Development Squad Thread - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Development Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So any 15 year old wonder-kid would be eligible to play for the first team but not the reserves? Mental.

Monday afternoons make no sense either.

You have to be 16 to play a first team game as well. That rule was brought in when the SPFL was created.

I don't particularly agree with it as the instances of a 15 year old being good enough to play at that level are so rare, but with a reserve league which will involve more experienced and physically developed players the same principle of having a duty of care to children applies as it does to first team football.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I am all for the reserve league and hope that clubs were informed of this in advance and that we have not been planning to be playing under 20's only to be surprised with the emergence of the reserves.

They should have this on a Monday night. There would be decent games to go and watch, particularly our neighbours up the road when we play them.

It all comes down to money I hope the club are fleecing them for the rental.

Doesn't really matter if the pitch is suffering and we can't play the type of game our manager wants, considering we prob train on 4g at parklea.

The dry conditions over the past two months will not have helped at all though.

Correct. If McKinnon wants us playing a specific kind of football we need a surface conducive to it.

Agreed. I think on Saturday it really slowed down the way we were playing. 

Must say though, it's very refreshing to see us keeping it on the deck and not letting the likes of O'Ware attempt to shell a long ball up at Gary Oliver every time. 

Agreed. I think on Saturday it really slowed down the way we were playing. 

Must say though, it's very refreshing to see us keeping it on the deck and not letting the likes of O'Ware attempt to shell a long ball up at Gary Oliver every time. 

This. Probably why Firhill suited as last week. 

Pitch at Cappielow hasn't been at its best for a while now tbh. Whilst sometimes it looks good on the eye, it'd definitely not in the greatest state. Dry and very sandy. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

This. Probably why Firhill suited as last week. 

Pitch at Cappielow hasn't been at its best for a while now tbh. Whilst sometimes it looks good on the eye, it'd definitely not in the greatest state. Dry and very sandy. 

I was speaking to an opposition player a while ago who said the same thing. It's a shame as about 18 months ago it was superb. 

Mark basically never used to let anyone step foot on the pitch apart from Match days if i remember correctly, now the whole world and their dog uses it. 

I know the hot weather will have had an adverse effect on the pitch over the summer, but i thought it looked pretty disgraceful on Saturday for a first game of the season. It looked more like troon beach than a football pitch when the players were kicking the ball.

I'm sure the next 10 months of constant rain will improve it hopefully.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived