Morton V Livingston - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Livingston

LinwoodTON

There is nothing in that article to suggest he left for anything other than family reasons. He felt he had given the part time club ago ands it didn't suit him. He had been thinking about it for a while. He wanted to leave at that point and give the club a chance to get someone in.

He then moves to a club in the central belt, probably in need of employment with the Clyde job coming up in the very season that Rangers were to play in the same division.

Only other way of finding out the real reasons would be to hear from. Brechin and Clyde board members.

Otherwise, going by the evidence available such as this article, there doesn't seem to be any other reason given than a personal decision from Duffy.

A defeat in the play offs is better than Ray McKinnon did and also Michael O'Neill. Two managers whose stock his risen considerably since leaving Brechin.

What a loathsome little Duffer you are. I suppose if one of your relatives was diagnosed with a terminal illness you would just stay in your Eastern European hide out rather than make yourself available at home.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a loathsome little Duffer you are. I suppose if one of your relatives was diagnosed with a terminal illness you would just stay in your Eastern European hide out rather than make yourself available at home.

Ooft, looks like you've hit the wrong target there sir. Don't think El Gofer is down any Eastern European burrows!

Don't particularly want to go over his managerial past again because as has been said every time it comes up it's what he does at Morton that matters, but if other people are going to bring it up and misrepresent it...

I have no knowledge at all of Duffy's personal circumstances so I'm not going to speculate on what impact they had as it would be pretty offensive to do so, but the footballing reasons for his departure are well-known. Brechin had the biggest budget in the division that season, got nowhere near the title then failed to be promoted through the playoffs. He underachieved without being a disastrous failure and as many managers do in those circumstances he walked.

Also El Gofer, he took the Clyde job on 6 February 2011. Rangers hadn't even entered administration yet and absolutely no one had a clue that a new version of them would be playing in the Third Division the following season: the prospect of having a crack at them can't have featured in his logic on taking the job. He went to another part-time club because failing at Brechin meant he had no chance of getting a full-time managerial job. Clyde and other part-time jobs weren't beneath him even if he tried to give the impression that they were in that interview, at that point it was his level. He needed to have success at a smaller club to be able to move back to full-time management, and he did that with a fourth placed finish in his final season at Clyde.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Still, at least you're taking your routine, absolute shoeings on the forum well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

All fair points Dunning. I was basing my post on the article. Had forgotten about the budget.

Am gonna have a look to see who went up that season as champs.

Have to say that budgets meant nothing for us when in div2.

Erm, budgets were the overwhelming reason why Morton finished 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st respectively, rather than 7th or 9th. In the last two seasons, Morton's league finish matched their budget exactly - the other two were book-ended by completely incompetent management, leading to a sacking (and McInally took over, so very much a case of jumping into the frying-pan from the fire there). Morton parted company with their manager for failure, as did Brechin with Duffy.

Now that the forum has carried out Cowshed Chris' first exercise in fail for him though, the onus is back on him to account for why, following his failure at a village social club, the much sought-after Duffy failed to land a management job at any of 41 superior Scottish football clubs to the one that he washed up at. And not forgetting English jobs either - if John Hughes and Terry Butcher can slither down there, surely Duffy could have landed a role at a diddy like Hartlepool? If not, why not?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Still, at least you're taking your routine, absolute shoeings on the forum well.

70, 000 posts between here and P&B. Say 30 seconds to read, compose and type reply is just short of 600 hours of your life. Raes are still there, Duffy is still there and we are still playing 4--4-2, McInally is still earning more than you. Ah the sweet smell of success.

Suggest a name change to TonQuixote

Now that the forum has carried out Cowshed Chris' first exercise in fail for him though, the onus is back on him to account for why, following his failure at a village social club, the much sought-after Duffy failed to land a management job at any of 41 superior Scottish football clubs to the one that he washed up at. And not forgetting English jobs either - if John Hughes and Terry Butcher can slither down there, surely Duffy could have landed a role at a diddy like Hartlepool? If not, why not?

It's a well known fact that JD had family issues at that time and chose to take a few months out of the game. Whether you believe that or not is entirely up to you and of no interest to me in all honesty.

TRUST THE DUFF

Leaving aside that the stated facts contradict your story - it doesn't still explain in any way whatsoever why Duffy failed to land a single, vacant position at 41 superior Scottish clubs, or any English club, and subsequently washed up at Clyde.

To conclude then, those 'good reasons' were a figment of your imagination. Thanks for playing anyway.

Leaving aside that the stated facts contradict your story - it doesn't still explain in any way whatsoever why Duffy failed to land a single, vacant position at 41 superior Scottish clubs, or any English club, and subsequently washed up at Clyde.

To conclude then, those 'good reasons' were a figment of your imagination. Thanks for playing anyway.

Some of this thread does though explain why you have washed up on here an P&B instead of ending up as a sports reporter with the Daily Vitriol. Did it go against the grain for you to wear the standard issue Duff le coat?

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Still, at least you correctly directed your breakdown to the intended recipient this time, so an improvement on your last, seething mess contribution.

Some of this thread does though explain why you have washed up on here an P&B instead of ending up as a sports reporter with the Daily Vitriol. Did it go against the grain for you to wear the standard issue Duff le coat?

I was a sports reporter for five years and I think I saw one duffle coat. Then again I never reported from Scotland.

EOho8Pw.png

What is wrong with you? Did Jim winch yer maw or something?

I was a sports reporter for five years and I think I saw one duffle coat. Then again I never reported from Scotland.

You dont say, its not like you dont mention it every couple of posts.

Next you will be telling us again that you live in america, america wowsers!!!

Archived