Johansson's Future - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

I don't mind admitting that I was hoodwinked by Crawford and thought he was - this time - sincere. Then again, maybe he was, and developments since then have changed his mind. But it's clear that in the space of six months he's gone from at least putting on the appearance of enthusiasm to no longer caring, so the end result is that we're as rudderless as we were this time last season.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind admitting that I was hoodwinked by Crawford and thought he was - this time - sincere. Then again, maybe he was, and developments since then have changed his mind. But it's clear that in the space of six months he's gone from at least putting on the appearance of enthusiasm to no longer caring, so the end result is that we're as rudderless as we were this time last season.

I think he was hoping that this season would go well then he could decide on what happened next in the summer, and in fairness had McKinnon not fucked off then it's entirely possible/probable that this would have been a decent enough year for us. It'd be harsh not to acknowledge that losing the manager the way we did flung a spanner in the works, but nonetheless if you have the genuine ambition and desire to achieve what you promised then ultimately it's how you deal with set-backs that will define your success and the signs aren't good.

The fact that we haven't heard a peep from him in months tells us a lot. If he wants to be taken seriously and not viewed as a total chancer then Johansson must be dismissed with a strong statement reinforcing his determination to deliver on his promise. At the very least, the dreaded vote of confidence on Monday would give the impression that he still has the slightest interest.

AWMSC

I was one of the mugs who bought into Crawford’s plan and bought my first season ticket in 8 years. The start of the season filled with with optimism- left cappielow after the first home win vs county buzzing thinking promotion playoffs at least on the horizon - left east fife game thinking playoffs at least on the horizon... this time though the relegation playoffs... DEPRESSING

Bit depressing watching Livingston compete fine with Hearts at Tynecastle. A smaller club that were in complete turmoil only a few seasons ago achieving more than we have in 30 years. It isn’t that difficult to do with the right personnel, of which we have none.

Worth noting they got promoted with the smallest budget of the full-time sides in this division, then when their manager left and they replaced him with a first time manager they were ruthless enough to get rid after only seven games when they weren’t convinced by his start to the job. They gave absolutely no ***** about the inevitable wailing in the media which followed about how they’re a shambles and embarrassment for doing that, and they’ve gone on to have an excellent season as a result.

There are big lessons for Morton there. We can worry about the the likes of Sportsound and SSB criticising the club for daring to punish their mates for underperformance, or we can be ruthless, get rid of an obviously out of depth manager now while the season can still be salvaged and give ourselves a chance of making the playoffs. The rampant tolerance of failure at this club has to stop and getting just one managerial appointment right can change so much.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I think he was hoping that this season would go well then he could decide on what happened next in the summer, and in fairness had McKinnon not ****ed off then it's entirely possible/probable that this would have been a decent enough year for us. It'd be harsh not to acknowledge that losing the manager the way we did flung a spanner in the works, but nonetheless if you have the genuine ambition and desire to achieve what you promised then ultimately it's how you deal with set-backs that will define your success and the signs aren't good.

The fact that we haven't heard a peep from him in months tells us a lot. If he wants to be taken seriously and not viewed as a total chancer then Johansson must be dismissed with a strong statement reinforcing his determination to deliver on his promise. At the very least, the dreaded vote of confidence on Monday would give the impression that he still has the slightest interest.

Agree with this, I don't blame him at all for being deflated and discouraged but if he wants to take the club forward he needs to get over it and put his money where his mouth is.

If he doesn't want that...

EOho8Pw.png

Worth noting they got promoted with the smallest budget of the full-time sides in this division, then when their manager left and they replaced him with a first time manager they were ruthless enough to get rid after only seven games when they weren’t convinced by his start to the job. They gave absolutely no ***** about the inevitable wailing in the media which followed about how they’re a shambles and embarrassment for doing that, and they’ve gone on to have an excellent season as a result.

There are big lessons for Morton there. We can worry about the the likes of Sportsound and SSB criticising the club for daring to punish their mates for underperformance, or we can be ruthless, get rid of an obviously out of depth manager now while the season can still be salvaged and give ourselves a chance of making the playoffs. The rampant tolerance of failure at this club has to stop and getting just one managerial appointment right can change so much.

you can take off yer dog coller now an tell me what tbh is

Same

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I'd go with McAlister, Buchanan, Waddell and Iredale. Kilday could fill one of the centre back positions but had been very erratic from game to game. To be honest none of our centre backs has been consistently good which is one of our most pressing problems. I'd have O'Ware or Lamie back in a flash (preferably both).

I think Waddell struggles in a flat 4 unfortunately..McAlister in back line is a good shout..Was not at game yesterday but I take it Dykes has made a good start?

Fk me, missed him saying that but clocked him slipping in that the budget is spent at the end.

If we are only capable of the squad we have and gambled on the snake getting us towards the 3 yr plan with it, it does become apparent that hawke and Crawford are total snake oil salesmen.

JJ has said we have no money even though we have released players. Why the fk are we full time then?!!

What the fk is Hawke doing apart from paving the way for his own career in football administration which he is clearly sh1te at?

Utter shambles of a club.

We've released nobody who would free up much money for the first team budget, only absolute ringers. The club doesn't have any extra income because its first team managers have managed to get us put out of every cup competition at a ridiculously early stage. Those are the facts of the situation for this season. 

So much for TTGJ 'taking full responsibility' for results caused entirely by his failure to organise the defending of basic set-pieces, his failure to to install anything even remotely resembling a coherent attacking plan and his weekly failure to make the required subs and tactical changes until we have already conceded the predictable, incoming goal. It didn't take long for him start deflecting from that and open up the usual and pointless 'board v manager' finger-pointing discussion instead.

He is an absolute fraud of a manager. He must go before we sort anything else that is wrong with this club. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The more I think about it the more annoyed I am that he's deflecting blame onto a board that entrusted him with TWO seasons in charge. Not to totally absolve the BoD but what a slap in the face. If JJ felt the budgetary situation was unreasonable why the hell did he sign?

EOho8Pw.png

We've released nobody who would free up much money for the first team budget, only absolute ringers. The club doesn't have any extra income because its first team managers have managed to get us put out of every cup competition at a ridiculously early stage. Those are the facts of the situation for this season. 

So much for TTGJ 'taking full responsibility' for results caused entirely by his failure to organise the defending of basic set-pieces, his failure to to install anything even remotely resembling a coherent attacking plan and his weekly failure to make the required subs and tactical changes until we have already conceded the predictable, incoming goal. It didn't take long for him start deflecting from that and open up the usual and pointless 'board v manager' finger-pointing discussion.

He is an absolute fraud of a manager. He must go before we sort anything else that is wrong with this club

You've got that back to front mate. You don't redecorate before you've fixed the leaky roof.

Shite analogy, try again. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He says he’s been told to trim the squad, save money and use the remainder to strengthen in the window?

Am I actually hearing this right?! Fucking disgraceful. 3 year plan is out the window now eh. Get the chancers to fuck!

Archived