Thread About Ex Player - Page 166 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Another mention for the ever divisive Bachirou, there's an interview with him on the FIFA website. We get a passing mention in the article but Bachirou's comments are all about Ostersunds/Comoros: http://www.fifa.com/live-scores/news/y=2017/m=8/news=bachirou-ostersunds-example-can-inspire-comoros-2905110.html

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I presume that the division you're referring to is between 'those who think he's a snake' (non-snakelike) v 'those who don't think he's a snake' (while slithering along the floor and using their forked tongue to smell).

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Another mention for the ever divisive Bachirou, there's an interview with him on the FIFA website. We get a passing mention in the article but Bachirou's comments are all about Ostersunds/Comoros: http://www.fifa.com/live-scores/news/y=2017/m=8/news=bachirou-ostersunds-example-can-inspire-comoros-2905110.html

They've overturned a 3-1 away defeat to qualify for the group stages.

Fair play to them because it's quite the fairytale. It's not like they spent a ton of money to manage it. Certainly the team they beat tonight (PAOK) are a significantly bigger and richer club.

In fact I just looked and of the team that started tonight, eight of them played for Ostersunds in the Superettan (second tier), including Fred. Of the ones that didn't, two of them were signed from other teams in Superettan. Only one player was anywhere near established in the top flight when he signed, Tom Petterson (the only ethnic Swede in the lineup), who was a squad player at IFK and previously played for Belgian no-marks OH Leuven.

This is broadly what DDF had in mind when he was signing the likes of Dean Keenan and saying "the boys" deserved a chance to prove themselves at a higher level, but unfortunately instead of signing a bunch of hard-working professionals who were drilled to punch significantly above their weight, he instead lumbered the club with a job lot of gurning tossers who played naked table tennis when they weren't getting drunk and injuring themselves. Sad!

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

Back on Chris Millar, St. Johnstone have now officially confirmed that he's free to find another club.

The more I think about it the more I think it could work having him beside Murdoch - while he's obviously not as mobile he's gradually became a more defensive player over his time at St. Johnstone and his defensive reading of the game really is excellent now - but there's obviously going to be concern about his fitness at his age after only playing 22 games last season. I don't see it happening, but if he stays fit he'll be an excellent signing for anyone in this division. No surprise if he finds a bottom six club though.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

He only just signed a new deal at the end of last season, why are they so keen to get rid?

I think he's one of their highest earners, and is constantly injured, he would be great for any team at this level, but I don't personally think he's what we need, but Dougie will be very interested I imagine.