Morton Vs Falkirk - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Falkirk

mcintyre_gmfc

With the players that left even before a ball was kicked this season it was clear to see where we would end up. And the hierarchy are not free from being slated either.

No manager could change this shower we are left with.

Maybe a step down is what they need for them to realise the mistakes they made at the end of last season.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreadful absolute dire. Can't think of a shot for their keeper to make before the 93rd minute.

We had no width at all, no creativity from midfield. Just woeful...

Kenny has it all to do in January as we desperately need new players in.

No managerial bounce and right now Kenny is talking a good game as his appointment has had no impact on the field

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Could have been different if the ref hadn't been the only person in the vicinity of the ground to miss the handball in the box.

We were quite ineffectual again today. I can't say there were any great performances; Stirling was doing his best Darren Mcgeough impression, there was next to nothing in the final third, very little creativity, and a defence ready to hand goals away. Craig Reid is well below his best at the moment, McKee was naive at best - too many players who dont have a best position right now. Fitzpatrick is a truly awful player, he's a lazy defender and terrible going forward.

We desperately need 3 players across the team that can hold things together.

I didn't think it was a penalty, it was very similar to the one Ramires got v WBA.

The biggest issue was, again, Fitzpatrick. A nonsense give away on the half way line led directly to the penalty. Utterly horrendous, and I pray he goes the way of Page never to be seen again.

Some positives, but Shiels will now see the magnitude of the task at hand.

Thought we played much better as we seemed to pass the ball around on the deck. Still nowhere near good enough as we seem to get split open too easy at times. The penalty was a terrible effort by Peciar, don't know what he was thinking by barging into their player. First goal I wasn't paying attention so missed that completely, I'm sure the highlights will enlighten me. 

It was good to see McNeil start but there wasn't much service to him, Ferris looked ok. Campbell, just the usual from him. Thought Fred was our best player, wasn't his best performance but no one stood out, Imrie was nowhere near worthy of the motm. 

Referee and Linesmen were atrocious. Cowdenbeath picking up a point away to Raith does not help matters one bit for us.

Also, to the gentleman shouting absolute shite beside me (right beside the Falkirk fans in the cowshed) fuck off ya helmet. Embarrassing stuff.

A bit of an improvement in terms of organisation, but ultimately still nowhere near good enough. Obviously can't be too critical of Shiels for that this early though. Only two shots on target throughout the game, losing goals through a free header from a corner and then cheaply losing possession in the middle of the park (Fitzpatrick, surprise surfuckingprise) followed by Peciar getting caught the wrong side of his man, stonewall penalty.

I like to see teams passing it out from the back but we're going to play ourselves into trouble regularly if the midfield is going to be as static as it was today. You'd have one midfielder showing for a pass at a time while the rest stood still, meaning that Falkirk had no problem shutting men down and the midfielder who received the ball from the defence had no option but to pass it straight backwards again, and we lost possession several times through defenders being put under pressure as a result of this. I fear this isn't going to be solved until a while into January, if at all, as we're going to be stuck with mediocrities like McKee and Stirling in the team who have no idea how to make a run, spot a pass or do anything else which makes a player useful.

It's been a while since the Cowshed burst out laughing at the man of the match award. Dougie fucking Imrie indeed.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

As said above, team does look more organised, but the final third is still abysmal. Thought the midfield in the first half looked a lot better, more movement and some nice one touch stuff.

The decision to move Hands out right for the second half ended any chance we had of taking something from the game IMO. After the second goal the game just fizzled out.

Good to have Hands back, Fred looked better than lately and McNeil and Ferris look like real prospects. Good to see us trying to play it out from the back but not every single time.

Roll on the January window.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Where to fucking start with this lot!?

Definitely better organised but we would of expected that. Shiels references to hunger and desire have been quite evident, and there was a complete lack of that by some out there today.

