Match Preview - Morton vs Dunfermline - 23rd March - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview - Morton vs Dunfermline - 23rd March

Telegraph saying still no Oakley tomorrow. Really need to start picking up points if we want to keep the playoff hope alive. 

Wingers tomorrow please none of this French in midfield and launching the ball forward every opportunity. 

Any news on Quitongo's fitness? While his performance between bouts of injury/illness was risiblea few weeks ago, it's the double whammy of both being out that deprives us of any serious physical presence in the final third. Any competent manager can then just push their defence up the park to help win the midfield battle, and it's an uphill task to do anything after that. 

Wingers alone won't solve that, especially as I wouldn't say any of ours are particularly pacey. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Any news on Quitongo's fitness? While his performance between bouts of injury/illness was risiblea few weeks ago, it's the double whammy of both being out that deprives us of any serious physical presence in the final third. Any competent manager can then just push their defence up the park to help win the midfield battle, and it's an uphill task to do anything after that. 

Wingers alone won't solve that, especially as I wouldn't say any of ours are particularly pacey. 

Heard he's not actually even injured..

TIME FOR CHANGE!

As the McGrattan fanboy in chief, him getting a start ahead of Garrity is wild on recent form. Hopefully the return of Gorgeous George hauls the rest of the team back up to his level.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

As the McGrattan fanboy in chief, him getting a start ahead of Garrity is wild on recent form. Hopefully the return of Gorgeous George hauls the rest of the team back up to his level.

Yeah, really don’t understand McGrattan starting. He’s been woeful any time he’s had a chance recently. 

We need more balls into channels to make them defend it, trying to pass the ball around our back four and midfield is not going to work on this surface and any level of pressing. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We've went from having the opportunity to over take partick for 3rd place last week to being 9 points behind them and looking over our shoulders at inverness in 9th.

It looks like this shape and tactic has been sussed out by most of the division even with Oakley returning this afternoon, Dougie needs to look at other options now.

I would be dropping Muirhead next weekend and go with 2 natural wingers on either side of Oakley, robbie has ran himself into the ground over the last couple of weeks with not much reward.

I think we are now back to the bottom of the form table over the last 6 games which is really concerning, we need a victory fast.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Guff again, long ball again no creativity and just the same old mince. 

Didn't think they looked great but they got the job done, if we keep falling to pick up points we could find ourselves in trouble never thought we would say that about a month ago. 

We'd have been better with Easdale in the team than Muirhead the last two months. He shouldn't be getting a contract in the summer.

The season is now about getting enough points to make 8th. We'll be more likely to get there if we don't see French or Broadfoot again.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

12 minutes ago, Chesh said:

I would be dropping Muirhead next weekend and go with 2 natural wingers on either side of Oakley, robbie has ran himself into the ground over the last couple of weeks with not much reward.

Which natural wingers would these be: the two who haven't kicked their own arse all season, or the two who came on today and shelled every other cross out of the park? All of our wide options are mediocre at best and that's why we are persistently chronic when we concede the first goal. 

I didn't see evidence today of Dunfermline having sussed us out tactically - we were competitive but there were simply too many players off it in terms of performing basic tasks and the use of the ball showed a team short on confidence. Chucking in one ridiculously slack goal at a set-piece and Mullen bailing us out for a second is not a tactical issue. 

If we get a lead in a game and win then I think we'll be fine. 

• Upvote 1

That Broadfoot performance was laughably bad. O'Connor and Baird is clearly our best CB partnership.

It's been rubbish for weeks now. Players have not got a clue. 5 losses in a row. 1 goal in 7. 

Muirhead missing the penalty sums his 2024 up but Crawford missing from about 2 yards was embarrassing. He's also been someone that's not had much criticism but he's been off it for months. Imrie needs to do something different tactically wise as teams just stick a player either side of Oakley and that's the whole plan fucked. 

Bit of a must win next week. 

• Upvote 1

The story of this season is, if we go a goal down we’ve had it. Did we go a goal down in our 16 game unbeaten run?

There is a real lack of confidence at the moment, Muirheads penalty was the epitome of that !

Derek Lilley on sportsound proving he’s not biased by gushing over Dunfermlines domination and not even mentioning we missed a pen.

pen.jpg

That was fkn pish. Some arses need fkn kicked in the dressing room after that shite. 

With games running out and players looking for contracts on that showing and recent weeks there will be a few heading for the door. 

• Upvote 1

That was pish. We didn't take our chances. We should not have lost that. The chances we missed at point blank range were unforgivable. 

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe