Morton V St Mirren - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V St Mirren

Flyerton

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hazard a guess that Alloa haven't beaten them this season either. May be the only other team.

Us, Alloa & Queen of the South, although Queen of the South have only played them once.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I wonder why they're so bad at home? I mean they're total dung no matter how you slice it, but even more dung at home.

Boo boys who don't bring friends, IMO.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Blackandwhitearmy forums are essential reading right now. Absolutely gripping stuff, watching them wail and gnash.

Aye, meltdown central. Twitter's entertaining too, quite a few offended at Langfield blocking people. :lol:

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Their delusion that 'bringing in an assistant manager' would make any difference whatsoever to their predicament is absolutely delicious. Presumably Miller is slithering towards the door then.

The Spoon-burners end the calendar year as a 'crisis club' on a par with our bunch of clueless chumps and mercenaries from two years ago, bound for the same destination. Just let that sink in.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

They're not quite as bad as we were two years ago. After 18 games that season we were on 9 points, two wins of a difference is a massive deal when we're talking about this degree of shiteness. Unfortunately Alloa are as bad as we were that season, so there's no chance of them finishing bottom but they're favourites for the playoffs right now. I'm hoping one thing where they do have a parallel with us in that season is clearing out as many players as possible in January then realising you can't possibly overhaul an entire squad in January as there simply aren't enough players available, leading to them getting even worse. David Robertson for St. Mirren please.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Their fail started from a much higher benchmark than ours though, hence the complete and utter meltdown of their clueless fanbase.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If you read the interview with Alex Rae from before the match it looks like he's fallen out with Gilmour already :lol:

Regarding VT's post from earlier, an Olympian display of straw-clutching took place on B&WA earlier with some earnest chap proclaiming that the appointment of an assistant is even more important than that of the manager himself. Wonderful stuff.

There are plenty of wallopers in the Morton support but the St. Mirren fanbase is totally bizarre. They have dozens of completely interchangeable, pseudo-thoughtful fans with no character, no sense, and no charisma. I'd take one Morton poster ahead of twenty of their charmless essayists. I'm even bored of laughing at their misfortune now because it's so beigely articulated. They can't even get that right.

EOho8Pw.png

Cue St Mirren thumping us next week...

Based on what? A one goal loss isn't beyond the realms of possibility, but a thumping? We've been thumped only once this season and in our second game against Sevco we came back stronger. There is zero to suggest that we're ripe for a thumping and, even if we were, that fucking gaggle would be able to administer it.

EOho8Pw.png

He was quite good at Cappielow in August, the reason we haven't beat them yet this season.

Fair, but St. Mirren fans are saying he was at fault for two goals today. I'd take Gaston ahead of him any day, probably Adam too. Langfield seems done, apparently.

EOho8Pw.png

Langfield was outstanding at Cappielow when we played them and has the potential to play to the same standards again. He seems a vey inconsistent keeper throughout his career and that's probably what's held him back from going further in the game. I wouldn't write him off yet...

Livi are a very decent team, and I said a while back they would climb up the league and can still see them doing that. They gave us a real game of it at Cappielow and could have left with all 3 points that day. I'm not surprised in the least they beat the Midden today.

We really should rip the Midden a new one next week but I doubt we will as they are now really up against it in various ways. They now badly need a result and who better than against us. I guess it will come down to who wants the win most?  

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Desire will surely be a huge part of the game but realistically we know by now that we're a better team. The table bears this out nicely (we've had long enough to establish that this is the case.) All this arcane divination about form going out the window and who wants it more just ignores that very, very simple fact - we have a better team than them and as such we should be looking for the three points.

EOho8Pw.png

Livingston are quite clearly not a "very decent team". Both Saint Mirren and Livingston are crap sides, hence why they're well below an ultimately average Morton side. And have beaten Morton precisely zero times this season between them.

The idea that the spoon-burners being destroyed on their own midden somehow makes them a greater danger than before is just cringeworthy.

By the way, food for thought for those who still act like Morton fans are uniquely terrible and it's an onerous chore to play for us:

On the St. Mirren forum right now there's some more details about Jamie Langfield blocking folk. Apparently a prominent poster told him straight up to retire ( :lol: ) and he got blocked for that. And now that guy is saying that Jamie's mates have been intimidating him in Paisley pubs :lol:

Something to think about - that's an order of magnitude more fucked up (on both sides) than anything that's happened at Morton in a few years.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived