Greenock Juniors - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock Juniors

TheGoon

Being able to have a beer at Cappielow - or any ground - would make the experience better and would maybe encourage the people that sit in watching SSN to come along.

Is it just me that thinks sitting in watching scores come in is a bit pish?

Fuck standing at a freezing cold Cappielow in the middle of the winter and drinking a pint of TL out of a plastic cup.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a load of selective s***e being posted on here. Football is for playing not just watching or using as an excuse to hide in your bedroom from the the female sex by staying in at weekends and posting drivel VT. Greenock Juniors played at Hampden in the Scottish Junior Cup final in the early 60s when the attendance was certainly bigger than last Sunday's with at least 10,000 from Greenock there.

Even in these days of development squads Junior Football could still be a stepping stone and provide opportunities for Greenock footballers.

There are plenty of "opportunities for Greenock footballers" in the amateur and pub leagues. Junior football outfits only thrive however where credible senior football clubs are lacking in the area. The Famous utterly dominate sport in Greater Greenock though, so the Junior team has arrived at its inevitable, terminal fate.

Thanks for playing anyway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There are plenty of "opportunities for Greenock footballers" in the amateur and pub leagues. Junior football outfits only thrive however where credible senior football clubs are lacking in the area. The Famous utterly dominate sport in Greater Greenock though, so the Junior team has arrived at its inevitable, terminal fate.

Thanks for playing anyway.

You forgot to mention the Subbuteo pitch in your bedroom which is probably the nearest you ever get to actually playing football.

You forgot to mention the Subbuteo pitch in your bedroom which is probably the nearest you ever get to actually playing football.

Erm, VikingTon was actually a very gifted striker and could have played at senior level if Academia hadn't already lured him.

*insert signature here*

Get these filthy rangers photos to f''k.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Now let me guess, Redward.  Bearing in mind you're already an expert in insolvency law, foreign politics and are a big shot at Endemol along with being an Arsenal executive box holder I assume you've played football at a high level; I'm thinking AT LEAST Sunday league.  Amarite? 

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Now let me guess, Redward.  Bearing in mind you're already an expert in insolvency law, foreign politics and are a big shot at Endemol along with being an Arsenal executive box holder I assume you've played football at a high level; I'm thinking AT LEAST Sunday league.  Amarite?

Not quite Boab, I actually played for Greenock Juniors until I moved to England. Got paid expenses for it as well as being more or less forced to drink a tot of whisky before going out for the match warm up. I suppose your current career choice was based on the fact that it gave you a once in a lifetime opportunity to be seen outside in shorts.

Not quite Boab, I actually played for Greenock Juniors until I moved to England. Got paid expenses for it as well as being more or less forced to drink a tot of whisky before going out for the match warm up. I suppose your current career choice was based on the fact that it gave you a once in a lifetime opportunity to be seen outside in shorts.

Not at all, Red. My current career choice was forced upon me by redundancy. A job that I enjoy immensely you'll be pleased to know. With your track record on here I take it playing junior actually meant a game of wally with a few mates?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Not at all, Red. My current career choice was forced upon me by redundancy. A job that I enjoy immensely you'll be pleased to know. With your track record on here I take it playing junior actually meant a game of wally with a few mates?

I'm calling bullshit on that theory.

Archived