Morton V St Mirren - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V St Mirren

Flyerton

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston are quite clearly not a "very decent team". Both Saint Mirren and Livingston are crap sides, hence why they're well below an ultimately average Morton side. And have beaten Morton precisely zero times this season between them.

The idea that the spoon-burners being destroyed on their own midden somehow makes them a greater danger than before is just cringeworthy.

Unlike yourself, I don't base my opinion on statistics alone. When Livi came to Cappielow they played some excellent football and looked like a team at the top of the league not the bottom. They also fired 4 goals past the Midden yesterday, to do that against any team in this division shows they are a decent side. 

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Unlike yourself, I don't base my opinion on statistics alone. When Livi came to Cappielow they played some excellent football and looked like a team at the top of the league not the bottom. They also fired 4 goals past the Midden yesterday, to do that against any team in this division shows they are a decent side. 

Maybe you should've paid some attention to some statistics like say, Livingston's previous results prior to visiting Cappielow- 4-1 and 3-0 maulings of Queen of the South and Raith Rovers respectively.

That way, you may have realised that playing them at that stage of the season was a far more daunting proposition that playing the Spoon Burners is at this juncture.

I think a decent side would show far more consistency than Livi do. They have had a few decent results and performances this season like yesterday's, but they've also had some dreadful ones like losing at home to Alloa a couple of weeks ago.The league doesn't lie, they're a mediocre side at best.

Maybe you should've paid some attention to some statistics like say, Livingston's previous results prior to visiting Cappielow- 4-1 and 3-0 maulings of Queen of the South and Raith Rovers respectively.

That way, you may have realised that playing them at that stage of the season was a far more daunting proposition that playing the Spoon Burners is at this juncture.

They are where they are for a reason.

They were not a great team for start of the season, granted. We ripped them apart at  through at Livi. But they were impressive at Cappielow and even some Midden fans were saying they were impressive yesterday regardless how their own team played.

In my opinion, right now, they are a very decent side.

Alloa look like they are certainties for relegation, I've no idea who will occupy the relegation playoff spot, but I don't believe it will be Livi.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

We'll know more about how good or bad Livi are after the cup game.  Let's just enjoy the midden implosion for now, and hope that for once we aren't the mugs that get turned over by a bunch of serial losers, which is what usually happens to us in such circumstances.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

They lost at home two weeks ago to Alloa. Not the hallmark of a very decent side. 

Col has a habit of bigging up dross to give the impression any win is heroic and any loss understandable. I'm still waiting to hear how we managed to nullify Alloa's legendary threat.

Unlike yourself, I don't base my opinion on statistics alone. When Livi came to Cappielow they played some excellent football and looked like a team at the top of the league not the bottom. They also fired 4 goals past the Midden yesterday, to do that against any team in this division shows they are a decent side.

"Statistics" like the league table are a pretty fundamental means to work out whether a side is any good, or complete and utter dung like Livingston are, champ.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Other than the televised matches, the only game I've attended this season was the St Mirren game in August. I said at the time they were the worst St Mirren team I had ever seen. They were rank from back to front, and we drew with them purely because we were singularly out of ideas on how to break them down, insisting on following the managers chosen tactics of humping a huge long ball down to a forward who is not capable of dealing with them. With a tiny bit of managerial smarts they were there to be pumped. Not beaten. Pumped. I would like to think we have learned since that night. So I am at a loss to understand the negativity or worry or the strange score predictions. They are pish. And if we play the way we can we shouldn't be worried about the result. In my humble opinion.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

By the way, food for thought for those who still act like Morton fans are uniquely terrible and it's an onerous chore to play for us:

On the St. Mirren forum right now there's some more details about Jamie Langfield blocking folk. Apparently a prominent poster told him straight up to retire ( :lol: ) and he got blocked for that. And now that guy is saying that Jamie's mates have been intimidating him in Paisley pubs :lol:

Something to think about - that's an order of magnitude more ****ed up (on both sides) than anything that's happened at Morton in a few years.

None other than P&B's Lex. Tremendous scenes.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

League tables are an indicator of past, not current form and say nothing about injuries. I was at Southampton v Arsenal yesterday. Southampton on a poor run of form, Arsenal who had injury issues were looking to go top were hustled and outplayed losing 4 nil. No one would have predicted that. Having said that the first three of Southampton goals should have been disallowed and had the ref yellow carded a player for a trip on the second goal Southamption would have been down to ten.

We had a goalkeeper sent off for a head but in a Midden NY game, with the clown who provoked him only being yellow carded and lost 6-3. We need to stay focused and do the business, no room for complacency

It is pretty incredible when you think about it, you'd think a team with guys like (I'm just going off the Wiki squad list here) Jason Naismith, Goodwin, Andy Webster, Alan Gow (OK apparently he's past it), Thompson (also past it), Langfield (also past it), even Agnew and Watson wouldn't be as bad as it is.

But they are.

EOho8Pw.png

Reading the B&W messageboard just now, a few people have mentioned Stephen Thompson as a 'legend', which in itself is one of the most overused terms in Football.

What did Steven Thompson do for them to merit such an accolade?

*insert signature here*

Reading the B&W messageboard just now, a few people have mentioned Stephen Thompson as a 'legend', which in itself is one of the most overused terms in Football.

What did Steven Thompson do for them to merit such an accolade?

Probably because he's a massive St Mirren fan and signed for them when he could've got a gig at a bigger team. He's scored a lot of important goals for them none more so than when they won the League Cup in 2013 . He scored in the semi (Celtic)  and the final (Hertz). It's typical that certain fans are calling him a fkn wage thief now. Short memories.

Show Racism the Red Card

One fan called him that and retracted it a couple of hours later, put your MOPEry away, Sutcliffe.

No Mopery here :eek: The fact that any St Mirren fan should even think of calling Thompson a wage thief is ridiculous - he's been thieving himself of a decent living for years signing up with those skinflints. He retracted it then, good for him.

Show Racism the Red Card

Archived