Greenock Juniors - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock Juniors

TheGoon

Originally posted in another topic, but someone suggested I start a thread. Greenock Juniors are about to go under. I know very little about the situation other than they're supposedly in debt and could cease to exist very soon. They helped us out when we were in difficulty, would we be willing to do the same? I'd certainly chuck a few quid in a bucket at Cappielow if we had them.

Anyone know anything more about the situation?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of interest as I missed that whole period, what did they actually do to help us out?

There was a cheque presented to Save The Ton. Sure it was a modest amount (£100 or something), but it was presented/announced at a fans' meeting with the administrators.

Are they amateur? Either way, you need to have money for player expenses, equipment, travel etc. at all levels of Junior football.

I don't really care about the Juniors but I used to occasionally watch Greenock or the Port at midweek games at Ravenscraig and would rather not see them go under.

EOho8Pw.png

Are they amateur? Either way, you need to have money for player expenses, equipment, travel etc. at all levels of Junior football.

I don't really care about the Juniors but I used to occasionally watch Greenock or the Port at midweek games at Ravenscraig and would rather not see them go under.

Nah, players like them should play for the Jersey and for the fun of it. Not for expenses. They should pay for their own bus fares.

*insert signature here*

no matter how much they put in when we were in dire straits it helped..........we should do the same for them.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

If they are in serious trouble we should be helping them out whether they helped us out or not

I don't know the ins and outs of why they're in financial trouble, but getting into financial difficulty doesn't automatically entitle a club to the sympathy of others and doesn't entitle them to any help from anyone, as a high profile case five years ago showed us.

I'd like to think a lot will after the goodwill Greenock Juniors showed Morton, but the onus on others to help out struggling clubs is not as black and white as you suggest.

I don't know the ins and outs of why they're in financial trouble, but getting into financial difficulty doesn't automatically entitle a club to the sympathy of others and doesn't entitle them to any help from anyone, as a high profile case five years ago showed us.

I'd like to think a lot will after the goodwill Greenock Juniors showed Morton, but the onus on others to help out struggling clubs is not as black and white as you suggest.

I'm not talking about helping random clubs out of the goodness of our heart. There are clubs in Scotland i would not give a penny of my own money to, but a football club from Greenock that's been a part of the town for over 60 years deserves some help from fellow Greenock football fans in my opinion. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'm not talking about helping random clubs out of the goodness of our heart. There are clubs in Scotland i would not give a penny of my own money to, but a football club from Greenock that's been a part of the town for over 60 years deserves some help from fellow Greenock football fans in my opinion. 

What's the reason for their financial difficulties?

There can be only one club in Greater Greenock.

The Port can go next (both the pointless, nothing club and the pointless, nothing town).

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived