Thread About Ex Player - Page 169 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Odds on that they go to Fort Matilda to watch egg-chasing IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Fred booked again but he won't mind as Ostersunds beat Hertha 1-0 at home in the Europa League. Two wins from two, quote incredible when you consider three short years ago most of this squad was playing second division football in Sweden. Next game in Europe is the mighty Athletic Bilbao at home on the 19th of October. Good luck to them, proper fairytale, this - and even if they lose both against them they're in with a superb chance of 2nd.

EOho8Pw.png

Fred booked again but he won't mind as Ostersunds beat Hertha 1-0 at home in the Europa League. Two wins from two, quote incredible when you consider three short years ago most of this squad was playing second division football in Sweden. Next game in Europe is the mighty Athletic Bilbao at home on the 19th of October. Good luck to them, proper fairytale, this - and even if they lose both against them they're in with a superb chance of 2nd.

I actually considered taking them on my coupon but felt Hertha Berlin would be a step too far, so I took the much safer option of the aforementioned mighty Athletic Bilbao instead... who went and lost at home to a West Russian outfit.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I actually considered taking them on my coupon but felt Hertha Berlin would be a step too far, so I took the much safer option of the aforementioned mighty Athletic Bilbao instead... who went and lost at home to a West Russian outfit.

I don't get to bet often but I'm in the UK for a while so I put three fivefolds on - a Monday, a Tuesday, and a (relatively) big stake Monday-Wednesday. All three came up, plus my two singles on the Spurs game (HT/FT and win to nil.) I can't remember the last time I got one fivefold up, let alone three in three days.

Then again if I'd done a Thursday coupon I'd have taken Athletic at home no bother, so I'll call it luck. This is why I stay off the Europa League.

EOho8Pw.png

Even Aberdeen beat that lot at Pittodrie. Everton are flat and really quite bad.

Koeman has a really mixed record as manager. I didn't watch the game tonight but I've seen a bit of Everton recently and yes, they're rotten - but even allowing for rotation they should be winning games like this. Cypriot clubs have massive wage bills relative to their crowds and income but even so, they should be out of sight after 25 minutes. Even allowing for Everton's gubbinsosity and their result on matchday one, it's still a shock result.

EOho8Pw.png

Looking forward to Keith Jackson's hot takes about English football being the laughing stock of Europe due to this result, after his reaction to Aberdeen's elimination by the same side. That's if he can manage to write an article about Cyprus, seen as there aren't as many lazy stereotypes to throw at an island of Greco-Turks as there are for Colombians.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Looking forward to Keith Jackson's hot takes about English football being the laughing stock of Europe due to this result, after his reaction to Aberdeen's elimination by the same side. That's if he can manage to write an article about Cyprus, seen as there aren't as many lazy stereotypes to throw at an island of Greco-Turks as there are for Colombians.

*Journalist of the year Keith Jackson.

Yes, let's be clear that we're talking about the actual Scottish Journalist of the Year as voted for by Scottish journalists; not the sports journalist of the year, the genuine winner from every field of journalism.

I have some sympathy for the decline of print journalism and know some good people working hard at making a living from it, but when they're turning round and saying that clueless lickspittle is the best their industry has to offer it's little surprise to see newspapers becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Edited by dunning1874

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Imagine being so bad a club that such a nothing statistic goes down as a 'club record'.

And then imagine Lawrence Shankland actually holding such a shan club record for a nothing club.

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Brian Wake completes hie first season of management as an unbeaten league champion:

http://www.everysport.com/sport/fotboll/fotbollsserier-2017/division-3-herr/soedra-norrland/77731

Reports have also surfaced of a certain ex-manager's predictable influence at Gretna 2008:

Irons/Aitken have really turned this team around, we showed great belief and character throughout, incredible to think this is pretty much the same team that were so shambolic in the first 2 games of the season!

If the goals Gretna conceded were a disappointment, then the ones BSC conceded were just ridiculous.  Where I do agree with Scotty though is the fantastic job Davie Irons is doing and a really nice guy as well.

Wake's swashbuckling, inspirational presence as manager to sword teams; Sir David's tactical cynicism as His assistant to stop the opposition. A management dream team that would make Greenock Morton Great Again. 
​

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1