Next Seasons Away Strip Designed And Chosen By Fans - Page 31 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Next Seasons Away Strip Designed And Chosen By Fans

port-ton

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton aren't a European-wide brand name though. In what bizarre, parallel universe is that a credible pricing strategy for the top of a likely second tier Scottish football club, hopefully top flight next season?

Some people will order it now - for which the club deserves credit for bringing in revenue that they wouldn't have managed before - but the steep pricing invites the majority of the fanbase to wait for the inevitable Smiths' clearance job that they'll have to do in January-May 2018. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

At our level of football 40 is standard for short sleeve. 50 just 'feels' a lot higher than it actually is, not sure why. I also don't want to pay 50 for it - that's over 'four Redwards' (new and very useful word to replace dozen)

EOho8Pw.png

Morton aren't a European-wide brand name though. In what bizarre, parallel universe is that a credible pricing strategy for the top of a likely second tier Scottish football club, hopefully top flight next season?

Some people will order it now - for which the club deserves credit for bringing in revenue that they wouldn't have managed before - but the steep pricing invites the majority of the fanbase to wait for the inevitable Smiths' clearance job that they'll have to do in January-May 2018. 

It's the price of all football tops m8.

It doesn't somehow miraculously cost manufacturers less money to make the kits for lower reputation teams.

It's the price of all football tops m8.

It doesn't somehow miraculously cost manufacturers less money to make the kits for lower reputation teams.

I'm not sure there are many clubs that have a non mainstream kit supplier, i.e. Adidas, Nike, Puma etc that punt out tops for £50. Would you expect to pay the same price for a tshirt that wee Davie ran up in his local factory as opposed to a similar tshirt by Armani, Hugo Boss etc?

I'm sure the prices were discussed when the home top came out and someone on here had been speaking to the club about it. If memory serves me right the price is due to the strips being 'bespoke' which I understand but the quality needs to be spot on. When I bought my home top I went through 5 different tops before I took one that I was happy with.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I'm not sure there are many clubs that have a non mainstream kit supplier, i.e. Adidas, Nike, Puma etc that punt out tops for £50. Would you expect to pay the same price for a tshirt that wee Davie ran up in his local factory as opposed to a similar tshirt by Armani, Hugo Boss etc?

The irony is that wee Davie probably has higher costs per unit coz he's not working to the scale of the big boys and probably isn't offshoring production to Bangladesh, Nicaragua, Fife etc

EOho8Pw.png

The irony is that wee Davie probably has higher costs per unit coz he's not working to the scale of the big boys and probably isn't offshoring production to Bangladesh, Nicaragua, Fife etc

Not disputing that and his profit margin will be much lower than the mass producers but is he producing a like for like product in terms of the modern technical material to justify a similar price tag? The question still remains, how many clubs of similar standing with non mainstream kit suppliers are charging £50?

Not disputing that and his profit margin will be much lower than the mass producers but is he producing a like for like product in terms of the modern technical material to justify a similar price tag? The question still remains, how many clubs of similar standing with non mainstream kit suppliers are charging £50?

Yep fair points, but tbh I don't know how much other long sleeves from the small manufacturers go for.

EOho8Pw.png

Every single one...

Dunfermline kit supplied by Joma was the same price last summer. £40 for short sleeves. Livingston kit is the same price. Partick kits the same.

This is just how much they cost.

Every single one...

Dunfermline kit supplied by Joma was the same price last summer. £40 for short sleeves. Livingston kit is the same price. Partick kits the same.

This is just how much they cost.

Yip and Joma are a recognised supplier, not in the same bracket as Adidas and the rest but they have been around for a good few years and supply a number of big clubs across Europe, should we expect to pay the same from a non househld name manufacturer and are we getting lime for like in terms of the material quality?

Yip and Joma are a recognised supplier, not in the same bracket as Adidas and the rest but they have been around for a good few years and supply a number of big clubs across Europe, should we expect to pay the same from a non househld name manufacturer and are we getting lime for like in terms of the material quality?

You should expect to pay the going price for football tops in the UK; which is around £40, regardless of who the supplier is.

Oxford United released their own kits this year, similar to our home kit. Can you guess how much it cost? 40 quid m8.

Archived