Championship 19/20 - Page 27 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

If this is the case, it sucks to be that guy, because he can't come out and say "aye the minter message wasn't me, by the way."

If a club official is putting this stuff up it should also go on the official site.

Agreed. Not a great way to treat employees if this is the case.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Not a great way to treat employees if this is the case.

Worst of all, it's taking the shine off an outstanding 2-1 win at Arbroath - a result we'll all still be talking about in a decade's time.

EOho8Pw.png

Honest to god. Celtic literally tried this years ago and were rightly chased for it. Blocking guys that have followed the club for decades for essentially nothing. This club finds new and exciting ways to make a complete arse of itself.

Unbelievable. Fans aren’t allowed to express their opinion now, or only allowed to express an opinion if it ties in with the clubs?

Warren would be firing out letters left, right and centre if that charlatan was still here.

C

@CameronnLongg

·

2h

18 years of following this club through relegations and promotions and spending thousands of £ traveling up and down the length of the country to be blocked because of my tweet expressing my opinion and feelings about the team choice, results and lack of communication. Morton FC.

Copied from Twitter, some of you guys may know him, I've no idea.

They've blocked me, too. And the other guys I know of are Gerry, and boys called Patrick Dolan and Andrew Barnsley.

I replied to the team announcement tweet by saying "I'd pick that team myself (if I was hoping to get sacked and bag a belter of a pay off for the remaining two and a half years of my contract)."

I suppose they can look at it as a personal attack on an employee, but I intended it as a joke. I actually retracted the tweet later last night and congratulated the team and manager on getting the win.

I've since e-mailed the club about it asking to discuss it with Dave McKinnon- being blocked by a Twitter account isn't the end of the world, but when it's Morton's main avenue to communicate with their fans, it poses a few questions.

Do they not want me to receive information as a customer? Does this mean they don't want me as a customer? If so, will they refund me for the rest of my season ticket?

I'm sure the club will get back to me in due course.

Wasn't happy last night so good chance it is him, if not he's probably phoned the hierarchy to see if he can do it

Saw he's used his own twitter to complain about people criticising for being overly positive (which he's entitled to do since his job is basically promoting the club a bit on social media) so I'd say it's more likely to someone else.

If it is someone more senior who's posted anonymously then they've put their staff that rely on that platform in an awkward situation now too.

The club are deservedly taking an absolute hounding for this on Twitter. Fucking abysmal.

The Morton support rarely agree on much but don't think I've saw one person agree with the club on this while fans of other teams are pointing and laughing too. Terrible tweet.

Jean is just a really unpleasant person, from what I've seen on Twitter, the kind of person who's bad for social media and whom social media is bad for.

Anyway Twitter is an inherently destructive and dyssocial platform but I recognize its importance in this, the most current of years. A lot of British football clubs make good use of its, despite its shortcomings. Many don't make good use of it. But clubs actually making things worse for themselves through Twitter seems quite unusual. At least we're pioneers at something, I guess.

EOho8Pw.png

I don't bother with all that twitter nonsense, but it's just another example of the disdain in which the club treats the fans. There's a huge disconnect at the moment, which has manifested from a lack of information in recent weeks/months, to the club now actively disengaging with supporters.

Morton club together? Aye right.

Archived