would have to say that Scotland were very much second best, but then again how many people really thought they would take something from this fixture? They must put this result behind them and focus on Wednesday's crucial home match against Ireland."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7966672.stm

McCormack played well and should start up front with big Iwelumo on weds night.

I'd go with

McGregor

Hutton Berra Mcmanus (if fit)Naysmith (only because I cant think of anyone to play left back)

brown Hartley (if fit) Caldwell

Steven Fletcher iwelumo Mccormack

I have said it before and ill say it again. Darren fletcher should be nowhere near the squad. He offers f*** all going forward and continually lets us down defensively. Also feel that its time for Miller and Barry to chuck it

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Why was Gary f***ing Teale playing? <_>

Scott Brown played well, McCormack also did well (considering it was his first start and he was out of position). Too many passengers in the team tonight.

Hutton must start on Wednesday, Teale must not start, and drop Ferguson so that we can play with two wingers and two up front.

Scottish football needs to get rid of burley & butcher, we didn't do too bad with walter smith or alex mcleish in charge did we ?

Ok we didn't qualify but we beat the teams we should beat & scared the s*** out of the big boys.

Except Georgie and Belarus when we needed to beat them. And we got lucky against the big teams, luck we didn't get tonight. We attacked far more in this game than we did in either game against France.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Outclassed totally, by a team that didn't have to get out of first gear.

Think you've just about summed it up perfectly there, yeh Miller should've scored and Caldwells' goal should've stood, but, TBH, we were never really at the races after the first hour.

Guest David Edwards
Outclassed totally, by a team that didn't have to get out of first gear.

Yes, embarrassingly outclassed. We are at least a league below the qualifying sides and do not deserve to progress to the finals. Under Burley we are both gutlesss and witless.

I can't believe I gave up gettin my hole to watch that s***e.

You'll learn pal. Although at your age f*** all would've stood in my way

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

just watching the re-runs of Miller's miss

unbelievable how bad he is at times.. you can maybe take 5 mins on the ball in the SPL but not at International level :(

He was poor in the way he attempted to deal with that opportunity but sometimes people forget this is the same guy who scored against the likes of Germany, Italy (a game in which he ran the whole Italy defence ragged by himself) and Ukraine. As well as against Iceland and two against Norway - both opponents in our current group. I know he can look dreadful at times but on other days he can give defences a torrid time and then pop up with a crucial goal.

McCormack did nothing... lost the ball constantly whenever I see him

oh and the atmosphere was crap from the NL fans.... so bad you could hear the players shouting at each other

He didn't score or make an assist but McCormack was Scotland's best player. He worked hard, got in Van Bronckhorst's face and was Scotland's most threatening player. Particularly in the first half.

Why was Gary f***ing Teale playing? <_>

Scott Brown played well, McCormack also did well (considering it was his first start and he was out of position). Too many passengers in the team tonight.

Hutton must start on Wednesday, Teale must not start, and drop Ferguson so that we can play with two wingers and two up front.

Good question. I liked Teale when he was at Clydebank and Ayr United but he's never international class.

He was poor in the way he attempted to deal with that opportunity but sometimes people forget this is the same guy who scored against the likes of Germany, Italy (a game in which he ran the whole Italy defence ragged by himself) and Ukraine. As well as against Iceland and two against Norway - both opponents in our current group. I know he can look dreadful at times but on other days he can give defences a torrid time and then pop up with a crucial goal.

Agree with that.

I will, however, add that I think Miller is one of those players who is fine when playing on instinct, but give him a moment to think and it all goes wrong.

How many one on ones has he missed at international level? At least his latest miss was a change from blasting the ball straight at the keeper's midriff. :)

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Yes, embarrassingly outclassed. We are at least a league below the qualifying sides and do not deserve to progress to the finals. Under Burley we are both gutlesss and witless.

I don't think we were outclassed, we were fairly comfortable until we started handing out the presents.

Gutless and witless yes, soon as Alexander stood aside to let them take the lead we ran up the white flag.

The next hour was one of the most predictable and inspid Scotland performances I can remember.

As usual there's no plan B with Burley.

Saddest thing is the Dutch didn't have to earn the 3 points.

He didn't score or make an assist but McCormack was Scotland's best player. He worked hard, got in Van Bronckhorst's face and was Scotland's most threatening player. Particularly in the first half.

Good question. I liked Teale when he was at Clydebank and Ayr United but he's never international class.

He's had his moments in the past but I wouldn't have Miller anywhere near a Scotland jersey these days.

Agree with you on McCormack, worked hard and got in about them. One of the few plus points.

Hope Steven Fletcher starts on Wednesday, him and McCormack up front.

I think it's over now for us but 3 points on Wednesday would at least keep it a wee bit interesting. Anything less than a win and the knives'll be out for GB. Maybe rightly so.

Bring on Iceland.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Archived