Thread About Ex Player - Page 425 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Was he not training with the burners a couple of months ago? No harm to Strapp at all, but Imrie got a huge amount of pelters for making his decision in the spring and he stated (IIRC - at one of the fan events) that we would see where Strapp ends up by the end of the summer. Well here we are, and that judgment looks vindicated. A club would sign a player with an already known injury, if they viewed it as a key addition to the squad. 

Perhaps a call that Imrie deserves subsequent credit for, that we can trade for the Broadfoot weird yin.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

23 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Was he not training with the burners a couple of months ago? No harm to Strapp at all, but Imrie got a huge amount of pelters for making his decision in the spring and he stated (IIRC - at one of the fan events) that we would see where Strapp ends up by the end of the summer. Well here we are, and that judgment looks vindicated. A club would sign a player with an already known injury, if they viewed it as a key addition to the squad. 

Perhaps a call that Imrie deserves subsequent credit for, that we can trade for the Broadfoot weird yin.

Aye keep telling yourself that 

• Downvote 6

20 minutes ago, thehustler said:

Telling myself... what exactly? What is the factual issue you'd like to dispute? 

Be extremely specific.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

13 hours ago, thehustler said:

I think I've worked out who you are.  

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

17 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Telling myself... what exactly? What is the factual issue you'd like to dispute? 

Be extremely specific.

That wasting a wage on a 38 yr old playing amateur football who is total dung and has already cost us several points is ok because he let a former POTY go because he was injured. Specific enough for you?

4 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

I think I've worked out who you are.  

Doubtful 

41 minutes ago, port-ton said:

My first thought was he was connected to Strapp due to all the anti Imrie pish. Not exactly subtle. 

Still best left ignored. 

Why don't you then?

• Downvote 6

1 hour ago, thehustler said:

That wasting a wage on a 38 yr old playing amateur football who is total dung and has already cost us several points is ok because he let a former POTY go because he was injured. 

If you're not a complete moron and understand that all managers make errors in judgment, of course it is. The only test is whether the manager's collective decisions amount to a net positive or a net negative - and only a complete moron (you, again) would actually dispute that this has been the case. 

I couldn't care less if one or two deserving players fall by the wayside in the name of collective progress, because I'm not hanging out of any of their arses. GMFC is a professional football club and not a social club.

The problem for those who were braying endlessly about 'releasing' a former POTY (in what nick of a team, btw?) is that the market has fully vindicated that decision, what with it being the last week of September tomorrow and Strapp being without a club. The widespread tears and snotters about signing Waters instead look utterly foolish now. That was entirely the correct decision - though we are still badly lacking a backup option. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I liked Lewis a lot for his energy and commitment, and a fair amount of skill as well. But as I've mentioned a few times, his relative lack of height for a defender could limit his opportunities of playing at a higher level where a dominant aerial presence is a prerequisite. No idea of course if that is a factor in the reason he hasn't been snapped up yet, it could also simply be because he's still not yet fully fit, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is. I'm sure he'll find another club eventually, but I suspect it will be at championship level, or lower.

I'm sure he do well wherever he ends up, and like all Ton fans I wish him well.

He's the same height as Andy Robertson 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

If you're not a complete moron and understand that all managers make errors in judgment, of course it is. The only test is whether the manager's collective decisions amount to a net positive or a net negative - and only a complete moron (you, again) would actually dispute that this has been the case. 

I couldn't care less if one or two deserving players fall by the wayside in the name of collective progress, because I'm not hanging out of any of their arses. GMFC is a professional football club and not a social club.

The problem for those who were braying endlessly about 'releasing' a former POTY (in what nick of a team, btw?) is that the market has fully vindicated that decision, what with it being the last week of September tomorrow and Strapp being without a club. The widespread tears and snotters about signing Waters instead look utterly foolish now. That was entirely the correct decision - though we are still badly lacking a backup option. 

Don't think I mentioned Waters who is a decent full back. But have you looked at the league table recently? To see how we are doing with all those exquisite Imrie judgements. Anyway I'm doing my best not to lower my standards by abusing you. But you are clearly the true definition of a moron. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, thehustler said:

Don't think I mentioned Waters who is a decent full back. But have you looked at the league table recently? To see how we are doing with all those exquisite Imrie judgements. Anyway I'm doing my best not to lower my standards by abusing you. But you are clearly the true definition of a moron. 

I asked you roughly 24 hours ago what factual point you were disputing with your 'aye keep telling yourself that retort'. Your subsequent Catherine wheel of fail brings us no closer to an actual fucking answer.

The idea that you're in any position to lower standards is laughable, your abysmal contributions speak to that. The only question is how long it will take you to join Dr. Zhivago and Ed de Ball in the dustbin of forum history. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, vikingTON said:

I asked you roughly 24 hours ago what factual point you were disputing with your 'aye keep telling yourself that retort'. Your subsequent Catherine wheel of fail brings us no closer to an actual fucking answer.

The idea that you're in any position to lower standards is laughable, your abysmal contributions speak to that. The only question is how long it will take you to join Dr. Zhivago and Ed de Ball in the dustbin of forum history. 

Oh I do apologise Vicky. A full 24 hours. Imagine having a life where people do other things bar being a keyboard warrior. So you think signing Broadfoot is one bad decision and letting Strapp go is a good decision ergo they balance each other out. However he has picked Broadfoot on 10 occasions or so therefore making it 10 bad decisions which has cost us severely and why we sit in the bottom 2 of the league. Anyway off you pop to start your homework. 

Edited by thehustler
  • Downvote 3

Where does the Lewis Strapp is too short thing come from? At 5ft11", he's as tall or taller than loads of other full backs we've had, and loads of full backs at a higher level. I didn't hear people questioning the height of Jamie Brandon or Liam Grimshaw. He's the same height as the likes of Paul McGinn and Stephen Kingsley and taller than the likes of Greg Taylor. Obviously sometimes managers like a really tall full back, but I can't seeing height as being a particular barrier here.