Q&a With Warren Hawke - Page 41 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Q&a With Warren Hawke

See the other thing. When we go to grounds, we don't get 3 options of where we sit/stand.

Sticking them in the WDE in the pissing rain - although comical - is just stupid.

300 > merits the shed being open to away fans. That should be the only option. Failing that, the main stand.

Why don't we use the section at F of the main stand? Surely not just for segregation? There's about 150 seats. Add that to the gaps in the area the Falkirk fans were using in the Main Stand and there'd have been no need for the WDE - they'd all have got in stand.

The home end of the Stand is never full anyway, surely we could condense it more and allocate a bit more to the away section.

image.jpg

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made a profit last season for the first time in years due to upward trajectory and a degree of success on the pitch.

Continue that and fan buy in will increase. Then continue to make themselves more commercially savvy off the field and we would be in a far better place.

It was absolutely NOT the right time to switch to a cost cutting model.

This

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

We made a profit last season for the first time in years due to upward trajectory and a degree of success on the pitch.

Continue that and fan buy in will increase. Then continue to make themselves more commercially savvy off the field and we would be in a far better place.

This

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I beg to differ. Putting away supporters in the Cowshed is a big no-no as far as I'm concerned. The few times that I've been in the Cowshed with away supporters in there, the Morton support seemed to be outsung by the 200 or so yokels who made the trip.

Put them in the corner of the main stand, or let them get soaked.

That's because our support is pish. You only have to look at when we travel to paisley and folk do nothing but sit on their hands for 90 mins.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Incorrect. Unless you're talking about the 2017 accounts which - to my knowledge - have not been finalised then the accounts to May 2016 showed an operating loss of £274,833 (2015: £328,934). The reason an overall profit on ordinary activities was achieved was purely due to the Raes writing off £515,516 of the overall loan owed to GC.

Revenue rose by £491k but admin and playing Expenses rose by £437k on the prior year.

TRUST THE DUFF

Incorrect. Unless you're talking about the 2017 accounts which - to my knowledge - have not been finalised then the accounts to May 2016 showed an operating loss of £274,833 (2015: £328,934). The reason an overall profit on ordinary activities was achieved was purely due to the Raes writing off £515,516 of the overall loan owed to GC.

Revenue rose by £491k but admin and playing Expenses rose by £437k on the prior year.

Think he was talking about the 2017 numbers as Hawke said at the Q&A  we made a profit for the first time in years.

2017. Hawke said we made a profit.

We’re leaking goals

We have the best defensive record in the division. 

Can see the headlines already: “Shankland sinks Morton in the play-off final”.

No you really can't, as that would require Ayr United not folding like a Ukrainian manufactured deckchair when faced with a big match. 

We can hound the club from top to bottom for its lack of ambition and progress, without needing to pretend or knicker-wet that they are going to bring about relegation this season. That's not happening. That's also not the issue. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Unfortunately there's far too many within the support who are happy to accept this level of performance every week  so I doubt there'd be enough people willing to stop going that would make an impact. I get a season ticket every year but regret it this season. I've already cancelled plans for the next two games away at Dunfermline and Dundee Utd as I can't be ****** paying any more money to watch this shite every week, which is the first time I've decided not to go to a game through choice.

Will they though? Attendances have dropped recently and all they seem to do is blame those fans rather than trying to establish the problem..

The average home attendance this season is 2222; last season it was 2362. That drop could be accounted for by hosting Inverness instead of Hibs in the league, as well as diddies like Livingston and Brechin bringing their lone charabanc to Cappielow. Which is why the club's wilingness to Blame Someone Else - Morton fans in this case - is particularly grating. Home crowds have in fact been remarkably resilient: not least considering the turnstiles fiasco and a huge price hike being imposed as well. 

I suspect that Saturday's gormless team selection, turgid football, crap result and no sign of ambition or credible standards from the club hierarchy will prove the last straw for many this season though. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

See the other thing. When we go to grounds, we don't get 3 options of where we sit/stand.

Sticking them in the WDE in the pissing rain - although comical - is just stupid.

300 > merits the shed being open to away fans. That should be the only option. Failing that, the main stand.

Some people forget that our own fans are standing in the pishing rain in the Sinclair st end (albeit it’s their choice when they could stand in the cowshed). If, and it’s a big if, we eventually put the roof up it should be a split between home and away fans apart from when bigger clubs visit.

Had to laugh also that there were still signs up in the cowshed saying Sinclair st was still open, what does our ‘stadium director’ actually do?

Archived