Holland Vs Scotland - Page 7 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Holland Vs Scotland

I thought Miller was out? I'd switch Morrison for McCormack, put Whittaker at right mid and Fletcher up front. Morrisson is dire.

There's been nothing more stated about Miller being doubtful so I guess he'll make it :).

Morrison has had a cracking season for West Brom at Premiership level, probably their player of the year. He's good enough to be in the starting line up when everyone is fit, let alone now when we have a depleted squad.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

getting quite excited about this game

no idea why... think there is massive potential of a humping... but then that is when scotland are at their most dangerous...

mon e scotland

my prediction 1-1

post your predictions

getting quite excited about this game

no idea why... think there is massive potential of a humping... but then that is when scotland are at their most dangerous...

mon e scotland

my prediction 1-1

post your predictions

I'm worried about this game but at the same time weirdly optimistic ! :unsure:

Maybe i'm drunk, i'll post again nearer kick off.

The future just ain't what it used to be

Line up from BBC:

Scotland team to face the Netherlands (4-5-1): Allan McGregor (Rangers), Graham Alexander (Burnley), Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Gary Teale (Derby County), Scott Brown (Celtic), Barry Ferguson (Rangers), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Ross McCormack (Cardiff City), Kenny Miller (Rangers).

McCormack and Teale bit surprising, thought it would be Morrison plus another. Rest of team as predicted. Thoughts?

Line up from BBC:

Scotland team to face the Netherlands (4-5-1): Allan McGregor (Rangers), Graham Alexander (Burnley), Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Gary Teale (Derby County), Scott Brown (Celtic), Barry Ferguson (Rangers), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Ross McCormack (Cardiff City), Kenny Miller (Rangers).

McCormack and Teale bit surprising, thought it would be Morrison plus another. Rest of team as predicted. Thoughts?

McCormack starting is a bit of a surprise, but he's been on really good goalscoring form for Cardiff. Teale can cause problems if he gets enough of the ball in the wide areas, would have still preferred to see Morrison starting though. Bold line up from Burley...hope it doesn't backfire.

Pleased to see McCormack starting. Not sure about Alexander at full back seen as he's apparently been playing holding midfield most of this season, but as Whittaker's uncapped it's probably best to go with Alexander for this. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Pleased to see McCormack starting. Not sure about Alexander at full back seen as he's apparently been playing holding midfield most of this season, but as Whittaker's uncapped it's probably best to go with Alexander for this. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself.

How does an on fire striker playing left wing "pick itself", with a guy who has barely been able to kick his own arse starting up front instead?? :huh:

How does an on fire striker playing left wing "pick itself", with a guy who has barely been able to kick his own arse starting up front instead?? :huh:

Miller was always going to be starting as the lone striker. I like McCormack, but whenever I've seen him play on his own up front he's been hopeless.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived