Thread About Ex Player - Page 386 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

My beautiful wee freddy got injured in first cup game of the season, manager who signed him got sacked while he was injured and new manager didn't fancy him by time he was back fit and never really got going. 

Not convinced he has the physicality to perform at that level at his age as he seemed to have lost that burst of pace that helped him close people down but he definitely didn't get the breaks he needed to give him the best opportunity. 

Still though I'm sure he enjoyed a ridiculously overpriced Nottingham Forest championship wage for a year. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

26 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

You don't need to be a genius to see otherwise. 1 league game and 1 cup game, or at least he started in those. In a league with as many games as a Championship club will face in a season, multiple managers I believe too, I'd say that's not a fair look in. 

I'd say that multiple managers taking a look at a player and refusing to select him over 50 games a season is more than a "fair look in" They all saw him in training and clearly reckoned that he wasn't up to the job of English Championship football. And evidently all the other managers in the division are similarly unconvinced, which is why he has failed to land a deal as far down the pecking order as 'Peterborough' or 'Blackpool' instead. 

It doesn't take a genius then to work out that he was out of his depth at that level. It happens, dry your eyes, get over it etc. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just the three goals for Declan McManus as TNS go 4-0 (four-nil) up against Viktoria Plzen. Someone check on VT.

edit: Plzen get two back before the game ends. Second leg next week.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Just the three goals for Declan McManus as TNS go 4-0 (four-nil) up against Viktoria Plzen. Someone check on VT.

edit: Plzen get two back before the game ends. Second leg next week.

Saw a stat on twitter that he's the top scorer in all European competitions so far this season. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Not an ex player but being from Inverclyde I never understood why we haven't tried to sign Nicky low. His career took a dip before he signed for Arbroath but I've always thought he was a good player at this level.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

13 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Not an ex player but being from Inverclyde I never understood why we haven't tried to sign Nicky low. His career took a dip before he signed for Arbroath but I've always thought he was a good player at this level.

Was he not in on trial a couple of years ago and knocked us back for some Irish mob?

Just now, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Was he not in on trial a couple of years ago and knocked us back for some Irish mob?

That does ring a bell. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Just missed a penalty and the chance to BURY hapless Ayr.

14 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

What a dick.

Kelty give O'Ware MotM in his first game.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

And that's why he was never good enough for The Famous.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I would have happily have kept big Fjortoft, why he opted to start as a sub with Hopkin, I have no idea. Money talks? Also McAdam who won every single players award, is starting on the bench just now, I cannae see him winning everything or  anything this season. Hopefully we will see some movement on the signing front shortly, glad Hamilton and Ugwu are proving their doubters wrong already so far!

• Upvote 1