Ton's Promotion Chances After This Season? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton's Promotion Chances After This Season?

Trick37

Just curious to see what everyone's chances are for the Ton's promotion chances at the end of this year?

Also, if the Ton DOES get promoted, what has to be done to Cappielow to make it "SPL-compliant"?

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." ---Unknown

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

I don't think we will go up this year. Obviously a lot of it is down to luck, but it's very difficult for the teams finishing 3rd/4th (which we'll obviously be aiming for.) I have no worries about us turning over a gubbins outfit like Hamilton or Kilmarnock again. However, us potentially having to go through 4 games, two of which would be against Hibs or Dundee United before facing them would make things a lot more difficult. As evidenced by Falkirk last year who just ran out of steam at the final hurdle.

Making the playoffs, getting a bit of experience in the games we do play, making a bit of momey which can be reinvested in the squad over the summer (wishful thinking I know) then attempting to go for 2nd next year should be our aim. That'd obviously involve keeping most of our squad and adding to it, which is a lot easier said than done.

Obviously I'd be delighted to see us go up, but it likely won't happen this season and that's fine. Cappielow, and the overall infrastructure at the club still need a lot of work before we can set our sights on becoming an established, or even yo-yo Premiership team, as Warren Hawke alluded to on Alba.

So in short, getting 3rd/4th would be a great achievement this season. Bank, then reinvest as much as we can without losing too many players, and go again next season. With the club hopefully continuing to make headway on the commercial and community fronts at the same time.

And to answer the second question, the 6k rule was done away with long ago, Cappielow is Premiership-compliant and in fact would be even if certain sections of the ground were closed. Whether or not it'd be desirable to enter the top flight with the ground in the current condition is another matter, but there is no chance of our being denied promotion based on the current state of Cappielow.

Sir Gavin of Gunning, OBE, PBUH, if He chooses to stay will surely bullet a header past Scott Bain in the playoff final to lead us back to our natural place in Scottish football.

EOho8Pw.png

Just curious to see what everyone's chances are for the Ton's promotion chances at the end of this year?

Also, if the Ton DOES get promoted, what has to be done to Cappielow to make it "SPL-compliant"?

Hey, sweetness!!!  

Never mind yo' ass about Morton.  Get mine filled with your dirty water!!! 

I'll pump your ass full of my own little soldiers!

I don't think we will go up this year. Obviously a lot of it is down to luck, but it's very difficult for the teams finishing 3rd/4th (which we'll obviously be aiming for.) I have no worries about us turning over a gubbins outfit like Hamilton or Kilmarnock again. However, us potentially having to go through 4 games, two of which would be against Hibs or Dundee United before facing them would make things a lot more difficult. As evidenced by Falkirk last year who just ran out of steam at the final hurdle.

Making the playoffs, getting a bit of experience in the games we do play, making a bit of momey which can be reinvested in the squad over the summer (wishful thinking I know) then attempting to go for 2nd next year should be our aim. That'd obviously involve keeping most of our squad and adding to it, which is a lot easier said than done.

Obviously I'd be delighted to see us go up, but it likely won't happen this season and that's fine. Cappielow, and the overall infrastructure at the club still need a lot of work before we can set our sights on becoming an established, or even yo-yo Premiership team, as Warren Hawke alluded to on Alba.

So in short, getting 3rd/4th would be a great achievement this season. Bank, then reinvest as much as we can without losing too many players, and go again next season. With the club hopefully continuing to make headway on the commercial and community fronts at the same time.

Pretty much that.

We should be aiming for 3rd this this season. If we bring in a striker (or two depending on Jai) in Jan, we have a very good chance of getting there. Raith and Falkirk are obviously the main competition and neither look better than us.

Was happy to finish 5th last season but would be gutted to finish 5th this year and miss out on the playoffs.

The quality in the Premier League at the moment is hardly frightening. If you take the present top four out of the equation I think that we could do reasonably well in a league comprising of the rest and we should certainly be aspiring for that i. e. to be up there competing with them.

The quality in the Premier League at the moment is hardly frightening. If you take the present top four out of the equation I think that we could do reasonably well in a league comprising of the rest and we should certainly be aspiring for that i. e. to be up there competing with them.

There's so many rancid diddy teams in the Premiership that are well overdue a relegation. We need quadruple relegation places for next season to get Partick, Ross County, Hamilton and Inverness back down where they belong.

There's so many rancid diddy teams in the Premiership that are well overdue a relegation. We need quadruple relegation places for next season to get Partick, Ross County, Hamilton and Inverness back down where they belong.

You missed Kilmarnock.

Archived