Hospitality - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hospitality

Alibi

Made an enquiry about booking hospitality for the game against Hibs on the 5th December, but have been told that you can only book a package for the Rangers, St Mirren and Hibs games (I think there is also one of Livi, Alloa and Dumbarton in the package too but not entirely certain of the details) and can't book these games individually.  The package is £228 per head.  We were going to take along a couple of Hibee friends but obviously they won't be interested in going to the other games.  I'm sure the hospitality will be sold out but insisting on this set up will rule out a lot of people who don't want to go to hospitality 4 times in a season or can't afford it.  Seems a daft policy to me.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Made an enquiry about booking hospitality for the game against Hibs on the 5th December, but have been told that you can only book a package for the Rangers, St Mirren and Hibs games (I think there is also one of Livi, Alloa and Dumbarton in the package too but not entirely certain of the details) and can't book these games individually.  The package is £228 per head.  We were going to take along a couple of Hibee friends but obviously they won't be interested in going to the other games.  I'm sure the hospitality will be sold out but insisting on this set up will rule out a lot of people who don't want to go to hospitality 4 times in a season or can't afford it.  Seems a daft policy to me.

It's not a daft policy whatsoever.

It makes commercial sense and the club should be commended  - for once - in doing so. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

It makes commercial sense and the club should be commended  - for once - in doing so. 

I don't agree with that at all. They should be taking anything they can get and perhaps do a slight discount on packages.

There is no way they'll struggle to sell these games out so it's not like they are trying to fill less popular days by linking them to the bigger games.

I don't agree with that at all. They should be taking anything they can get and perhaps do a slight discount on packages.

There is no way they'll struggle to sell these games out so it's not like they are trying to fill less popular days by linking them to the bigger games.

They are linking smaller games to the bigger ones and rightly so. It fills hospitality and makes money that they otherwise might not make. 

I'm not sure if it's a 4 match package though; i thought it was buy one big game and attached to that is a smaller game..

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Not a bad idea all in. Don't think they should base their hospitality packages on whether two Hibs fans are going to show up. The club has to take advantage of the teams that are in this league this season, as it might never happen again.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Disagree completely.

I would like to do either a St Mirren, Hibs or Rangers game this year as I do most years but I don'y fancy paying for all 3 as a take it or leave it package.

If you cant pick hospitality for 1 game only out of those 3 games, its a shocking way to treat the fans IMO.

Yep I think it will be £228 for one of Hibs, Rangers and St Mirren + one of Livi, Alloa & Dumbarton.

They seem to have done away with Gold Hospitality and are only offering Silver Hospitality at £45 for certain games according to the website. So I am fairly certain I am correct above.

Mon the Ton

Not a bad idea all in. Don't think they should base their hospitality packages on whether two Hibs fans are going to show up. The club has to take advantage of the teams that are in this league this season, as it might never happen again.

It's not the couple of Hibs fans that are the problem.  It's the inability to book hospitality for a single game that bothers me.  I don't want to book what appears to be either a two game, or maybe it's four game, hospitality package.  Will probably just book for one of the other games that will I assume be sold singly.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Disagree completely.

I would like to do either a St Mirren, Hibs or Rangers game this year as I do most years but I don'y fancy paying for all 3 as a take it or leave it package.

If you cant pick hospitality for 1 game only out of those 3 games, its a shocking way to treat the fans IMO.

I based my response on the understanding that the deal was if you buy any of Rangers, Midden, or Hibs you also bought another game (Livi or the like) alongside. So, a 2 game deal?

Is this wrong? If so, i retract my response. 

If not, it makes sense for the club to sell the hospitality for these games this way. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I based my response on the understanding that the deal was if you buy any of Rangers, Midden, or Hibs you also bought another game (Livi or the like) alongside. So, a 2 game deal?

Is this wrong? If so, i retract my response. 

If not, it makes sense for the club to sell the hospitality for these games this way. 

Not sure.

I'm just going with what Alibi has posted.

If it's simply tying a smaller game to one of the bigger games I can certainly see a few benefits. It rewards fans who are willing to attend more than one match in hospitality, sells extra tickets, and discourages away fans from taking up hospitality places (especially Rangers, whose fans were apparently expecting to "flood" hospitality in games against them).

The deal is that if you buy any of St Mirren, Rangers or Hibs you must also buy with it any of Alloa, Livi or Dumbarton. It's an attempt to ensure Morton fans get priority in the big games, and that hospitality is better attended in the lesser games. Whether that will work or not, who knows, but it makes some sense. It came after other clubs warned Morton against hospitality being dominated by eg Rangers fans in those matches. I think they know it won't suit some, but it also won't suit Morton fans if they have only limited space at hospitality for those bigger matches.

If it's simply tying a smaller game to one of the bigger games I can certainly see a few benefits. It rewards fans who are willing to attend more than one match in hospitality, sells extra tickets, and discourages away fans from taking up hospitality places (especially Rangers, whose fans were apparently expecting to "flood" hospitality in games against them).

The deal is that if you buy any of St Mirren, Rangers or Hobs you must also buy with it any of Allo, Livi or Dumbarton. It's an attempt to ensure Morton fans get priority in the big games, and that hospitality is better attended in the lesser games. Whether that will work or not, who knows, but it makes some sense. It came after other clubs warned Morton against hospitality being dominated by eg Rangers fans in those matches.

Exactly.

This is to minimize the amount of Knights of Sevconia in hospitality and to ensure that Morton fans get priority and the club gets some extra cash.

Yes, it's massively inconvenient for those who might not want to or be able to make two games, but your target audience here - Morton fans - generally won't fit that description.

Hibs fans can go fuck themselves.

EOho8Pw.png

The deal is that if you buy any of St Mirren, Rangers or Hibs you must also buy with it any of Alloa, Livi or Dumbarton. It's an attempt to ensure Morton fans get priority in the big games, and that hospitality is better attended in the lesser games. Whether that will work or not, who knows, but it makes some sense. It came after other clubs warned Morton against hospitality being dominated by eg Rangers fans in those matches.

Awright stranger.

The deal is that if you buy any of St Mirren, Rangers or Hibs you must also buy with it any of Alloa, Livi or Dumbarton. It's an attempt to ensure Morton fans get priority in the big games, and that hospitality is better attended in the lesser games. Whether that will work or not, who knows, but it makes some sense. It came after other clubs warned Morton against hospitality being dominated by eg Rangers fans in those matches. I think they know it won't suit some, but it also won't suit Morton fans if they have only limited space at hospitality for those bigger matches.

Thanks for clearing what i already knew up.

It makes perfect sense. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

That sounds not too bad then as opposed to the first post.

We better pick a game soon.

Archived