Ton Tv - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/teams/24809/player/karl-byrne-2376536/66386

This absolutely mings of Timmins. Same division as Alfreton, of Sam Ramsbottom infamy.

Apparently played four seasons for something called Cabinteely - which frankly sounds made up by the tourist board - in the League of Ireland First Division (their second tier.)

From there, he went on to have one season at Frickley Athletic in tier 8 of the English setup, before ascending the dizzy heights to tier 6 for "The Pilgrims".

He failed to make an impact at the Boston Community Stadium*, having dual registration spells with Grantham Town (tier 7) and Buxton (also tier 7). In March of this year he moved to Bradford Park Avenue, then - as now - bottom of tier 6 in the same league as Boston.

I can't find a record of his making an appearance for Park Avenue, as the season ended pretty much as soon as he joined due to the 'VID - although he did appear against them for Boston at one point. In any case, he seems to have disappeared from the Bradford squad and is now a free agent.

Bet we sign him and I bet he's crap.

*presumably

EOho8Pw.png

21 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/teams/24809/player/karl-byrne-2376536/66386

This absolutely mings of Timmins. Same division as Alfreton, of Sam Ramsbottom infamy.

Apparently played four seasons for something called Cabinteely - which frankly sounds made up by the tourist board - in the League of Ireland First Division (their second tier.)

From there, he went on to have one season at Frickley Athletic in tier 8 of the English setup, before ascending the dizzy heights to tier 6 for "The Pilgrims".

He failed to make an impact at the Boston Community Stadium*, having dual registration spells with Grantham Town (tier 7) and Buxton (also tier 7). In March of this year he moved to Bradford Park Avenue, then - as now - bottom of tier 6 in the same league as Boston.

I can't find a record of his making an appearance for Park Avenue, as the season ended pretty much as soon as he joined due to the 'VID - although he did appear against them for Boston at one point. In any case, he seems to have disappeared from the Bradford squad and is now a free agent.

Bet we sign him and I bet he's crap.

*presumably

Boston, Lincolnshire, population 35,124.

To put it in perspective, that’s 11 times the population of Hemsby!

I know this is really a minor thing and I feel like a total dick for even bringing it up, but the logo on the training video says "TON TV" with a space, and in the tweet just there it's TonTV" without a space.

Is there a space or not?

EOho8Pw.png

35 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I know this is really a minor thing and I feel like a total dick for even bringing it up, but the logo on the training video says "TON TV" with a space, and in the tweet just there it's TonTV" without a space.

Is there a space or not?

I feel ye TRVMP.

1 hour ago, Deego said:

I think it's just a lack of attention to detail.

MCT seem to be heading in that direction with their designs too. Surely between the two of them they could pay a graphic designer for a few templates they could use. 

7 minutes ago, irnbru said:

MCT seem to be heading in that direction with their designs too. Surely between the two of them they could pay a graphic designer for a few templates they could use. 

How many graphic designers did the deceased Trust shell out for your during your sack of Rome-esque 'stewardship'?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 8/25/2020 at 4:32 AM, Chesh said:

I see the first video from Ton TV went live today with a video showing the teams first day back at training.

Good to see some good quality content coming so early.

Decent effort - perhaps we can crowdfund for some microphones so we can here the interviews properly? Bit of music (muzak?) over the training scenes wouldn't go amiss either.

Promising start, 6/10.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

6 hours ago, Renfrew said:

Interesting set up... unmanned and automated cameras

Highly unlikely and I guess we'll see for ourselves when streaming starts, but I live in hope that these will do away with the need for a fucking camera gantry in the middle of the Cowshed ever again.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

Highly unlikely and I guess we'll see for ourselves when streaming starts, but I live in hope that these will do away with the need for a fucking camera gantry in the middle of the Cowshed ever again.

This. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

8 hours ago, irnbru said:

Why would MCT pay for a graphic designer when their remit, for this season at least, is solely to contribute to the first team budget? 

In any event, there are plenty of templates and software to design templates, available for free. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

17 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Why would MCT pay for a graphic designer when their remit, for this season at least, is solely to contribute to the first team budget? 

In any event, there are plenty of templates and software to design templates, available for free. 

I just think there needs to be a more consistent approach to branding from organisations and if they don't have the skills in house then it's not that expensive to get help. MCT and Morton are moving into the transition period so could have shared costs to have a bit of a shared identity or, as you say, there's free templates too so it doesn't even need to be outsourced. 

The reason I mentioned MCT is that the scattergun approach to branding from Morton being discussed here doesn't seem likely to change when they take over - I've seen a few images on Twitter that seems to be based on someone learning photoshop rather than being based on any marketing plan or branding guidelines. 

2 hours ago, irnbru said:

I just think there needs to be a more consistent approach to branding from organisations and if they don't have the skills in house then it's not that expensive to get help. MCT and Morton are moving into the transition period so could have shared costs to have a bit of a shared identity or, as you say, there's free templates too so it doesn't even need to be outsourced. 

The reason I mentioned MCT is that the scattergun approach to branding from Morton being discussed here doesn't seem likely to change when they take over - I've seen a few images on Twitter that seems to be based on someone learning photoshop rather than being based on any marketing plan or branding guidelines. 

So to summarise, you're unhappy that MCT volunteers are not only playing about with templates and designs to find one they like and could potentially use to create branding guidelines after the takeover, but spending their free time learning new skills that could be of use to the club?

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Coming up next on 'Brass Neck TV', Kate and Gerry McCann follow up irnbru's guide to successfully running a fans' organisation with their top ten parenting tips. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived