The General Nonsense Thread - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The General Nonsense Thread

7 hours ago, HamCam said:

When you were in your 40's the Morton scout thought you were in your early 20's? I would be giving L'oreal a call to offer your genes to help with finding the elixer of youth. 

No, he just asked my age. Why don’t you read the posts properly before replying?

@DreamOakTree Let's just call it day now, shall we? No-one really gives a shit about whether you were in Den Haag or not. Maybe they just give a shit about their time and energy being wasted, reading stuff they consider to be fabricated. This is an internet forum populated by invisible people with a username and a post count. Invisible people who you'll never meet, people who you'll never come into contact with in the real-life world, people who can only judge or assess you based on what you write on here. Forum arguments are as pointless as they are meaningless - this thread's not going to go down in history as the 2024 Magna Carta or Gettysburg Address. Please - just stop posting and trying to prove a pointless, unprovable point. No-one gives a shit. They really, really don't.

I wish you a pleasant and happy evening.

13 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

@DreamOakTree Let's just call it day now, shall we? No-one really gives a shit about whether you were in Den Haag or not. Maybe they just give a shit about their time and energy being wasted, reading stuff they consider to be fabricated. This is an internet forum populated by invisible people with a username and a post count. Invisible people who you'll never meet, people who you'll never come into contact with in the real-life world, people who can only judge or assess you based on what you write on here. Forum arguments are as pointless as they are meaningless - this thread's not going to go down in history as the 2024 Magna Carta or Gettysburg Address. Please - just stop posting and trying to prove a pointless, unprovable point. No-one gives a shit. They really, really don't.

13 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

That's probably a good idea. However I'd just like to clarify before closing:

Are you the appointed spokesperson for all posters on this thread with the exception of myself? In that case have you all lived such sheltered lives that you find it hard to believe that part of my job involved working and living in the Netherlands, and that I played for one of my work's football team's?

I worked in Norway, Holland and Belgium from mid eighties to mid ninety's, and also played for a work's team in Norway. Outwith this period I also worked in New Orleans (my favourite), Houston, Las Palmas, Turkmenistan (my least favourite) and Belfast (where I also played for the work's team).

Yes, believe it or not, my passport allowed me to actually leave Greenock. In fact many of us who were paid off by Scott Lithgow at the behest of one Margaret Thatcher, had no option but to move further afield if we wanted to continue working. Continuing to play football was a welcome bonus.

Thank you and goodbye.

• Downvote 1

22 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

Fuck off, I find it thoroughly amusing.

*insert signature here*

8 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

That's probably a good idea. However I'd just like to clarify before closing:

Are you the appointed spokesperson for all posters on this thread with the exception of myself? In that case have you all lived such sheltered lives that you find it hard to believe that part of my job involved working and living in the Netherlands, and that I played for one of my work's football team's?

I worked in Norway, Holland and Belgium from mid eighties to mid ninety's, and also played for a work's team in Norway. Outwith this period I also worked in New Orleans (my favourite), Houston, Las Palmas, Turkmenistan (my least favourite) and Belfast (where I also played for the work's team).

Yes, believe it or not, my passport allowed me to actually leave Greenock. In fact many of us who were paid off by Scott Lithgow at the behest of one Margaret Thatcher, had no option but to move further afield if we wanted to continue working. Continuing to play football was a welcome bonus.

Thank you and goodbye.

The bit in bold is all believable.  We all know guys that have travelled for work, and, especially in the oil & gas sector, will have found themselves in far flung places.  Even the bit about you playing for your work's fitba team is believable too.  What folk on here had an issue was a story about a 40-year old guy being a trialist for an eredivisie team and the story having more holes than a colander.

Still, it was a good laugh. :thumbup2:

*insert signature here*

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Guys like Blues have to remember that fans will be shelling out a lot of money for consecutive home games at the time of the year when it's usually most tight.  Disappointing to hear this though I wasn't there today.

Guys like Blues have to remember nothing about so called “supporters” dishing out abuse. Some Morton “fans” have the patience of an XL bully, even during our tenth consecutive game unbeaten! Blues has just gone up on my estimation if he stood up to that abuse on behalf of his team mates. Well said Bluesy!

• Downvote 7

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

“No other club would take the wee rancid chino-clad self-obsessed piece of shit, so we need to sack the wee pathetic fucker to rid the club of his development player hater, old pals’ lover mentality, before it’s too late. Although IMO it’s already too late as the wee addictive rat has already royally fucked up our club structure,and from where I’m looking, has taken great relish from doing so. Get to fuck ya wee puny imposter!”

I’ve already admitted several times that I was completely out of order with that drink fuelled rant, adding that there is nothing that could excuse it. 
It was an online post though, which is different from vocally discouraging your own players at the actual match. 

I’m genuinely amazed to find that Dougie reads this forum, and as such I will find a way to apologise to him in person. If people are genuinely suggesting that he’s turned his policy around to such an extent that he had 6 academy players on the pitch, due to my one man crusade for a better approach to our academy players, then that would be a far better achievement than my trial period with Den Haag, by a country mile!

• Downvote 7

Just now, Cet Homme Charmant said:

No one, literally no one, has even remotely suggested Dougie has changed his policy on playing youths, let alone on the basis of a one-man crusade by a deluded fantasist. 

Then if you’re so clever, please describe what else could have possibly happened?

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

I’ve already admitted several times that I was completely out of order with that drink fuelled rant, adding that there is nothing that could excuse it. 
It was an online post though, which is different from vocally discouraging your own players at the actual match. 

I’m genuinely amazed to find that Dougie reads this forum, and as such I will find a way to apologise to him in person. If people are genuinely suggesting that he’s turned his policy around to such an extent that he had 6 academy players on the pitch, due to my one man crusade for a better approach to our academy players, then that would be a far better achievement than my trial period with Den Haag, by a country mile!

How do you know he reads the forum? You're head is so far up your own arse that you actually think you have had an influence on his decision making!?! You back on the drink?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

5 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Guys like Blues have to remember nothing about so called “supporters” dishing out abuse. Some Morton “fans” have the patience of an XL bully, even during our tenth consecutive game unbeaten! Blues has just gone up on my estimation if he stood up to that abuse on behalf of his team mates. Well said Bluesy!

How can you come to this conclusion without knowing the background to it?  I'd tend to agree if it was personal abuse but you've clearly learned nothing over the past few weeks ya fucking dumpling.

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

4 hours ago, Toby said:

He was giving youths their chance before your foul mouthed outburst, as I detailed at length about a month ago, as per your request, perhaps?

It was well over a year ago that I and several others started being concerned over Dougie’s youth policy. He’s addressed it now with interest, but you’re getting too obsessed with a particular post you made a month ago to allow yourself focus on the events.

• Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

It was well over a year ago that I and several others started being concerned over Dougie’s youth policy. He’s addressed it now with interest, but you’re getting too obsessed with a particular post you made a month ago to allow yourself focus on the events.

You’ll be able to return the courtesy that I afforded you when I outlined how many minutes Imrie had given young players by citing each of these posts from yourself and others from well over a year ago, then?

The floor is yours.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

You’ll be able to return the courtesy that I afforded you when I outlined how many minutes Imrie had given young players by citing each of these posts from yourself and others from well over a year ago, then?

The floor is yours.

Give me some time to search back over them then, for the sake of clarity. 
As I said though, Dougie has resolved that (only) missing part of his tick list of managerial attributes. And please don’t be misled that he’s only made that u-turn for the benefit of Morton. He’ll have been aware that he’s been overlooked for several managerial vacancies and will have realised that no club would have touched him with a barge pole if he didn’t have a positive attitude towards youth development, let alone being completely against the idea. Now that he’s added that attribute to his CV, watch his name start to appear on managerial short lists going forward.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Give me some time to search back over them then, for the sake of clarity. 
As I said though, Dougie has resolved that (only) missing part of his tick list of managerial attributes. And please don’t be misled that he’s only made that u-turn for the benefit of Morton. He’ll have been aware that he’s been overlooked for several managerial vacancies and will have realised that no club would have touched him with a barge pole if he didn’t have a positive attitude towards youth development, let alone being completely against the idea. Now that he’s added that attribute to his CV, watch his name start to appear on managerial short lists going forward.

Don’t remember asking for any of this shite, the quotes will do.

• Upvote 2