Thread About Ex Player - Page 199 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Hughes done well at falkirk and ict.

Don't think Barr should be talking like that tbh. 

He has also been an absolute disaster at multiple clubs, including the one at which that snake Barr played for him. It's hardly Arrigo Sacchi we're dealing with here then. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He has also been an absolute disaster at multiple clubs, including the one at which that snake Barr played for him. It's hardly Arrigo Sacchi we're dealing with here then.

Ain't no Brian Wake ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Ain't no Brian Wake ...

Well if he's not up there with Sacchi then he obviously doesn't have a prayer against Wake. Next. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm sure O'Ware would have fancied his chances of getting picked up by a Premiership team... a poor move really, but the Championship is his level.

• Downvote 6

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I'm sure O'Ware would have fancied his chances of getting picked up by a Premiership team... a poor move really, but the Championship is his level.

Agreed. I think this is his level. He had one good season, statistically. First half of it was playing with gunning. Don't think he is that brilliant positionally, although partick shipped a silly amount of goals last season.

Apparently, he was touting himself to st mirren but they didn't want him.

He's a Championship level centre back with some positive attributes, including goalscoring, and he still has a lot of learning and developing to do before he's Premiership quality. And that's before we get into his finger pointing, blame attributing s***e. As much as I'd have preferred to keep him, I'm not overly disappointed that he's gone. 

Edited by BishopLenBrennan

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

He's a Championship level centre back with some positive attributes, including goalscoring, and he still has a lot of learning and developing to do before he's Premiership quality. And that's before we get into his finger pointing, blame attributing s***e. As much as I'd have preferred to keep him, I'm not overly disappointed that he's gone.

Completely concur.

A championship level centre back.

A half decent one all the same, but nothing more.

When I heard he was touting himself to them, I thought....get him hounded!!!

O'Ware will not be difficult to replace at all and deserves no well wishes at all. The last two seasons saw monumental collapses and he was the epitome of them: the one before last he fucked off on holiday and the last one he decided he couldn't be arsed playing the last game. Also went about telling supporters that we were going to get relegated before the season we did, no fuckin wonder that happened when players decided it was going to before a ball was kicked.

Mediocre player, rubbish attitude. We're well rid.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

He wasn’t perfect. But let’s not kid ourselves. He’ll be difficult to replace.

Spot on. I think some folk forget we’re a second tier Scottish club.

Really hope we can get Lamie signed up even more now.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

O'Ware will not be difficult to replace at all and deserves no well wishes at all. The last two seasons saw monumental collapses and he was the epitome of them: the one before last he ****ed off on holiday and the last one he decided he couldn't be arsed playing the last game. Also went about telling supporters that we were going to get relegated before the season we did, no ****in wonder that happened when players decided it was going to before a ball was kicked.

Mediocre player, rubbish attitude. We're well rid.

Do remember taking part in an event where many of the first team squad were present a few years ago.  They seemed a decent bunch, I left thinking the only one that had a bit of a giant sized ego was O'Ware... was never really that keen on him after that. A decent player for us though...

• Downvote 5

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Putting aside the judgements on his personality and character, based on pretty much zero evidence or knowledge of what he is like as a human being - and looking at it solely on footballing perforances, if this conversation took place 12 months or even 6 months ago the opinions would likely be different.

He's away to a bigger club who have been playing in the top tier for a number of years, who have a better infrastructure, decent sized fanbase and a manager who is bringing him in to form part of a team he intends to win the league with.

This is a better move for him than it is for Morton.

Oware showed in his cup performances against top level teams that he has the potential to play at a higher level than the Championship and was the integral part of a defence that performed very well over 3 or 4 seasons.

Chances are fairly high that he will be playing in the Premiership next season.

Edited by HeidTheBaw
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2