Fitzpatrick was absolutely terrible, and his stupid giving away of the ball in the second half led to the penalty. No need for him to fanny about in there. Felt the Falkirk player went down very easily but I know I'd be screaming for it if it was us. Hopefully Fitzpatrick will be joining the others heading out the door, can't believe how slow he is.

McKee and Stirling just arent interested and when the going gets tough they just shy away. Stirling in particular and his lack of willingness to tackle is absolutely unbelievable at times. Need a total cunt in the middle of the park to break things up and drag us out of this mess.

Imrie was at the races at all today, did his fair share of running about and chasing. But also his fair share of moaning aswell when he generally made an arse of it.

Caraux's decision making? First game post labotomy it seems. WTF?

Felt that McNeil, Ferris, Hands, Fred & Reid showed promise at times but a total shite game. Things can only get better surely?

Enjoy Parklea tomorrow boys. Don't think they'll be fancying that much when the realisation sets in sharp in the morning!

I thought we looked pretty comfortable at half time and felt it really strange to go 4-4-2 so early. Hand out on the right didn't work. We should have keep it the same going into the second half.  They weren't better than us, yet won easily.

Kenny has a massive job on his hands.

Fred was comfortably our best player.

In his program notes, shiels talks about a shared dream between himself, the chairman and the fans. Unfortunately, the squad is a nightmare. The game proved you can't make honey out of bees' $hite, at least not in 5 days. Quick positive: shiels' willingness to mix things up and the fact you can actually hear him roar instructions to the team. Get the impression he'll not give them a minute's peace.A positive change compared to the Moore approach.

In his program notes, shiels talks about a shared dream between himself, the chairman and the fans. Unfortunately, the squad is a nightmare. The game proved you can't make honey out of bees' $hite, at least not in 5 days. Quick positive: shiels' willingness to mix things up and the fact you can actually hear him roar instructions to the team. Get the impression he'll not give them a minute's peace.A positive change compared to the Moore approach.

The longer the game went on the more you could hear Shiels shouting instructions. In the first half he was using Davie Wylie as the runner between himself and Hopkin. I think the stairs must have got the better of Davie.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I thought we were decent until they scored, and even until the penalty. Not necessarily brilliant, but better than previous weeks.

We desperately need a striker who can score goals and a creative midfielder. O'Connor and Robertson would fit the bill perfectly. I'm not sure why Hands is always played in the more advanced midfield role, it just doesn't seem to be his game at all. McKee is an utterly ineffective player, rightly hooked at half-time. If we're able to get shot of contracted players, he'd be one of the first out.

AWMSC

I thought we were decent until they scored, and even until the penalty. Not necessarily brilliant, but better than previous weeks.

We desperately need a striker who can score goals and a creative midfielder. O'Connor and Robertson would fit the bill perfectly. I'm not sure why Hands is always played in the more advanced midfield role, it just doesn't seem to be his game at all. McKee is an utterly ineffective player, rightly hooked at half-time. If we're able to get shot of contracted players, he'd be one of the first out.

I think it would be a mistake to let McKee go - I reckon he'll develop into a right good player. Hopefully with us rather than elsewhere.

Every now and then you hear some patter in the Cowshed that puts a smile on your face regardless of how the team are playing. Today was one of these days.

Reece Hands got blootered in the gonads from 2 yards and hit the deck immediately. An old boy behind me shouted, "Aye you'd know all about it if it was a mitre". Brilliant.

I think it would be a mistake to let McKee go - I reckon he'll develop into a right good player. Hopefully with us rather than elsewhere.

lol wut

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Sat next to Kenny shields. He even had me nervous after 15 mins with all his shouts. If players could be just half capable of putting in the effort shields put in today we might get somewhere. He thought we were powderpuff up front.

I think it's too much of a luxury to "wait" for him to show what he can do. If he can go, and someone like Robertson comes in then that's fine by me. The presence of a more experienced midfielder is a must.

McKee had 1 good game pre season it seems, and I was impressed too. He's not tough enough at the moment, doesn't want the ball & doesn't do enough unfortunately.

Archived