Next Seasons Away Strip Designed And Chosen By Fans - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Next Seasons Away Strip Designed And Chosen By Fans

port-ton

You're right it's not that bad service at I just think it's an opportunity missed to win a good few fans back on side

They probably had the release day on a bank holiday as they knew the schools would be off and there would be more kids than usual showing up at Smiths. Not only would they want to buy a new Morton shirt but they would wander around the shop and want to buy new boots, footballs etc too. No point having a release on a normal working day when no one would show up!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They probably had the release day on a bank holiday as they knew the schools would be off and there would be more kids than usual showing up at Smiths. Not only would they want to buy a new Morton shirt but they would wander around the shop and want to buy new boots, footballs etc too. No point having a release on a normal working day when no one would show up!

Exactly what I thought, plus a lot of their parents would be off work and therefore be there to pay for said items- I thought a bank holiday release date for a new kit was a good move. (The club were rightly lambasted in the past for not making new kit available early enough- well done to all concerned this season). The fact that pre-order buyers had to wait 1 day for delivery doesn't seem such a big issue to me.

Very good point. I never thought of the obvious advantage of having folk in store for the launch and the extra business it could generate! This is why I don't work in sales!

here today, gone to hell

Fair point Bob, I too have received items prior to release date (from large organisation e.g. Amazon). However I don't really think receiving a product 1 day after the release date (when the release date was a bank holiday) is particularly bad service?

Exactly what I thought, plus a lot of their parents would be off work and therefore be there to pay for said items- I thought a bank holiday release date for a new kit was a good move. (The club were rightly lambasted in the past for not making new kit available early enough- well done to all concerned this season). The fact that pre-order buyers had to wait 1 day for delivery doesn't seem such a big issue to me.

I couldn't disagree more.

In pre-ordering something, I think it's perfectly reasonable for a customer to expect that they are joining the queue for that product at the front, not being shunted to the back behind folk that decide to wait until nearer the time. I don't know if the Inverclyde schools were off on Friday past, but if they were, that would've been a perfectly reasonable time to have the launch, without leaving fans hanging waiting on their kits after the announced release date. I wouldn't see too much problem with the players taking an hour out of their day after training either, day before a game or not.

In pre-ordering something, I think it's perfectly reasonable for a customer to expect that they are joining the queue for that product at the front, not being shunted to the back behind folk that decide to wait until nearer the time. I don't know if the Inverclyde schools were off on Friday past, but if they were, that would've been a perfectly reasonable time to have the launch, without leaving fans hanging waiting on their kits after the announced release date. I wouldn't see too much problem with the players taking an hour out of their day after training either, day before a game or not.

Yep, it's just like standing in a long line at a fast food outlet waiting as they prioritise the drive thru.

Yep, it's just like standing in a long line at a fast food outlet waiting as they prioritise the drive thru.

Is slagging a faceless big company that merely pays my wages a genuine attempt to get under my skin?

When you're standing in that long line waiting to get served, in your buckled state, do you permaseethe to the same extent as you do on here, while those in queue point and laugh at the jakey tramp mess of you, as they all do their best to stand not too close to you for fear of getting overcome by the stench of drink, stale pish and repugnant body odour?

RD,DHF

When you're standing in that long line waiting to get served, in your buckled state, do you permaseethe to the same extent as you do on here, while those in queue point and laugh at the jakey tramp mess of you, as they all do their best to stand not too close to you for fear of getting overcome by the stench of drink, stale pish and repugnant body odour?

RD,DHF

b7pOX75.jpg

On second thoughts, keep going.  :thumbup2:

Fair enough, but I don't really think you were shunted to the back of the queue, you received your goods delivered within 24 hours of release date, at a slightly reduced cost (and were guaranteed getting getting said product).

In the past most of us (Morton Fans) have lambasted the club for not making new kit early enough- this year they did.

I ordered a CD two months ago which is released today, I don't expect to receive it until tomorrow, don't get me wrong, it would have been great to receive it early, but being posted to me on release date seems pretty fair.

I'll let you know if I don't get it tomorrow as that might upset me (even though there was no bank holiday involved).

Fair enough, but I don't really think you were shunted to the back of the queue, you received your goods delivered within 24 hours of release date, at a slightly reduced cost (and were guaranteed getting getting said product).

In the past most of us (Morton Fans) have lambasted the club for not making new kit early enough- this year they did.

I ordered a CD two months ago which is released today, I don't expect to receive it until tomorrow, don't get me wrong, it would have been great to receive it early, but being posted to me on release date seems pretty fair.

I'll let you know if I don't get it tomorrow as that might upset me (even though there was no bank holiday involved).

The last Morton away strip was released on the 25th of April.

What sort of self respecting man wears a football top on a Monday anyway!

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived