Thread About Ex Player - Page 205 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I thought he came across quite well in the simon ferry thing. Never really listened to him before but seems a normal guy.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today because I'm tired from being out in the heat but my point is that a lot of these guys have got an awful lot to say for themselves when they've kept quiet about a lot else.

EOho8Pw.png

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today because I'm tired from being out in the heat but my point is that a lot of these guys have got an awful lot to say for themselves when they've kept quiet about a lot else.

I might have missed it but he comes across as a guy who loves football and knows he's made a lot of bad decisions that he doesn't blame anyone else but himself for.

Edited by irnbru

Personally think he is spot on. Notice a lot of players - including our own Chris Millar - supporting the point he makes, and that degree of uncertainty must have the potential to trigger anxiety and/or depression.

Yep, don't really see what the problem is here.

AWMSC

Would anybody like to elaborate on the snake thing is it seems every player that leaves is a snake McLaughlin,McLaren,Russell,McManus,Barr etc

McLaren? Russell? 

There have probably been more than two hundred first team players who have left the club in that time period: I'd say that comfortably 95% of them aren't snakes. Here's a brief cut-out-and-keep guide:

Whine about being let go because you were gubbins and try to give it the big licks to the Morton fans when you score, before getting relegated anyway - snake (McLaughlin)

Decide that you wish to turn down The Famous in order to pursue 'a different challenge' elsewhere (preferably getting relegated to the seaside leagues and then failing in the play-offs again) - snake (Barr, McManus, D.)

Construct lies about the fanbase abusing you in front of your wife and weans because you need to desperately backpedal from your promise to resign having failed in the play-offs - King Snake (McInally)

Scheme to knife a manager in the back so you can get to take over the post despite having no credible qualifications or experience for the role - King Snake (Grady, McManus, A.)

If you are in doubt as to whether a player is a snake, consult the above checklist. If any of them apply, he's probably a snake. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The reason Declan McManus went to raith instead of coming back to us, was because his partner was pregnant/had just given birth and he wanted to be closer to home to help out with the baby.

She lives/lived on the east coast, hence the reason he chose raith and then dunfermnline.

I think it's pretty harsh to describe him as a "snake" as he's put his families interests at first with that decision, which is commendable in my book.

I'm led to believe that the money he was offered at raith was similar to what he was on/offered at Morton.

So it's really a no brainer for him to choose raith over us, to be nearer home, on a similar wage and have the reduced costs of commuting through here every day. Money he could and should be putting towards the baby.

All of which he discovered and agreed a mere 24hrs after he told Duffy he was signing for us again, not turning up when expected and instead heading for fife.

Baby or no baby, that's snake like actions.

• Upvote 2

The reason Declan McManus went to raith instead of coming back to us was because his partner was pregnant/had just given birth and he wanted to be closer to home to help out with the baby.

She lives/lived on the east coast hence the reason he chose raith and then dunfermnline.

I think it's pretty harsh describing him as a "snake" as he's put his families interests first with that decision, which is commendable in my book.

He would obviously be saving a fortune on not commuting through here every day which is money he could and should be putting towards the baby.

Edit to add: (Deleted my original post, which Jamie M as kindly already quoted, as the part about his wages is probably incorrect as I think fleetwood wouldve been paying his wages at this point.)

Edited by JLTON

The reason Declan McManus went to raith instead of coming back to us was because his partner was pregnant/had just given birth and he wanted to be closer to home to help out with the baby.

She lives/lived on the east coast hence the reason he chose raith and then dunfermnline.

I think it's pretty harsh describing him as a "snake" as he's put his families interests first with that decision, which is commendable in my book.

He would obviously be saving a fortune on not commuting through here every day which is money he could and should be putting towards the baby.

Absolutely correct. I think what people forget is that the majority of players at Morton are not Morton fans. Why our fans think they should have such loyalty to us is bewildering.

• Downvote 5

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Edit to add: (Deleted my original post, which Jamie M as kindly already quoted, as the part about his wages is probably incorrect as I think fleetwood wouldve been paying his wages at this point.)

You can safely disregard vt's input about ex players and managers... The boy sees snakes every where. He's a fanboy of 2/3 individuals over whom he obsesses. Regularly choking his own snake

Over pictures of Bryan Wake e.g. otherwise he's very quick to badmouth former players - particularly if they end up at less fashionable clubs.

• Downvote 6

Show Racism the Red Card

Absolutely correct. I think what people forget is that the majority of players at Morton are not Morton fans. Why our fans think they should have such loyalty to us is bewildering.

Plus he almost single handedly won us the league that year.

Yep, don't really see what the problem is here.

According to a Rovers fan on P&B, McLaughlin was touting himself as 'available' on Twitter in January. Now, he may well have had permission from the club to do so, for all I know. But if he did have such permission, can he really act surprised that they're not phoning him begging him to come back in May? And if he didn't have permission, why is he expecting greater loyalty than he himself has shown?

Again, I don't think he's entirely wrong that Rovers have been inconsiderate here* but again, why is this purely a one-way responsibility? Power has been flowing in the direction of players for years, causing much uncertainty and (dare I say it) anxiety for others at clubs, including other players. To play the mental health card when he knew fine well he'd signed a one-year deal is really unfair.

*apparently they are in major financial trouble, the bank (RBS) is making the key decisions, and they've brought in some guy from the Juniors as manager, so my guess is there's a lot of uncertainty over their budget etc. But even if that's the case, there is nothing to prevent them from phoning up players and saying "listen, we're not in a position to make an offer right now because of the budget, but this may change" or something.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm sure that bald guy lives in Moorky.

Don't hijack my meme. This is about cornbeef being a heavy-breathing wrong 'un. Post your own if you want to target it at someone else.

EOho8Pw.png

Don't hijack my meme. This is about cornbeef being a heavy-breathing wrong 'un. Post your own if you want to target it at someone else.

Nae bother

ec63c2b4200b0cbe8f4ec01a0e71f683.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>