TheMortonForum.com

Problems Today

LargsTON

Unfortunately, Cappielow is just not fit for purpose and we should have moved/renovated it years ago.

Thing is, if they haven't even put the midden stand up, over seven years after buying it, what chance is there of a new stadium?

Where would they build it?  And how much would it cost?

http://www.inverclydenow.com/sport/morton/1136-morton-buy-stand-from-st-mirren

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, if they haven't even put the midden stand up, over seven years after buying it, what chance is there of a new stadium?

Where would they build it? And how much would it cost?

http://www.inverclydenow.com/sport/morton/1136-morton-buy-stand-from-st-mirren

IBM is the perfect location size-wise but it might be a bit out of town for most people. It'd be a great chance to build a stadium and training ground etc but that would obviously cost a lot of money. Maybe the new regime that appears to now be influencing the club could eventually move us somewhere else into a new ground.

IBM is the perfect location size-wise but it might be a bit out of town for most people. It'd be a great chance to build a stadium and training ground etc but that would obviously cost a lot of money. Maybe the new regime that appears to now be influencing the club could eventually move us somewhere else into a new ground.

Are IBM the only employers left at Spango Valley?  According to the link, they will have moved out by Q3 this year, which we're now in.

http://www.inverclydenow.com/photostream/15670-ibm

I've a feeling that site may become housing.  Could be a good place for a stadium though as you also have the train station there.

Amazon have a massive new facility near Dunfermline, I'd thought they would just be moving operations there once their lease on that shed in Gourock was up.

Morton would basically need a supermarket to buy the land at Cappielow and/or council assistance to move to a new stadium and we're never going to get either of those things.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

And football in Spain and Brazil is more expensive than Scotland.

According to The Record today (it must be true then) you can actually watch Barcelona v Real Madrid for less that it costs to see Morton v Dumbarton (£15.59 vs Â£18). 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/50-ticket-expensive-celtic-v-8648441

According to The Record today (it must be true then) you can actually watch Barcelona v Real Madrid for less that it costs to see Morton v Dumbarton (£15.59 vs Â£18). 

If you're a Barcelona socio, yes, you can. If you're some guy off the street you can't. Meanwhile if you're a Morton season ticket holder (rough equivalent of a socio) you can... get in to the game for free.

I wish you the very best of luck, as a punter off the street, getting into any Barcelona league fixture for less than 50 euros this season.

EOho8Pw.png

Not the first time that a lecture on how to run football from our 'bin of Europe' correspondent turned out to be clichéd, inaccurate rubbish the.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You can get tickets (not very good ones, admittedly) for Barca - Las Palmas for €33.

Fair play, that's actually cheaper than last season. And they don't need to be good seats, if they're on sale for that price that's valid and I was wrong about 50 euros.

It's also worth noting that even in relatively-rich Barcelona, GDP per head will be similar to Scotland but unemployment will be much, much higher.

EOho8Pw.png

I'be been to quite a few Barca games and I'm about 80 euros average for a half decent seat. Touchline seats are over 100 euros. That article is economical with the facts to say the least.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'be been to quite a few Barca games and I'm about 80 euros average for a half decent seat. Touchline seats are over 100 euros. That article is economical with the facts to say the least.

It's the same with all of the comparisons to tickets to Bayern Munich games. Yes you can get tickets for €15 or so, but they are as rare as rocking horse shit and are hoovered up by fan club members. I went to a Bayern - Hamburg game last year and tickets were €49 for really average seats.

It's the same with all of the comparisons to tickets to Bayern Munich games. Yes you can get tickets for €15 or so, but they are as rare as rocking horse s*** and are hoovered up by fan club members. I went to a Bayern - Hamburg game last year and tickets were €49 for really average seats.

Germany is cheaper across the board than Scotland and England but there is indeed a bit of a Hovis attitude towards it in the UK. I don't think most people appreciate that, as you say, the cheapest tickets are very rarely walk-up prices. Certainly with the choice of standing areas the overall fan experience is better as well as cheaper, but it's not quite a land of milk and honey. Again, it is far more instructive to compare within markets.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived