ayr v morton - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ayr v morton

beetee

More to do with the fact of being one goal down having managed to win only 1 of the previous 10 games. 

Also, there is only one team that we have managed to score more than one goal in a game against since the beginning of November. Can't remotely blame folk for getting frustrated at being behind again, especially with such a cheap and avoidable goal.

TRUST THE DUFF

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More to do with the fact of being one goal down having managed to win only 1 of the previous 10 games. 

Also, there is only one team that we have managed to score more than one goal in a game against since the beginning of November. Can't remotely blame folk for getting frustrated at being behind again, especially with such a cheap and avoidable goal.

Agreed. I really don't think "not losing" is enough to earn Johansson breathing space at this point.

AWMSC

The manager should absolutely not be given any leeway every time we lose a goal to absolutely calamitous defending, given how often it has happened under his stewardship. 

It happens so often that even on the very rare occasion where we are playing decently in a match we still make it extremely difficult for us to win games.

He can't physically stop Kilday sliding someone from behind in the box with no sight of the ball, Waddell slicing a ball in to his own net or Buchanan being Buchanan, but it's all a by-product of his shambolic reign as manager.

He should be hounded at every possible opportunity until the day he never darkens this club's doorstep again.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Our defence isn't the main problem, it's the lack of goals and creativity. Only 28 scored in 30 games, the worst in the league. Extremely poor.

Our manager pointed out the need for more pace in attacking areas and waited until the final week of the transfer window as he's extremely picky when it comes to signings and only wanted players who would improve us.

Fast forward to April and we've basically played the same team as we did pre signings the whole time since the window shut.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

They were 100% and absolutely there for the taking, but Buchanan losing his man for that dipping cross at the end was criminal and they could easily have scored the winner. Draw probably fairest in light of the fact that we were careless and Ayr were generally hopeless.

Have to say that Gary Oliver looked quite lively but still can't score goals. ZERO this season, including in the cups.

EOho8Pw.png

Have to say that Gary Oliver looked quite lively but still can't score goals. ZERO this season, including in the cups.

He scored the first when we beat Partick 5-1. Obviously not good enough but just pointing out that he has scored.

He scored the first when we beat Partick 5-1. Obviously not good enough but just pointing out that he has scored.

He also scored our goal at Dumbarton in the diddy cup.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Not when its the best weve played in a while and came against the run of play. I want him out as much as the next, but there comes a point where we need to be constructive for the greater good. T

This is pretty much what I think.

Wanting him out and making your views heard is absolutely spot on.

20 odd mins into a game when the team are performing well is totally counterproductive.

Not when its the best weve played in a while and came against the run of play. I want him out as much as the next, but there comes a point where we need to be constructive for the greater good. T

Which is what exactly?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Staying in the league when it is clear that the manager won't be sacked before the end of the season?

What do you think is going to be the plan for next season at this level: beat Brechin's record-low points total by scraping draws with Arbroath? Our league status for next season isn't even remotely the most important thing on our agenda right now. It might be what Iron Man cares about but for the rest of us getting a board that has a credible plan and sense of direction, tied with a manager who isn't a useless and gutless s***ebag to play ambitious football for a change are what we actually need to secure right now. 

If Morton somehow went down from this position then I'd treat it with complete indifference. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What do you think is going to be the plan for next season at this level: beat Brechin's record-low points total by scraping draws with Arbroath? Our league status for next season isn't even remotely the most important thing on our agenda right now. It might be what Iron Man cares about but for the rest of us getting a board that has a credible plan and sense of direction, tied with a manager who isn't a useless and gutless s***ebag to play ambitious football for a change are what we actually need to secure right now. 

If Morton somehow went down from this position then I'd treat it with complete indifference. 

bravo lol

So you don't think staying in this league is important then?

Are you coming from a position that we need to bottom out before real change will take place?

That scenario scares the bejeesus out of me.

I would rather not get relegated.

A number of the scenarios are what ifs and mibbys.

Archived