Board Q & A - Morton Club - 2nd May 7pm - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Board Q & A - Morton Club - 2nd May 7pm

In all honesty it could probably be done with a couple of representatives from all the supporters clubs. Let's face it, there are only between 10 and 20 questions that fans want answered, and we all know what these questions are.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As was once said "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time".

I appreciate that the venue is not to everyone's liking but surely the priority here is to take the opportunity to ask the questions of the Board that you believe have to be answered? I know it does not apply to all but too many keyboard warriors making up all sort of spurious reasons for not attending.

Not exactly convenient for me but as an unhappy customer/fan I have registered to attend and no I am not a member of the supporter's club - my only experience of the place ensured I never went back!

People will complain about the location as it provides them the perfect excuse to refuse to be more than keyboard warriors.

I personally cannot make it as I am abroad with work; however, I haven't been the keyboard smacker that many have. I await VT and BBT's contributions with eager anticipation.

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

Not exactly convenient for me but as an unhappy customer/fan I have registered to attend and no I am not a member of the supporter's club - my only experience of the place ensured I never went back!

Aye, that no goats rule is a real bummer.

People will complain about the location as it provides them the perfect excuse to refuse to be more than keyboard warriors.

I personally cannot make it as I am abroad with work; however, I haven't been the keyboard smacker that many have. I await VT and BBT's contributions with eager anticipation.

^^^hiding

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

^^^hiding

From what, exactly?

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

Aye, that no goats rule is a real bummer.

It never even got that far - I left the goat tethered outside!

Safe to say the welcoming committee were not very welcome. As Billy Connolly once said " They made me feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit".

My 2 bobs worth, seems to be a few recurring issues here.

Size of Hall - I think 100 is fair given the inevitable high spirits of participants on the night, all wanting their opinions heard. I was present at one in the port town hall circa 7 years ago and it was a farce, no order whatsoever.

Car Parking - adequate parking within a 5 minute walk of the hall, no issue. James, you and your boys just get a taxi up like last time.

Preferential Treatment to GMFC Members - to my knowledge details of the ticket website wasn't leaked to the glitterati beforehand.

There were people pleading for an event like this to take place and for auld Dougie to hold himself accountable, that platform is now available and it seems an easy out for folk to chastise the choice of venue.

Perhaps we could get some sort of Q&A from here for a portion of the night, a live feed for the faceless and timid? All joking aside, that's not a bad idea for out of towners etc who cannot attend.

As far as complimentary briefs go, who on here would give up a free dinner?

Good analysis.

My 2 bobs worth, seems to be a few recurring issues here.

Size of Hall - I think 100 is fair given the inevitable high spirits of participants on the night, all wanting their opinions heard. I was present at one in the port town hall circa 7 years ago and it was a farce, no order whatsoever.

Car Parking - adequate parking within a 5 minute walk of the hall, no issue. James, you and your boys just get a taxi up like last time.

Preferential Treatment to GMFC Members - to my knowledge details of the ticket website wasn't leaked to the glitterati beforehand.

There were people pleading for an event like this to take place and for auld Dougie to hold himself accountable, that platform is now available and it seems an easy out for folk to chastise the choice of venue.

Perhaps we could get some sort of Q&A from here for a portion of the night, a live feed for the faceless and timid? All joking aside, that's not a bad idea for out of towners etc who cannot attend.

As far as complimentary briefs go, who on here would give up a free dinner?

We walked, i´ll have you know ,) 6 cars worth.

Thanks for the concern, anyway. It´s cute.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

.....and if you're ThornTON, shagging like ****. 

Anyone getting excited about the venue should probably find something better to worry about.

If you want to go, get yourself on an reserve a ticket; if not then don't moan about it.

I don't like your attitude.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Don't get the complaining over the venue.

Last one I attended was there too, although being the one with Cowboy and the limited grey away shirt it was a while back. More of a feel good factor so it was bound to be busy. Certainly wasn't packed out.

This one will be lucky to get 100.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Like carrying on with my life.

Congratulations. Everything you now say in complaint about the board of GMFC rendered null and void.

You staying up late to restich the letters on your sad wee union flag for 'fuds on tour' next season?

Congratulations. Everything you now say in complaint about the board of GMFC rendered null and void.

You staying up late to restich the letters on your sad wee union flag for 'fuds on tour' next season?

I think you'll find it's me that decides what's null and void on here wee man, starting with your patter.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

I think you'll find it's me that decides what's null and void on here wee man, starting with your patter.

You're so cool. Can I join your gang? I'm brilliant at moaning and doing shag all productive about it.

Archived