Player of the Year - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Player of the Year

Voting via the club website is open for both men’s and women’s player and young player of the year, plus goal of the year.

Got to imagine Grimshaw is nailed on for the men’s category. I can’t comment on the women’s category as I’ve not seen them at all. As for young player of the year I’d probably opt for O’Conner.

Who are forum members voting for?

1 hour ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Voting via the club website is open for both men’s and women’s player and young player of the year, plus goal of the year.

Got to imagine Grimshaw is nailed on for the men’s category. I can’t comment on the women’s category as I’ve not seen them at all. As for young player of the year I’d probably opt for O’Conner.

Who are forum members voting for?

Grimshaw poty

O'connor ypoty

Goal of the season was Gillespie against Hamilton 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I voted Baird POTY and McGrattan YPOTY. Think I went for Muirhead vs Partick as GOTY but there wasn't a real standout so could have just as easily chose a few of them. 

Didn't vote for the women as have no knowledge of the team. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Grimshaw POTY. He’s been outstanding. He maybe wasn’t at his best on Saturday but I think we’ll just need to enjoy him whilst he’s here - I’d guess he’ll pick up a Premiership side no bother next season (or a high spending Championship side). 
McGrattan YPOTY - the stats don’t lie!

McGrattan’s goal away at Arbroath is my goal of the season, not a great bunch to pick from to be honest. Had Muirhead’s free kick been 2 inches lower on Saturday that would’ve been the winner :lol: 

I picked Baird POTY, a few odd moments here and there but I think he's come a long way from the player he was previously. I actually think he's a better choice of captain too. 

McGrattan for YPOTY, not much else to be said. I may have went for King but he's another one that's been getting left out. 

Goal of the season, actually a good couple there for various reasons. I went for Muirhead against QotS, a ridiculous goal from an angle he had no right putting away in the near corner. 

Goal of the season was Alex King appropriately rounding off the cup tie against Queens with a superb individual goal. Young PotY has to be Mcgrattan, although I thought Alex King was even better when on the pitch but misses out because his game time was so limited. PotY for me is between Grimshaw & Baird, but a mention for Robbie Crawford who has been particularly good when we’re playing our pressing game. He never stops. Can’t remember if it was QP or Dundee at Cappielow where he seemed to have an afterburner to beat opponents to the ball.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived